PDA

View Full Version : Yet another player looking for a game....

History_Teacher
June 26th, 2007, 04:09
Greetings!

I have FG light II and I'm interested in playing. I was in an FG campaign about a year ago, but player incompatibility and a master's program got in the way and the campaign died. (Unfortunately..the DM was really good.)

It's summer time and I'm on break. I'm looking to join a campaign, either ongoing or starting up. I've played D&D almost every week since about 1978 so I know my way around a character sheet. I've got rules for basic, AD&D, 3.0 and 3.5 as well as Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms and Eberron.

I enjoy a mix of roll-play and role-play. (FG allows for more role-play IMHO.) I like relaxed groups that don't munchkin/twink/min-max and don't argue about loot distribution. (The cause of the death of my last FG campaign. Why do people who play thieves think they *have* to steal from party members?)

Interested? Drop me a line at [email protected]. I'm eager to play.

History Teacher

John_Geeshu
June 26th, 2007, 19:50
If you get the fighter to whack the PC Rogue who steals from other PCs and then give him a firm warning of certain death next time it happens, it puts a stop to those kind of antics.

calvinNhobbes
June 26th, 2007, 20:04
If you get the fighter to whack the PC Rogue who steals from other PCs and then give him a firm warning of certain death next time it happens, it puts a stop to those kind of antics.

Unless of course the rogue has befriended the dim-witted tank and gives him a cut. :D

Griogre
June 26th, 2007, 20:30
Still after it about 3rd it is easy for a cleric to zone of truth the rogue and for the party get rid of crooks. Good PC's probably won't kill the rogue but kicking the rogue out of the party works fine. Greedy rogues who do the math will find they will almost always get more adventurering than swiping a few items - unless they can TPK multiple parties. Bet though that player wouldn't be invited back, though.

Tropico
June 26th, 2007, 21:31
I've always seen both 'no party-stealing' and 'no party-killing' as a given.

And my PnP players have as well.. guess I've been lucky?

I guess I'd better specify that very clearly in the game announcement when I'm ready to GM :square:

Anyway History-Teacher, your preferences sound very in tune with how our little party (of just 2 for now) was rolling last Sunday in our game. I played a wide-eyed smart-mouthed sorcerer-girl and Garignak was playing a mean but well-meaning orc... we weren't ROLEplaying it but we weren't ROLLplaying it either, just taking it easy playing the game and bouncing our character's personalities off of each other, it was very fun and I think we got some nice funny moments out of the whole thing.

If that sounds cool for you just get in touch with Lokiare1, I think we're playing every other Sunday (or maybe it was every Sunday, not sure).

Griogre
June 27th, 2007, 07:10
History Teacher, feel free to check out my Rappan Athuk game, it is a straight dungeon crawl though. Info is on this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6661

Dementia Five
June 30th, 2007, 02:11
If you are curious about the fantastic land of Fey and are into rescue operations, dungeon crawling and the like:

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44533#post44533

the party could use some moderate lvl magic users/clerics. Typically Friday's 10PM EDT.

Cheers!