PDA

View Full Version : Demo Games

Yenooc
June 26th, 2007, 16:02
I know that this is a lot to ask, but it would be very helpful for all those either brand new to FG or wanting to see how it's done right if some of the more experienced hands could regulary--occasionally by many would equal regularly overall--DM single session games as an intro to the workings and features of the program.

As anyone who had read my past (whining) posts knows, my schedule is so chaotic that I cannot yet join any steady group, but I'd love to join a party of five or six newbies being guided through an introductory FGII adventure just so we could learn the ropes. I prefer "plain vanilla" DnD 3.5 myself. :D

Hamish
June 26th, 2007, 18:42
I'd be interested in one of those too.

John_Geeshu
June 26th, 2007, 18:47
When would y'all be interested in doing this? If the time is a good fit for me I would be happy to give some noobs a crash course in FGII.

Hamish
June 26th, 2007, 21:02
Weeknight would be best for me, hard to tell which one in advance. I'm on GMT+1, 8-11 PM would be good.

Kalan
June 26th, 2007, 21:07
I too can walk some people through, tho only between 1900 and 2130 GMT+1 (Copenhagen time)...unless its a weekend, then almost anytime is good if I know in advance ;)

Tropico
June 26th, 2007, 21:15
I would be totally interested in this.

I am still really a 'newbie' and would love to see how a veteran manages to run a game smoothly/quickly. But also by now I've been in a couple games and I do have a few tips I can share with true-blue newcomers :)

Just let me know the day/time, I can make pretty much any slot, with some advance notice.

Yenooc
June 27th, 2007, 04:13
I'm happy to see the positive response that has already been made in the short time since I posted. :D I was inspired by a Calendar posting by Luinil Galad under the title, "Demo Campaign."

If newbies and those who want to learn the finer points of the system could look on the Calendar and regularly find similar postings, we could make this forum even friendlier and more welcoming than it already is. ;) And we'd reap a crop of players and DM's ready to participate in awesome games.

John_Geeshu
June 29th, 2007, 00:15
Due to popular demand I will be offering my services as a GM to run some one-off sessions for players new to D&D and/or FGII. I couldn't follow the discussion of everyone's time zones on the thread so please just apply to join the campaign and then you can post the times that work for you and we'll see what groups will work when. I will scale down difficulty so groups of two or three can manage okay.

Here's the link to the calendar entry:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=184