PDA

View Full Version : LFP: Need 4 Players; Wednesday Night 8p till 12a CST; Multi-Campaign

Cruise105
February 27th, 2021, 14:57
FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate
Game System: 5E

Time Zone: Central Time USA
Day of week and time: Wednesdays starting at 8pm
Planned start date: Currently started...
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 Hours, Weekly
Term: Long term, multiple modules, (if the group wishes to remain together)

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Campaign Module dependent.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have 5 players, looking for 1 more.
Character starting level & equipment: Campaign Module dependent.
Character restrictions: Make sure anything not already in the Fantasy Grounds server is approved by the DM before you begin typing it into your character sheet.

Details of your scenario: Currently playing the Tyranny of Dragons series (Hoard of the Dragon Queen, The Rise of Tiamat). Then if the group wishes to remain together and continue to play as a group a vote will be started for the next campaign module. I am hoping to find a group that will play together for a very long time. If you have run or played through any of the modules please don't spoil them for others, and please no Meta-Gaming. House Rules are in use. Please send me a private message for more details.

I am going to be upfront with you ... I am not a great DM, some might say I am not a good DM. I am still fairly new, maybe a year under my belt as a DM. I try to make the game enjoyable for all, but sometimes fall short of that goal. I am not very good a describing things, I am not very good at adjusting encounters, I am not very good at 'winging it'. I do try to learn more and improve as a DM. If you would like to play under a new DM who is still learning and may make mistakes please reply.

Reeman326
February 27th, 2021, 21:00
What would you say the balance between rp and combat will be in the campaigns?

Cruise105
February 27th, 2021, 22:22
What would you say the balance between rp and combat will be in the campaigns?

It depends on the campaign. The first one I am running (Tyranny of Dragons) I would say is probably 75% combat, 25% rp ... though I could be completely wrong. Others, such as Curse of Strahd is closer to 60% combat, 40% rp, Tales of the Yawning Portal is more 95% combat 5% rp. It really depends on the module I am running.

Though as I said, those numbers could be so far off that they make me look more like I don't know what I am doing.

themooch13
March 27th, 2021, 03:35
Hi. My husband and I are looking for a group. We both know 5e well and he has experience DMing. Hubby prefers to play support characters, I enjoy playing anything but wizards. Message me if there's room at the table or if you have questions. :)

ejoperson
March 27th, 2021, 04:08
I'm interested in joining you, I've been playing for years and anyone willing to DM is a great DM.

Matvelas
March 27th, 2021, 18:04
Hello I would be interested in joining if you still have room

KingRocco23
March 31st, 2021, 03:34
Hey, I'm looking for a game to play in. I saw this and thought to apply. I have been playing D&D for a few years. I'd playing nearly any class, and fill any role needed.

Omalus
March 31st, 2021, 16:10
Very interested. Able to join tonight and on Wednesdays. I've role played for years. Familiar with D&D 5e. Willing to play any class the party needs.

Splatter
March 31st, 2021, 22:50
I would be interested in joining up for a regular Wednesday night game.

Experience: 40+ years, all D&D editions, DM & player
Time Zone: Central Time
FG version: FG Unity, ultimate subscription
player class: I can play just about role that the party requires.

Discord ID: Splatter #6677

DedicatedJ
April 3rd, 2021, 05:19
Interested new player!

Zarbear
April 3rd, 2021, 16:09
Hey there I'm definitely interested as the time and day work well for me. I've been playing for about 2 years as both player and DM. Hope you still have room!

roberth
April 9th, 2021, 15:42
Hello I am interested in this game, do you have any open slots?

Taberdeath
April 13th, 2021, 05:35
I'd be interested in playing

genokahn
April 13th, 2021, 22:48
Well for a self-confessed, marginal DM it sure looks like 10 plus people want to play your game! I am sure you are just being modest and I hope it is a great experience for all. A marginal DM, relatively new to FG, you have been a great inspiration, Cruise!

Cruise105
April 27th, 2021, 17:06
I apologize for my lack of response. Work has not been kind to me lately. I will return to checking this post daily.

Vekssha
April 28th, 2021, 01:30
Hello, is there space left in your group? I really would like to join. :)

Cruise105
April 28th, 2021, 05:05
Hello, is there space left in your group? I really would like to join. :)

There are still slots open. Send me a private message and I can answer any question and share some details with you.

Merry_Mayhem
April 28th, 2021, 18:17
I just want to say that Cruise is a great DM and I am sorry that my work schedule changed so I could not stay in his game.

Cruise105
May 8th, 2021, 15:20
For anyone who might see this and be interested ... There is still one slot open.

Cruise105
May 15th, 2021, 16:40
Greetings all. My game is currently full.