PDA

View Full Version : Theme Building Questions - Control Backgrounds Color How To Change

Amerisun
February 25th, 2021, 04:08
This is my first theme extension, really new at this. I am building a theme I want to use with my game. I have modified quite a few elements, buttons, graphics. I cannot find out how to make this background of this element equal the rest of the elements so it doesn't look so out of place? Can someone point me to the file in 5E rules or CoreRPG or the image I need to adjust? Maybe it's a color in the XML files, just need a direction and then I will figure it out from there, I tried looking around the files and some other extensions and the documentation and it's not easy to connect the dots.

See below white box around the controls I am talking about.

I would guess also it's the background of say the notes window also? Since all the graphics I change don't change that either. If not a direction for changing that would be cool too.

Thanks ahead of time.

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2021, 04:30
The template build up on that field is:
number_charabilityscore
number_abilityscore
basicnumber
simplenumber
number
numberfield

The only template that defines a frame is "basicnumber"; and the frame is defined as fielddark.

Also, make sure you are using PNGs for all your frames; because transparency is a must for them.

Regards,
JPG

Amerisun
February 25th, 2021, 04:58
This gave me some more insight into the XML and how things are put together, also realized I had edited some of those photos quick and dirty still leaving them as PNG but accidentally removing transparency in the process so I can see where they were in the game, and caused the problem unto myself.

Cross referenced your post with this one : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36035-Art-Asset-List-for-5e-Themes and I seem to have all the pieces I need now.

Much appreciated!