PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset status list?

mearrin69
June 25th, 2007, 12:36
Is someone, somewhere maintaining a list of rulesets under development and their status? I'd love to be able to check on the status of D20 Modern, D20 Star Wars, and GURPS. Thanks for any links!

I upgraded (i.e. downloaded) to FGII when it was released but haven't had a chance to play with it for more than a couple of minutes. I had only really gotten around to building up Forgotten Forge in FGI for that matter so my experience with using/modifying it is minimal. Unfortunately/fortunately for me I'm off of my feet for the next few weeks with an illness so it looks like I might spend my time learning how to tweak around with the software myself - instead of begging rulesets off of my betters :)
M

Edit: Some good docs would help, of course...wink, wink... ;) BTW, I have seen the docs linked above but I need something somewhere between "FGII Coding for Dummies" and "FGII Code Complete". Not a complete n00b but I'm no hardcore developer either.

Malovech
June 25th, 2007, 15:01
Is someone, somewhere maintaining a list of rulesets under development and their status? I'd love to be able to check on the status of D20 Modern, D20 Star Wars, and GURPS. Thanks for any links!

I upgraded (i.e. downloaded) to FGII when it was released but haven't had a chance to play with it for more than a couple of minutes. I had only really gotten around to building up Forgotten Forge in FGI for that matter so my experience with using/modifying it is minimal. Unfortunately/fortunately for me I'm off of my feet for the next few weeks with an illness so it looks like I might spend my time learning how to tweak around with the software myself - instead of begging rulesets off of my betters :)
M

Edit: Some good docs would help, of course...wink, wink... ;) BTW, I have seen the docs linked above but I need something somewhere between "FGII Coding for Dummies" and "FGII Code Complete". Not a complete n00b but I'm no hardcore developer either.

Your best bet right now is to look in the Library for reference information and search the hell out of this forum. That's how I've learned a ton. You can also just try breaking the d20 ruleset (copying it as a custom ruleset into a separate folder of course) to see how things work.

In terms of a document or list of rulesets currently in progress or finished, I think you would be hard pressed to find such a thing. Too many people are worried about drawing the wrath of SmiteWorks or the various copyright holders to advertise so boldly.

Oberoten
June 25th, 2007, 15:35
Rulesets Status 1.5 Status 2.0 Status
StarWars D6 Charsheet, Not finished Not begun yet
ArsMagica Fantasy Charsheet, 80% Done Deeply frustrated
ArsMagica Modern Same as Fantasy, Diff graphics Stuck.
ArsMagica X-Com Base-system is working,
rendering new graphics.

mearrin69
June 25th, 2007, 18:54
Thanks for the replies. I've read through the docs pretty thoroughly now and understand some of it. Going to start messing around with a copy of D20 to see what I can come up - guess I'll play with D20 Modern first since it's so similar.

Question though, why would Smiteworks care if someone created a ruleset for a particular game? I thought it was encouraged.

I understand that many game companies are cagey about it (SJG on GURPS for instance) though. SJG, BTW, just wants to check out what you do and approve it before distribution. I understand they can be slow about such things though...and may require it to be distributed through their site...but I do know that they've made player-created game aids available in the past.
M

joshuha
June 25th, 2007, 19:18
Correct but the issue becomes the extent of what players do. As most people have said a Character Sheet only ruleset is most likely fine with most publishers and most likely aren't going to cause cease and desist orders.

However, a ruleset where all the rules are present where you don't even need to purchase all the books is probably going to get you in trouble.

The grey area becomes then what you can include and thats where permission from copyright holders is needed. Can I include a few combat tables for easy reference? What about NPC stats? Etc.

mearrin69
June 25th, 2007, 19:27
Ah, yes, completely correct. I wasn't thinking of ruleset as being a complete rules reference, rather just the tools you need to play a particular system using FG II. I see what you mean though - and I wouldn't even want that in any case.
M

Valarian
June 26th, 2007, 08:48
Star Wars d6

Character sheet
Theme (CyJack Generic Modern)
basic rules module (incomplete)

Traveller T20

Character sheet
Personalities

Babylon 5 RPG (2nd Edition; Mongoose Publishing)

Character sheet
Personalities
Combat Tracker

Conspiracy X (Unisystem; Eden Studios)

Character Sheet
Combat Tracker
Personalities
Items
Theme (CyJack Generic Modern, w. desktop for Conspiracy X and WitchCraft)
basic rules module for Conspiracy X (incomplete)
basic rules module for WitchCraft

mr_h
June 26th, 2007, 14:14
Top Secret SI - not started
I still haven't figured out how to build a dang character sheet.

Star Frontiers - see above.

Malovech
June 26th, 2007, 14:22
Hmm guess, I was wrong!

True20 FG2 - Character sheet, combat tracker (slight bug), NPCs, functional data files (but need more data)

Conan the RPG FG1 - Character sheet, NPCs/monsters, Spells, basic rules, feats, skills, etc...

Malovech
June 26th, 2007, 14:24
Traveller T20
FG2: Character sheet, NPCs, theme, started basic rules module

Valarian do you have a functioning damage track on your combat tracker? My only issue is with adding a new icon, if you've done this already I'd like to pick your brain or see your code. Please PM me.

mearrin69
June 26th, 2007, 15:37
Well, maybe this is becoming the list :) Thanks for all of the info guys.
M

TarynWinterblade
June 27th, 2007, 05:30
d20 Modern - FG2 Style:
On a semi-hiatus for the moment as other priorities (like sleep) are taking up my free time. Hopefully done "soon" (as in: sometime between a month or so and the end of the year. :cry: )

I still need to visit the WoTC site and see what's considered SRD for d20 Modern to see what can and can't be distributed. *sigh*

Foen
June 27th, 2007, 06:34
Call of Cthulhu

1.05 Charsheet, Combat Tracker and NPCs all finished, some reference content in place, graphics finished. Ruleset in live use.

Stuart
(Foen)

sloejack
July 15th, 2007, 00:25
Might as well toss my own entry into this:

Shadowrun 4th Ed: Started - Tabled till after GenCon 2007 due to other project commitments

demonsbane
July 17th, 2007, 21:15
I wasn't thinking of ruleset as being a complete rules reference, rather just the tools you need to play a particular system using FG II.
M

Of course. That would be fine.

Insanity
July 17th, 2007, 23:19
Battlelords of the 23rd Century
https://www.ssdc.com/games/battlelords.html

Had started to make progress with the ruleset, then 2.0f was released. Stopped any work on that ruleset.

Have completed a character sheet that I am currently statisfied with, still working on creating the databases to reference the rules, quite a lot of typing, and not so much free time.

Update 9/10/07
BL23C Ruleset for FGII is making good progress, determined how to create custom databases and lists, with help from people on the boards.

Xuub
August 24th, 2007, 13:11
Does anyone have a GURPS ruleset for FGII ?

Oberoten
August 24th, 2007, 13:22
Part --- Progress
Graphics 2 / 10
Automation 2 / 10
Desktop/Chat 6 / 10
Fonts. 8 /10

Ram Tyr
August 24th, 2007, 14:07
*cheers Oberoten on!*

Oberoten
August 24th, 2007, 14:27
*cheers Oberoten on!*

Well, the cheering comes in most handy. I am a tad unmotivated ATM ;) But finally working ahead again. ;)

- Obe

chiefarchon
August 24th, 2007, 23:07
Any chance of a Mutants and Masterminds one pleeeeze :)

Oberoten
August 24th, 2007, 23:23
*cheers Oberoten on!*

Wyhaddya know... The cheering helped *grins*
Finished auto-tallying of XP total and Xp used today and did a few new renders for alternative looks. All good. 'fanks for inspiration.

Ram Tyr
August 25th, 2007, 00:12
*cheers fervently and encourages the masses to chant in unison!*
O-Ber-O-Ten!
Clap; clap; clap, clap, clap.
O-Ber-O-Ten!
Clap; clap; clap, clap, clap.

(Think stadium chanting. Possibly replace clapping with footstomping in bleachers.)

Later.

Rienen
August 27th, 2007, 13:42
Iron Kingdoms: Started - However, I have owned the software for less than 2 weeks, so it'll be a while.

Dangerous Journey's Mythus: Heh... someday.... someday...

fuleng
August 27th, 2007, 22:10
Legend of 5 Rings

Charcater sheet is more or less finished

NPC sheet started

overall graphics need some more love

I also wait for a OK from AEG, so i am able to release the charcater sheet

FuLeng

mattllow
August 30th, 2007, 01:13
Please, oh please, will someone make a Mutants & Masterminds charsheet?

Malovech
August 30th, 2007, 03:11
Please, oh please, will someone make a Mutants & Masterminds charsheet?

Honestly if I had the time I would. I did True20 and its not to far off from M&M. Alas, work, girlfriend, food and sleep all get in the way of that.

Foen
August 30th, 2007, 06:19
I am aware of an M&M ruleset in the making. One of the members of Legends guild (https://www.legendsguild.co.uk) is starting one, but I think it will be a little while yet (work has only just started).

Stuart
(Foen)

Mainframemouse
August 30th, 2007, 10:36
Reporting Status of my SLA Industries Mod.

Theme: 20%
Changed background. Need to do icons and alter lighting options

Character Sheet: 50%
Stats, Skills and combat areas done. Basic usability. Want to make it look better and add automation.

GM Interface (NPCs, Story, etc): 0%
Still using base D20 forms and windows.

Played my First SLA game via FGII last week and was very happy how it went.

I'll Update this post as i improve the Mod.

GoOrange
August 30th, 2007, 13:09
Star Wars Saga Edition

Theme: 5%
-Background frame completed.

Character Sheet: 60%
-Updated main page and combat sheet to handle new saves and damage threshold. Got skills working properly.
-Still need to adjust layout, add section for force powers, and update weapon box.

GM Interface: 0%
-Standard d20 interface works fine for the most part, (will change the frames, but that's covered under theme).
-Will need to tweak the combat tracker at some point.

Perren
August 30th, 2007, 13:30
It's nice to see what is out there being worked on.

Oberoten
September 12th, 2007, 09:27
... Finally managed to wrap my head around the whole tabbing code... There are still things that I don't understand WHY they do as they do, but at the least it DOES now.

Mainpage :
Complete re-design more in style with the old character-sheet from FG1.
Added possibility to put in multilines for Specializations.
About 80% Done
Combatpage :
Complete rework from earlier version, includes tallying of damage, penetration from weapons as well as toughness and soak from armour. Now working on alernative images for the player character (generic male/female only at the moment) ... 30% Done Optimistically.
Magic :
All techniques and forms are present, auto-tallying in the works. (URK urk urk... SO much job there.)
No idea yet how to do the whole spellsheet thing though...
Notes :
... at the least THIS one was easy. 95% Done (Gonna enlarge the fields a bit. Nothing to see here, move along. :) )

Wild-Die :
This one keeps stumping me. *bangs head on desk* 0% Comprahended, 0% Done.

Laboratory :
The spell laboratory will let players design their own spells on the fly with a bit of aquracy if they know the rules allready. 25% Done

PC tracking
... Design problems. Meh. 40% Done.

Monster tracking
See PC...

When did this grow into so much Job????

Ram Tyr
September 12th, 2007, 13:39
When did this grow into so much Job????
I obviously have not been cheering enough...

*cheers Oberoten on!*

:)

Later.

GoOrange
September 16th, 2007, 19:30
I've received a few PMs about my Star Wars ruleset and was inspired to do a little more work on it.

The character sheet, NPC sheet, and combat tracker have been finished. It seems functional at this point, but rather ugly. I didn't do a lot along the lines of re-drawing the various frames and re-organizing things, mostly just sticking in new entries where they were needed and deleting or renaming the older ones.

The next big hurdle is to re-skin the interface so that it looks appropriate for a Star Wars game, without using any copyrighted images. Surprisingly the graphics part is just as time consuming as the programming.

Hopefully before long I'll have something that's not completely horrid to look at and then I can start testing it out with other users.

Foen
September 16th, 2007, 19:58
Hehe - I am finding the graphics bit is many times more consuming than the programming. I wonder if there is a graphics person out there who would swap hours with me?

Cheers

Stuart

sloejack
September 16th, 2007, 21:52
Hehe - I am finding the graphics bit is many times more consuming than the programming. I wonder if there is a graphics person out there who would swap hours with me?

Cheers

Stuart

I'd rather do graphics than coding any day. :) Want to code my super nifty dice rolling widget for me? ;)

Irian
September 16th, 2007, 21:54
Personally, I also prefer coding to doing graphics - as I absolutely don't have any talent for design, just for coding *g* Unfortunatly I'm a little busy with paid work at the moment, otherwise I would jump immediatly at the opportunity to get the SR4 ruleset more quickly :-)

GoOrange
September 20th, 2007, 15:25
https://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6789/blankscreengl2.th.png (https://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=blankscreengl2.png)
https://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9499/swcharscreenql5.th.png (https://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swcharscreenql5.png)
https://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8421/swscreen1sa4.th.png (https://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=swscreen1sa4.png)

Things are coming along nicely thanks to some last minute programming help from Foen. I'm fairly pleased with the way the graphics are looking. The various frames on the character sheet could be laid out a little better, but they're functional and that's good enough for now.

GoOrange
September 30th, 2007, 16:02
I think the Star Wars ruleset is done at this point (crosses fingers, knocks on wood etc.). I've passed it out to a beta tester to play with a bit and see if there were any bugs I may have missed. Hopefully if all goes well I'll have it up for public download very soon.

VgnFrnd
September 30th, 2007, 16:10
This looks awesome! I can hardly wait to see it!

GoOrange
October 2nd, 2007, 02:02
Now that Star Wars is done, next up...

Shadowrun!

Unless there's already an SR4 ruleset out there. Hmm. Perhaps I should hit up the search function before I put too much more time into it.

mcgarnagle
October 2nd, 2007, 05:35
I have two rulesets. They're probably not the type in high demand, but when I finish them, I'll make them available.

Marvel Super Heroes

Character sheet -- 90%
Reskin -- 75%
Personalities page -- 0%
Combat Tracker -- 0%

Earthdawn

Character sheet -- 50%
Reskin -- 25%
Personalities page -- 0%
Combat Tracker -- 0%

The Combat Tracker scares me and the personality page is something that is going to take a while for me to grasp, as far as coding. I'm thinking the personalities page will be easy once I figure out how to get it to all work. properly.

Raij
October 4th, 2007, 15:51
Hi, I'm a new FG user looking into using it specifically for Shadowrun. Is there really an effort to create a Shadowrun 4th ed rulset underway?

sloejack
October 4th, 2007, 20:32
Yes, an unfortunetly slow one. I've reached out to GoOrange to see if they would be interested in combining efforts.

Raij
October 4th, 2007, 21:30
That is good news indeed :D This seems like such a great program, I'd love to be able to use it for my favorite game. I wish there was something I could do to help.

GoOrange
October 8th, 2007, 16:21
Yeah I started working on the charactersheet, although the amount of time I spend on the project is very spotty. I sent sloejack an email last week so there may be some collaboration going on in the future.

talking_fish
October 17th, 2007, 18:39
Hi,

I was thinking of having a go at creating my own character sheet for Mongoose's Runequest. I haven't been able to find any reference to people creating on at the moment, but I just want to check first :D .

I've had a look at the open game license stuff with the rules on mongooses website as well as those on Wizards, but I'm no lawyer, so not sure about any legal issues :confused: . I'm just planning on the character sheet, so hopefully there are none. Just as long as I give a link to the OGL and the rules that is ok, from what I understand, and not include anything that is not packed with the OGL doc from mongoose.

I might send an email off to Mongoose, but though I might check here first to see whether any one else had already started on it.

Cheers

Talking_fish

Flynn
October 18th, 2007, 15:03
Has the generic character sheet been updated to FG2?

Thanks In Advance,
Flynn

Griogre
October 18th, 2007, 20:04
Yes it has: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6314&highlight=Generic+Character+sheet

Oberoten
November 1st, 2007, 08:08
Arm Ruleset 1 ... Scrapped.

Arm Ruleset 2 -- So named due to lack of backwards compatibility.

I have restarted the code for the Arm Ruleset from scratch. Adding in among other things more flexible functions for the skills. (they are now in a windowlist instead of the rather more inflexible fixed version.)

I am currently re-working the icons as well... trying to get a more medieval feel to it. (We shall see how well THAT works out though...)

Exchanged the background pictures etc to a much smaller foot-stamp (trying to optimize loading-speed really).

StarTrek

Just started on this one, have some ideas and a few basic graphics.

DoD Expert

Old Swedish favourite really. Working on this one for Upplifun. Waiting for a few answers from him for now though. Started porting the old 1.5 code over to 2.0 instead. It'll be some time before it works the way I want it to.

Ultyme
November 6th, 2007, 19:15
Hello all,

I was (a long time ago) a GM on Shadowrun 2 with a group of player / friends. I would love playing SR4, but my friends and I are in different cities ... so you could imagine how interested I am in Fantasy grounds.

But ...

Reading the first pages and posts about FG, I am not sure if:
- it is possible to play on SR4 thanks to FG (without a dedicated ruleset),
- a dedicated ruleset will be released on SR4,
- it is possible for me (coding basics) to create quite easily my own ruleset.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Oberoten
November 6th, 2007, 20:40
Easiest would be seeking out the generic charsheet that Toadwart made. It is pretty much a blank sheet of paper with places to put stats and skills in.

Griogre
November 6th, 2007, 21:21
The generic character sheet would be a good option to get you playing Shadowrun right away. If everyone already knows the rules and has the books then you don't need the info modules. FG at its lowest level gives you the table top which allows each other to see dice rolls, a drawable battlemap, battlemap tokens moveable by all, and a way to communicate.

If everyone already knows the rules, then FG would allow them to play. Download the demo and mess around with it and check out how the dice, battlemap tokens and pointers work. Note the demo is based on FG1 but thoes basics did not change in FG2. There is a generic charactersheet for both versions.

In answer to your specific questions:
1) Yes, and the generic character would make it even easier because it would strip out the un-need d20 items.

2) I don't know but it would have to be a licenced product. So at best its not likely to happen anytime soon.

3) Yes and No. In FG2 a ruleset is the character sheet and it is fairly complicated to do major changes or build one from the bottom up. This is why Oberoten and I both recommend you use the Generic Ruleset to start.

However, if you wish to add module data to FG2 or Game Referance information that is pretty easy to do - it's just typing in the data in a certain way, mostly.

If you have other questions, ask.

nezzir
November 7th, 2007, 05:31
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay II complete (since about 2 months after FGII release).

Oberoten
November 7th, 2007, 08:39
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay II complete (since about 2 months after FGII release).

And it is DAMN impressive. Hmmm... Would you mind much if I'd make a Warhammer 1.0 conversion on the same bones?

nezzir
November 7th, 2007, 20:25
And it is DAMN impressive. Hmmm... Would you mind much if I'd make a Warhammer 1.0 conversion on the same bones?

Sure, I'd love to see a WFRP 1 system for FG II.

I also did the WFRP 2 ruleset for FG I (also available on the Azurea site). The look and feel of it might be more to your liking. You're welcome to use elements of both rulesets if you like.

There are screenshots of both rulesets in the Gallery section.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6319

Oberoten
November 7th, 2007, 23:16
Quite nifty. :)

I shall see what I can do and what I have time for. :)

-Obe

nezzir
November 12th, 2007, 05:35
Has anyone started a d10 ruleset like World of Darkness, Vampire, Werewolf, etc.? I've had an urge to run Rage across Appalachia again...

Oberoten
November 13th, 2007, 10:00
Has anyone started a d10 ruleset like World of Darkness, Vampire, Werewolf, etc.? I've had an urge to run Rage across Appalachia again...

I do believe there was an Exalted set out there for the Beta...

water_prophet
January 21st, 2008, 20:19

I am VERY MUCH interested in this as well. I don't care about any of the FG2 mechanics to be part of it EXCEPT for the dice rolling. I need the functionality of the rule set to be able to count "successes" instead of simply summing the numbers on the dice.

Is there anything out there that does this? Please do tell!

water_prophet
January 21st, 2008, 20:20
I do believe there was an Exalted set out there for the Beta...

Can you link please?

Oberoten
January 21st, 2008, 23:38
Alas, the Beta forums have been closed...

Not so sure how to make anything useful out of the code that I have here. I'll see if I can find anything useful in it, ok?

Oberoten
January 22nd, 2008, 00:01
Hmmm... I have found the ruleset stored away. If I get an okay from whomever wrote it... Joshua? Was that you? I can post the relevant snippet of code?

joshuha
January 22nd, 2008, 00:34
The dice code or the whole ruleset? I believe I may have helped with the dice code and thats fine to repost.

Oberoten
January 22nd, 2008, 01:11
Very well... While waiting for whomever did the set? ... Hmm? Toadwart then maybe?

in "scripts/chat_chat.lua"

function onDiceLanded(draginfo)
if draginfo.isType("dice") then
for i = 1, draginfo.getSlotCount() do
draginfo.setSlot(i);
dicelist = draginfo.getDieList();

local entry = {};
entry.font = "systemfont";
entry.icon = "indicator_casterprep";

if dicelist then
local dicecount=table.maxn(dicelist);
local successes=0;
local failures=0;

for c = 1, dicecount do
if dicelist[c].result==10 then
successes=successes+2;
elseif dicelist[c].result>=7 then
successes=successes+1;
elseif dicelist[c].result==1 then
failures=failures+1;
end
end

if failures == dicecount then
entry.text = "Success count: Fumble";
else
entry.text = "Success count: ";
entry.dice = {"d0"};
entry.diemodifier = successes;
end

if User.isHost() then
entry.sender = GmIdentityManager.getCurrent();
else
entry.sender = User.getIdentityLabel();
end
else
entry.text = "No dice left roll.";
end

deliverMessage(entry);

end
end

end

water_prophet
January 22nd, 2008, 16:00
That's awesome. I'll see if I can figure it out.

So...what exactly do I do with this script? I'm not familiar with the way FG2 works. I assume I copy and paste the code somewhere. Do I need to name it as a specific kind of file?

water_prophet
January 22nd, 2008, 18:54
What does this particular line of code do?
Also, it's been a long time since I've coded in C, but doesn't == mean that you are defining the value of one variable to be the same as the other? I didn't know you could do a comparison function (if) with ==.

if dicelist then
local dicecount=table.maxn(dicelist);
local successes=0;
local failures=0;

for c = 1, dicecount do
if dicelist[c].result==10 then
successes=successes+2;
elseif dicelist[c].result>=7 then
successes=successes+1;
elseif dicelist[c].result==1 then
failures=failures+1;
end
end

if failures == dicecount then
entry.text = "Success count: Fumble";
else
entry.text = "Success count: ";
entry.dice = {"d0"};
entry.diemodifier = successes;
end

if User.isHost() then
entry.sender = GmIdentityManager.getCurrent();
else
entry.sender = User.getIdentityLabel();
end
else
entry.text = "No dice left roll.";

joshuha
January 22nd, 2008, 19:50
In LUA == is the comparison operatior and = is the assignment operator.

I am reposting this from the other thread where I responded about the logic:

------------------------------------------

Its not too bad with just a little bit of LUA coding but essentiallylogic wise it would be like this:

Create a custom ruleset.
In the scripts folders is a file called chat_chat.lua
In there is a function called onDiceLanded() that triggers when dice hit the chat screen.
In there you would check to see if the drainfo type is "dice".
Put the results into a table by using the getDieList() function.
Loop through the table and find any number higher than your target number.
Count the success and output a message with the total number of successes.

Foen
January 22nd, 2008, 22:02
Broadly speaking, the pseudo code would be:

for each dice-roll entry in the dice-list array
if the result of that dice-roll is a '10'
add '2' to the number of successes
if the result is between '7' and '9'
add '1' to the number of successes
if the result is between '2' and '6'
ignore it
if the result is a '1'
add '1' to the number of failures

Appologies if I have taken your question too literally and this is self-evident!

Stuart

Ghoti
January 24th, 2008, 08:20
Broadly speaking, the pseudo code would be:

(see above)

Appologies if I have taken your question too literally and this is self-evident!

Stuart

Forgive me as I'm extremely new at this, but I would love to help with cobbling together something for Exalted, which uses a slightly different mechanic with rolling tens. Would it be possible to do something like..

for each dice-roll entry in the dice-list array
if the result of that dice-roll is a '10'
add '1' to the number of successes and roll one more die into the pool
if the result is between '6' and '9'
add '1' to the number of successes
if the result is between '2' and '5'
ignore it
if the result is a '1'
subtract '1' from the number of successes

In other words, tens in Exaltedland are exploding dice.. Is this doable?

Foen
January 25th, 2008, 06:14
It is quite doable, and has been discussed a couple of times before. Take a peek at this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7259) which also has a cross-reference to a previous thread.

I think you can even get the graphical die-roll to happen multiple times.

Cheers

Stuart

Ghoti
January 25th, 2008, 08:33
It is quite doable, and has been discussed a couple of times before. Take a peek at this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7259) which also has a cross-reference to a previous thread.

I think you can even get the graphical die-roll to happen multiple times.

Cheers

Stuart
You, sir, rock. And that is a technical term.

zambol
February 20th, 2008, 11:00
I made basic Exalted ruleset at Beta stage.

It has:
-Charactersheet
-NPC Sheet
-Combat Tracker
-Modified Dice Box, for rolling multiple d10s.
-Some kind of success counting. (not very nice/refined, but counting)

I repaired it to work with FG2.1.0 and its available at:
https://www.saunalahti.fi/~lappasa/rpg/Exalted.zip (8804k)

NineShadowEyes
February 20th, 2008, 19:58
I made basic Exalted ruleset at Beta stage.

OMG, you so rock!

Oberoten
February 20th, 2008, 20:07
Graphics : Reworking the basic icons.
Charsheet : 80% Done. Playable as is. But need to add more combat functions. Spells, Arts and skills all autoadd xp-cost as is. Cost / step is settable to the ruleset can support both earlier and current version of ArsMagica.

Mods : Looking at these curently and I am thinking to use the free net-spells for content. Will also add the houserules here so people know what to ignore.
Dice : Working thanks to Foen and Joshua.

Functionality that I want but haven't gotten through working on yet...
* Doubleclick a number, ANY number and you get the results send to modifier box.
* Wizards lab, for creating spells on the fly. Arm makes this rather simple.
* Armslab, for creating and saving weapons and items on the fly.

Functionality that was there but has been ripped out...

* Combat tracker... this one poses a slight problem really. We use a house-ruled system for initiative based on half-seconds... I am still pondering wether to base the CT on this or on the official Arm System. Stay tuned for that one.

sloejack
March 2nd, 2008, 20:27
It's been awhile since my last update and while life has kept me away longer than I'd like, I have been making progress. I've creaed some screen shots of the ruleset thus far. They can be seen at the following links

ScreenShot1 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0001.png)
ScreenShot2 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0002.png)
ScreenShot3 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0003.png)
ScreenShot4 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0004.png)
ScreenShot5 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0005.png)
ScreenShot6 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0006.png)
ScreenShot7 (https://www.sloetimes.com/misc/screenshot0007.png)

There's still some work to be done yet and I've gotten some offers to help spruce it up even more so at the earliest it's probably about 3 weeks away. Thanks for your patience, hope to see y'all in the shadows soon.

Hoogie
March 2nd, 2008, 23:47
There is a guy in the Gallery Forums who has a really nice Marvel F.A.S.E.R.I.P classic RPG going. He needs help with the combat tracker and a few other things. Any takers? Would be a shame to see all that work go unused. Maybe if he open sources what he already has and some people can tweak it, kinda like Linux? :)

Madeo
March 13th, 2008, 11:48
Hey jack your photos look impressive. How is the sr4 rule set coming along?

sloejack
March 13th, 2008, 16:27
Hey jack your photos look impressive. How is the sr4 rule set coming along?
It's coming along, not as quickly as I would like but it is getting there. Trust me, I'm as anxious if not more so to get it done since it will be my only outlet for actually getting to play Shadowrun. :) More news when I have it.

Madeo
March 14th, 2008, 15:40
always good to have an outlit. NOw is there a chance someone actually did the full rule set for star wars revised? I would be in business. lol

Foen
April 18th, 2008, 05:51
I'm working on a RuneQuest port, which is also being developed as a ruleset tutorial. The Palentir (www.thepalentir.com) is hosting the tutorial chapters as they are published, as is the Legends Guild (www.legendsguild.co.uk) magazine.

Stuart

zambol
April 18th, 2008, 21:21
I made slightly modified cp2020 Charactersheet set.

i dont use Appearance as a stat, so its missing.
feel free to add it if you need.

It has:
-Charactersheet
-NPC Sheet
-Combat Tracker
-additional exploding dice dx10.
-d20 default graphics.

Made with FG2.1.0 and its available at:
https://www.saunalahti.fi/~lappasa/rpg/CP2020ZMods.zip (https://www.saunalahti.fi/%7Elappasa/rpg/CP2020ZMods.zip) (9238k)

Ghoti
May 24th, 2008, 21:37
There was some mention waaay back on the first page about some work being done of a Traveler or T20 ruleset.. any progress on this in obtainable form?

Valarian
May 25th, 2008, 12:49
I've done a T20 character sheet ruleset. The character and NPC sheet have been modified from the default d20.

Spyke
August 5th, 2008, 16:57
GURPS

I'm working on a character sheet-only ruleset for GURPS 4e for FG2. This will have no rules automation or rule text in accordance with the Steve Jackson Games online policy.

The ruleset contains:

PC character sheet
NPC character sheet (with a similar block to that used in Dungeon Fantasy)
Items (quite basic at present; i.e. text-based, not as GURPS stats)
Combat tracker (PC & NPC stats are copied across, but with no rules automation)
Default graphics from d20 ruleset (permission kindly granted by SmiteWorks)

Story pages and Images are handled as per the default d20 ruleset.

The ruleset is already playable, and has been used by myself and several others to host sessions, but I'm still tweaking the basics, so there's a risk of previously-entered material getting corrupted (but nothing a little search and replace in the xml couldn't fix).

I'm hoping to release a stable beta within the next few weeks. If you want to know more please PM me, either here, or ideally over at fouruglymonsters.com (https://fouruglymonsters.com), where I'm hosting the development.

Spyke

Spyke
September 3rd, 2008, 14:53
I've now released a stable beta of a ruleset for GURPS 4e for FG 2.

You can view screenshots (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&id=2638&catid=28&limitstart=0) and discussions in the GURPS group over at Four Ugly Monsters.

I've also developed an export filter for GURPS Character Assistant to allow you to import your characters into Fantasy Grounds.

You can download the files from www.spyke.me. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Spyke

nezzir
September 3rd, 2008, 23:27
Update (for completeness):

WFRP2 for FG1: Complete
WFRP2 for FG2: Complete
Dark Heresy for FG2: Complete (no databases, but none planned)

demonsbane
September 5th, 2008, 15:43
I've now released a stable beta of a ruleset for GURPS 4e for FG 2.

(...) You can download the files from www.grahambrand.co.uk. Feedback would be much appreciated.

At last, a GURPS 4º ed ruleset for Fantasy Grounds II !!!

Your work is very much appreciated, Spyke.

Cheers

Oberoten
September 15th, 2008, 10:47
Ars Magica is uppdated to work with extensions, thank you for the changelog Foen, it made it so much easier. Writing the first extension, a covenant handler during the day.

Spyke
October 8th, 2008, 13:30
I've uploaded a new version (0.91) of the GURPS 4e ruleset to www.spyke.me. These are relatively minor changes, but they do bring the ruleset into line with the recent updates to Fantasy Grounds itself.

Oberoten
October 8th, 2008, 13:58
Ars Magica :

* Autocompleting Skillnames on the skill-list.
* Accepts extensions.
* Removed functions that caused C-stack overflow.

cant
October 8th, 2008, 22:09
hi.i really want to play a unisystem game in fg.how and where ı can get rulesets and such.thanks

Spyke
October 8th, 2008, 22:20
hi.i really want to play a unisystem game in fg.how and where ý can get rulesets and such.thanks
Yes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8225.

Blue Haven
October 10th, 2008, 18:37
Yes: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8225.

But where is the ruleset???

Spyke
October 10th, 2008, 18:41
But where is the ruleset???Ah. Sorry all. My bad. For some reason I thought Valarian had released the ruleset.

Spyke

Valarian
October 10th, 2008, 20:30
I have completed the Unisystem ruleset. I can let people have a copy of the basic ruleset, but obviously not the rules modules. PM me with an email address to send it to ... one that accepts around 7.5Mb.

Spyke
October 21st, 2008, 23:33
I've uploaded a new version (0.92) of the GURPS 4e ruleset to www.spyke.me to take advantage of the functionality in today's update to FG2.

Spyke

demonsbane
October 22nd, 2008, 00:12
I've uploaded a new version (0.92) of the GURPS 4e ruleset to www.spyke.me to take advantage of the functionality in today's update to FG2.

Spyke

Great! Downloading now . . . . .

Oberoten
October 22nd, 2008, 16:52
Ars Magica updated to take advantage of the new FG functionality.

https://oberoten.mine.nu/ext

Spyke
October 22nd, 2008, 23:40
I'd introduced a small bug in v0.92 of the GURPS 4e ruleset (some text disappeared on the character sheet), so there's an updated version 0.93 at www.spyke.me which also fixes the last of the combat tracker warning message bugs. This now comes with a Windows Installer and creates a PAK file, rather than needing all the individual files to be copied to a ruleset folder, which should make installation easier and reduce download times when players connect.

Spyke

Oberoten
November 11th, 2008, 08:32
Ars Magica ruleset updated to 0.833

This includes reworking the combat tracker and some new graphics.

coffeedragon
November 18th, 2008, 12:37
Has anyone done a D&D 2nd edition ruleset available for download/purchase etc?

Foen
November 18th, 2008, 13:04
Welcome to the forums coffeedragon, I hope you find us friendly here!

I think the nearest commercial ruleset is Castles & Crusades, but I'm not overly familiar with those rules. Failing that, there has been talk of a fan-built version but I don't recall if it ever took off.

Foen

Oberoten
December 4th, 2008, 08:09
I have two rulesets. They're probably not the type in high demand, but when I finish them, I'll make them available.

Marvel Super Heroes

Character sheet -- 90%
Reskin -- 75%
Personalities page -- 0%
Combat Tracker -- 0%

Earthdawn

Character sheet -- 50%
Reskin -- 25%
Personalities page -- 0%
Combat Tracker -- 0%

The Combat Tracker scares me and the personality page is something that is going to take a while for me to grasp, as far as coding. I'm thinking the personalities page will be easy once I figure out how to get it to all work. properly.

Mac? Did you ever go public on these rulesets? If so can I have them and host them on my site for easy access?

( I am trying to build a category on the Wiki listing rulesets and who made them. )

- Obe

Oberoten
December 4th, 2008, 08:11
Legend of 5 Rings

NPC sheet started

FuLeng

Did you get that OK from AEG? If so can I host this one too?

Oberoten
January 16th, 2009, 10:49
Ars Magica is now up to version 0.85.
Some work on the combat tracker, adding attackvalues and defencevalues.

Minor work on the charactersheet.

Some work done on the NPC sheets. Moving skills to the same page as the stats since they tend to be used together in Ars Magica.

- Obe

Valarian
January 21st, 2009, 08:36
Star Wars d6

Character sheet

Traveller T20

Character sheet
Personalities

Traveller (MGT; Mongoose Publishing)
currently based on a copy of the Foundation ruleset (need to convert to an extension)

Character sheet

Character sheet
Personalities
Combat Tracker

request for permission to openly distribute with Eden Studios

Character Sheet
Combat Tracker
Personalities
Items

Stuart
January 21st, 2009, 13:25
Rolemaster Classic
Second round of play testing - ChL, AL, SL and C&T to modules is largely complete. Full Character Sheet, Combat Tracker, Automated Table/Die Roll (High and Low end resolution) also largely done. Graphics are very nascent but should not be too long in completion.

Depending on how the next round of play testing goes and the stability of the ruleset, we are hopeful of a release around or before Summer. Fingers crossed.

fuleng
January 21st, 2009, 16:22
Originally Posted by fuleng
Legend of 5 Rings

NPC sheet started

FuLeng

Did you get that OK from AEG? If so can I host this one too?

I had a short email contact with Shawn Carman. He told me he will forward my request to the right persons. Never heard anything. If you want you can use it, host it, modify it.
At the moment PC and NPC sheet are working, simple combattracker and exploding dice. The ruleset is useable, but far from complete. At the moment i dont have the time to finish it and probably wont have it in the near future. Sondermann (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9025&highlight=rings) started a new version, but it looks like it came to an halt also.
FuLeng

Oberoten
February 19th, 2009, 09:20
The Ars Magica Ruleset is now fully operational, but still being tweaked.

Personalities : Skills, Stats, Notes functional. Might need a list of gear or something.

Desktop : Reworked the docking functions a bit just because I could and to save some screen real-estate. ;) (2 rows for docked icons, removed the tokenbox for players)

Adding an inventory page for the charactersheet aside from the notes page which has been used so far.

Added (of all things) a StarWars page to the charactersheet for handling the force and the use of this. I will probably drop in a checkbox on each page in the future to disable those not used.

Adding a filter event to the spellpages and force-pages.

Several modifications in the form of skins, like modern age, cold-war and fallout settings.

- Obe

Fenloh
February 19th, 2009, 10:11
The SR4 Ruleset is also being worked on. Since I have received some Replys I can fix same minor issues and add in some new things.

Fenloh

Spyke
February 19th, 2009, 21:26
I've been working the new features from Foundation into the GURPS ruleset, but I haven't managed to solve the combat tracker issues, so this will have to stay at v0.93 for now, I'm afraid.

Spyke

Culdraug
February 19th, 2009, 21:53
I've been working the new features from Foundation into the GURPS ruleset, but I haven't managed to solve the combat tracker issues, so this will have to stay at v0.93 for now, I'm afraid.

Spyke

Im a little confused. I thought the reason for the foundation ruleset was to build upon it, not integrate it in with existing rulesets. For instance, we would have a super awesome foundation with all kinds of nifty general tweaks like the box etc, and then each different specific system (ie 4e, gurps etc) would be an extension that I could select for it.

Am I wrong here?

ShaneB
February 20th, 2009, 06:03

Spyke

You need a hand with this? PM me if you do.

- Shane

Valarian
February 20th, 2009, 08:28
Im a little confused. I thought the reason for the foundation ruleset was to build upon it, not integrate it in with existing rulesets. For instance, we would have a super awesome foundation with all kinds of nifty general tweaks like the box etc, and then each different specific system (ie 4e, gurps etc) would be an extension that I could select for it.

Am I wrong here?
I think it was meant the other way around. I suspect Spyke may be working on having the GURPs ruleset functionality as a Foundation ruleset extension. I may be wrong here. He may be migrating new functionality the other way (e.g. Combat Tracker groups).

Spyke
February 20th, 2009, 08:36

Am I wrong here?You're right, but GURPS was written as a standalone ruleset, by stripping out the d20-specific material from the original d20 ruleset. The Foundation core has added some nifty new features, like being able to drag PC character sheets to the toolbar, combat groups, and saved encounters. I want to add these to the GURPS ruleset.

So, I'm rewriting the GURPS code to split out the elements that are now covered by the Foundation ruleset. This will allow me to do two things:

1. More easily add any new features that appear in Foundation to the standalone GURPS ruleset.

2. Repackage the GURPS ruleset as an extension to Foundation. I'll only do this, though, once extensions can be loaded in local character mode, otherwise current functionality will be lost.

Spyke

Spyke
February 20th, 2009, 08:39
You need a hand with this? PM me if you do.

- ShaneThanks Shane, but my main issue is with the combat tracker functionality that doesn't currently work with the 3.5E extension on top of Foundation. I think I need to wait and see how SmiteWorks solves that.

Spyke

Culdraug
February 20th, 2009, 14:17
2. Repackage the GURPS ruleset as an extension to Foundation. I'll only do this, though, once extensions can be loaded in local character mode, otherwise current functionality will be lost.
Spyke

Ahhh I see, so the foundation + extension system isn't up to par yet.

Thanks!

Bidmaron
February 21st, 2009, 14:23
Does d20_jpg work with the foundation system?

Griogre
February 22nd, 2009, 06:43
Logically, I suppose you can though I haven't actually tried it. You can easily change campaigns between the d20 & d20_JPG rulesets (which I have done) and you can change between the d20 and foundation rulesets (done that too).

Oberoten
February 26th, 2009, 22:14
Work has commenced on the good old Warhammer Hogshead edition.

- Obe

Blue Haven
February 27th, 2009, 20:08
Praise the great Obe ;)

Valarian
March 27th, 2009, 17:35
Corporation (Brutal Games)
extension for the Foundation ruleset

Character sheet

Traveller (MGT; Mongoose Publishing)
extension for the Foundation ruleset

Character sheet

Character sheet
Personalities
Combat Tracker

request for permission to openly distribute with Eden Studios

Character Sheet
Combat Tracker
Personalities
Items

Star Wars d6

Character sheet

Traveller T20

Character sheet
Personalities

Ikael
March 27th, 2009, 22:30
I finnished my generic Unisystem ruleset (designed especially for Witchcraft/Armageddon/All Flesh Must Be Eaten games) and started to heavily playtest it.

The most significant things about it:
- Damages are handeled as per Cinematic Unisystem rules (I never liked too deadly Unisystem damages by rolling dices).
- Graphics are grayscaled Foundation's graphics with few additional icons
- Character Sheet has seven pages (main, combat, skill & qualities, powers, gear, allies, notes) and it calculates most of numeric fields automatically according to formulas given by the player (secondary attributes etc). On combat page players may write their combat maneuvers by giving formulas how their maneuver bonus and damage is calculated. On Inventory page Chronicler may drag any player's item and drop it to another player's portrait to move that item to chosen player. Character sheet also contains plenty of minisheets (12 total).
- Combat Tracker is redesigned to handle unisystem actions and conditions, such as proned, grappled etc. It also handels character's recovery according to their recovery formula (if character recovers one life point per minute it will reduce character's life point damage by one for every 12th round etc.)
- Lightning tool has six different lightning modes: Morning, Day, Evening, Night, Fire and Woods.
- NPC sheet is redesigned
- Item sheet is redesigned. It can also be used to write ad-hoc powers for players.
- New base module templates
- Ruleset also contains two additional tools for Chroniclers to use: Damage calculator and Campaign date. Damage Calculator is simple graphical calculator that calculates damage (bae damage + success levels - armor value multiplied by damage multiplier). Campaign Date tool may also be used to handle character's recovery automatically (yet again, according to their recovery formulas) by pressing Shift and modifying the time onwards.

Oberoten
April 12th, 2009, 08:12
I have modified the combat tracker to let players have control of troops (useful for mass-combat and pitched battles, it also lets me have a co-GM for those mappy situations)

Added inventory with calculations for encumbrance.

Added a field on the skill-list to determine wether the skill will be rolled with a plain d10, a botch-die, a wild-die or a mastery die.

- Obe

Ikael
April 27th, 2009, 11:47
I created new tabbed minisheet for Character Sheet which looks and functions like the NPC sheet (shown in attachments). Moreoever Chroniclers may now drag any Player Character to Personalities list to make them actually NPCs. This has turned to be very useful especially in situation where Chronicler has to handle one or more PC as NPC.

Other Minisheet's functionality and outlook is updated slightly.

Combat Tracker is also updated to handle multiple action bookkeeping separately for attack and defense actions.

I have also made three skin extensions: Witchcraft, AFMBE and Fantasy aka "original foundation graphics". The base graphics of the ruleset is still the grayscaled foundation graphics.

Spyke
October 1st, 2009, 13:28
GURPS 4e

I've released v0.94 of the GURPS ruleset, which you can download from www.spyke.me.

Hex grid support has been added to take advantage of the changes in FG v2.6.0.

Full list of changes made in v0.94:

Implemented a token field on the PC character sheet, and updated the combat tracker to accept it.
Added link button to PC character sheet selection items to allow dragging character sheets to hotkey bar or combat tracker.
Changed the behaviour of current HP, FP and Shots fields in character sheet, mini sheet and combat tracker. Dragging a number will now subtract from the current figure. This is because you are usually dragging damage (although less so with GURPS as it's rare that the final penetrating damage is shown in the chat window). Hold down Ctrl as you drag to drop a negative number for healing.
Added the ability to drop a number onto the token in the combat tracker. This will be subtracted from the current HPs.
Added a Preference to sort library pages automatically
Fixed: Basic Move now used on combat tracker if Encumbrance not set on character sheet. (If Enc is set but no Move has been entered for that Enc then the tracker will correctly show Move as blank.)
Fixed: bell not ringing on player's turn.
Fixed: broken <softclose> element in adventure_story.xml.
Fixed: GM character selection screen not closing after sheet opened.

Updated ruleset for changes implemented between FG v2.3.0 and v2.6.0:

Added hex grids.
Added close buttons to all windows.
Added a very simple logo for campaign creation screen.
Added ruleset and author details for campaign creation screen.
Added a Preferences window, called from the Preferences button in the top right corner.
Enabled preference: Snap to grid.
Enabled preference: Hex grids (enabled by default for new campaigns).
Enabled preference: Reset modifier stack after die roll or drag.
Enabled preference: Show close button on windows.
Disabled preference: Set GM identity. This has bugs in Foundation. In the GURPS ruleset you can set the GM ID using the chat command /gmid (or simply /gm). This option will not appear in the GURPS preferences window.

Spyke

Zulithe
October 1st, 2009, 22:02
Wow, what an update Spyke! Thanks a lot. :)

demonsbane
October 2nd, 2009, 13:02
Wow, what an update Spyke! Thanks a lot. :)

Indeed! Now we want the Dungeon Theme straightforwardly available for this ruleset ;^)

Oberoten
October 6th, 2009, 11:47
Ars Magica 0.961 has been posted.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Ars_Magica

Enjoy.

It includes hexgrids, tokens on charsheet (thank you Spyke. :) ) and a few other small modifications to make it more compatible with the foundation ruleset.

- Obe

Spyke
May 3rd, 2010, 14:43
GURPS 4e

I've released v0.96 of the GURPS ruleset, which you can download from www.spyke.me. The latest updates add support for pointer scaling on grids, and stat blocks for Vehicles as per the Basic Set and GURPS Spaceships.

Changes made in v0.96:

Added Vehicle and Spaceship tabs to the Items sheet.
Added two new icons: tab_vehicle.png and tab_spaceship.png for the Items sheet tabs.
Fixed: token dropped when duplicating an NPC.

Changes made in v0.95:

Code additions from Brian Ronnle:

Added preferences to set grid units.
Added scaling in chosen units to pointer tools on images.
Put back in the Smiteworks reference data classes for libraries to support the GURPS Combat Cards module.

Spyke