PDA

View Full Version : Event submission questions

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 17:30
FG Con website is now back online...

I'm confused - Logged in - set UTC and password - looked at current events - looked at at add event info page - exited. Logged out. Logged back in - UTC setting in profile was gone. Events were all gone for other players I was looking at just minutes before. Set UTC again - updated profile - still showed not updated this time (first time it did). I don't know what is happening here.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 17:50
I'm confused - Logged in - set UTC and password - looked at current events - looked at at add event info page - exited. Logged out. Logged back in - UTC setting in profile was gone. Events were all gone for other players I was looking at just minutes before. Set UTC again - updated profile - still showed not updated this time (first time it did). I don't know what is happening here.
The "Select..." box is just to select or change your currently selected time zone. The box beneath shows the currently selected one - you're showing "America/Chicago" currently.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 18:05
That’s correct CST time zone that showed originally. Maybe it was just some network glitch or something second time in. I’ll try again in a bit.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 18:40
Ok working - but preview does not show my maximum spaces even though I have it showing the edited ticket with 10/5 (added spaces only as directions stated) and 5 spaces for event. It just shows min spaces of 4 and max of 0 in preview.'

Ugh never mind saving draft fixed it. You have to save draft to get preview to see that part evidently. (sigh)

And if you pick a time slot like slot 3 you get date errors because it falls on midnight I suppose? Setting time to 23:55 instead as setting two different days (which it's not in my timezone) makes me nervous.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 18:55
And if you pick a time slot like slot 3 you get date errors because it falls on midnight I suppose? Setting time to 23:55 instead as setting two different days (which it's not in my timezone) makes me nervous.
Those timeslots are recommendations used for PFS and ALO organized play. You don't need to use them if you're not running an organized play event.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 18:56
Those timeslots are recommendations used for PFS and ALO organized play. You don't need to use them if you're not running an organized play event.

So I can pick any slot I want?

Will change it then!

Ok non dinner time spanning time set - thanks for tip Trenloe.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 18:58
So I can pick any slot I want?

Will change it then!
See bullet point 3 in the first post: "Run each session in a designated time slot - the length and start time is up to you."

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 19:01
See bullet point 3 in the first post: "Run each session in a designated time slot - the length and start time is up to you."

Yeah but I read the define these slots so people could move between games so figured that was kind of an indirect command. Changed to better time for me so done as far as I know.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 19:05
Moved these posts to a different thread to keep the main announcement thread clear of things like this.

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 19:06
Moved these posts to a different thread to keep the main announcement thread clear of things like this.

Perfect! [Replying so I'm subscribed to it]

Ah I see you made it mine so no need to reply. Ah well.

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 19:10
Changed to better time for me so done as far as I know.
Thanks for submitting an event.

Note that if you edit you event in any way it will go back to requiring a review and will disappear from the event list - so keep this in mind if making changes, especially closer to the convention date; players can panic if a sessions they've signed up for "disappears".

SilentRuin
February 25th, 2021, 19:15
Thanks for submitting an event.

Note that if you edit you event in any way it will go back to requiring a review and will disappear from the event list - so keep this in mind if making changes, especially closer to the convention date; players can panic if a sessions they've signed up for "disappears".

I probably need to read now that the website is up - but as a quick question - how are games usually set up? I typically do LAN games and use a discord server - do we create our own or is there some discord server we are required to use? And how is that information shared with the players?

Trenloe
February 25th, 2021, 19:20
I probably need to read now that the website is up - but as a quick question - how are games usually set up? I typically do LAN games and use a discord server - do we create our own or is there some discord server we are required to use? And how is that information shared with the players?
GMs are required to communicate with their players for pre-event confirmation and coordination - we'll provide standard templates closer to the event.

Use the FG Con designated Discord server for in-session communications - this is the Standard Fantasy Grounds Discord - voice channels specific to the convention will be setup closer to the time.

SilentRuin
March 10th, 2021, 21:15
How does signup of players actually work? Is it first come first server they simply fill up the slots and your done? What is the typical process that a host goes through to setup a game when signups start?

Trenloe
March 11th, 2021, 08:31
How does signup of players actually work? Is it first come first server they simply fill up the slots and your done? What is the typical process that a host goes through to setup a game when signups start?
When player event signup open (12:00pm GMT, Friday March 19th) players can sign up on a first come first served basis. Any sign-ups will go into a "Pending" state and the GM will get an email saying someone has signed up for their event. The GM goes into the event bookings on the FG Con website and accepts the player bookings.

Once a few players have registered we suggest that the GM sends an email to all the players with further details about what's required to join the session at FG Con - we'll provide a template for that email in a couple of weeks. Communication between the GM and the registered players is via direct email. The player emails are listed in the email to the GM when the booking is first made and are also available in the event bookings screen. General Q&A for the event can be handled via the comments section of the event.