PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Token Box Crashes

Tropico
June 25th, 2007, 20:12
So I'm thinking of purchasing the amazing top-down token collections from Four Ugly Monsters. To that end I downloaded their Freebies pack (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/showthread.php?p=13629#post13629) (Low Res) to test 'em out (and just to enjoy moving tokens back and forth on the map :) ).

Here's what happened:

- I located '\Applications Data\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\host\'.

- I made '\Applications Data\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\host\freebies\'.

- I put the 15 or so freebie PNG tokens into that folder.

- I opened up FG2 in Host mode using the Tale of Dinor campaign.

- I clicked on the token box.

- Program crashed.

Then I tried putting the 15 tokens not in a subfolder, but in the top level \host\ folder. Program crashed.

Then I tried putting only a couple tokens, in the top level \host\ folder. Program was OK.

Then I tried adding a few tokens. Program crashed.

Then I tried removing the tokens that I had added. Program crashed. (This is with the same couple of tokens that it had previously worked fine with).

Then I removed all tokens. Program worked fine.

Then I added one token again. Program crashed.

Then I tried all the above, but instead of toplevel, I did it with a '\freebies\' subfolder. Same result: with the first couple tokens, works fine, as soon as I start adding more, crash, then even when I remove the ones I added, crash, crash, crash, until I remove ALL tokens from the token folder.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks for any help.

(Edit -> Here's the info I get in the crash window showing some info about the error, though it doesn't mean much to me)

AppName: fantasygrounds.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: fantasygrounds.exe
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000b0eb0

Ged
June 25th, 2007, 20:31
Thanks for the report. It was replicated and will be addressed in an update.

Tropico
June 25th, 2007, 20:45
Awesome Ged, thank you.

Just for everyone's info, I managed to get the tokens in and working fine by doing the following things:

- These tokens come in sizes around 150-300 pixels square, which is huge for FG I think (and these are the low-res versions!) so.. using the Windows Powertoys Image Resizer Tool (https://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx) I resized every token down to 50x50 pixels.

- The tokens also come in filenames like 'freebie_12077_21.PNG' and I've seen how long names with weird characters in them sometimes break programs.. so, using a little AutoHotKey (https://www.autohotkey.com/) script which I whipped up I automagically renamed all the files to token1.png, token2.png, etc.

- I took the 50x50 tokenx.png files and placed them in '\tokens\host\token\' subfolder.

- They work fine now. As 50x50 is the standard medium-size I was planning on using (and why would anyone want anything bigger than that anyways? to get like three tokens to fit on the screen max, or what?) they are perfect.

Kudos for the prompt reply.

Tropico
June 25th, 2007, 22:02
Ok, I've now done the same process for sizes 100x100, 200x200, 400x400, and 600x600.

Ive placed each batch of tokens (they're all the SAME tokens, just different sizes and filenames) in subfolders \tokens\ , \tokensl\ , \tokensxl\ , and so on.

They all work perfectly. So the problem apparently was not the size; maybe the filename? I have no idea.. but they do all work now.

(ps, why have tokens larger then 50x50, I realized just now, so they dont get all blurry when/if you do decide to zoom in.. 50x50 is a fine default playing size but every once in a while you just wanna zoom it in)

Another issue worth looking at: the larger the token, the harder time the token box seems to have in 'arranging' them, to the point where the 600x600 bag does no arranging at all, but just piles them all on top of each other in the upper left corner! I think this must be because the box is using the original size of the tokens (as opposed to the small 'max size' size that they are when in the box).