PDA

View Full Version : Sidebar in 2e Ruleset?

doseyclwn
February 26th, 2021, 05:11
So I loaded up the 2e ruleset, was going to mess around with it to possibly run some 1e (2e ruleset with the 1e extension), and there was no sidebar. When I tried to get it to come up, I get a script error every time I hit any of the buttons.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:445: attempt to call field 'getName' (a nil value)

does the sidebar not show up for this ruleset anymore or am I doing something wrong?

The possibility exists that I'm just a dumbass.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

damned
February 26th, 2021, 06:12
Delete your unpacked version and rerun the updater.

doseyclwn
February 26th, 2021, 06:16
Do you mean the .pak file?

damned
February 26th, 2021, 06:29
Do you have any unpacked CoreRPG or 2E rulesets?
Does the error occur without the 1E extension?

celestian
February 26th, 2021, 06:57
So I loaded up the 2e ruleset, was going to mess around with it to possibly run some 1e (2e ruleset with the 1e extension), and there was no sidebar. When I tried to get it to come up, I get a script error every time I hit any of the buttons.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:445: attempt to call field 'getName' (a nil value)

does the sidebar not show up for this ruleset anymore or am I doing something wrong?

The possibility exists that I'm just a dumbass.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

You shouldn't be getting any errors. If you are remove all extensions and make sure you're completely updated.

Here is how you switch between Menu buttons and bar. Changing the Menu/bar settings requires a reload to take effect.

https://i.imgur.com/JWDkNbC.gif

https://i.imgur.com/mcZ7Tdz.gif

doseyclwn
February 26th, 2021, 07:39
I knew I was missing something simple. Thank you!

Gunrsm8
February 27th, 2021, 00:04
Are you getting the nil value message from trying to put weapon proficiencies on weapons? I am still getting that, and have been for almost 2 weeks.

damned
February 27th, 2021, 00:20
Are you getting the nil value message from trying to put weapon proficiencies on weapons? I am still getting that, and have been for almost 2 weeks.

Please dont hijack a completely unrelated thread.