PDA

View Full Version : Adding Library Data

The Canterbury Tail
February 24th, 2021, 15:03
So setting up a new game. Long time Traveller GM, newbie FG user. If I wanted to add Library Data for my campaign that my players can always access, what would be the best way to do that?

Trenloe
February 24th, 2021, 15:06
If you mean within FG, then do them as story entries and then export into a player module that the players can load and view when joined to your campaign.

The Canterbury Tail
February 24th, 2021, 15:13
So probably best to have a separate campaign for Library Data type stuff that I can then just update and export for them each session?

Trenloe
February 24th, 2021, 15:15
So probably best to have a separate campaign for Library Data type stuff that I can then just update and export for them each session?
Yep, have a module making campaign that you use just for that.

The Canterbury Tail
February 24th, 2021, 15:16
Thanks. Still getting used to the best way to do this stuff in FG. I kinda messed up my Numenera campaign by putting everything in my campaign.

For a Module Making campaign, can you just export bits as categories is that how it works? Or should I have a separate campaign for each module?

Trenloe
February 24th, 2021, 15:23
For a Module Making campaign, can you just export bits as categories is that how it works? Or should I have a separate campaign for each module?
You can't export by categories - it's all of a record type, or manually drag each individual record to the export window - which will get annoying quickly. So best to have one module making campaign per module.

The Canterbury Tail
February 24th, 2021, 15:28
Thanks for the guidance.