PDA

View Full Version : Noob question, What kind of maps do you use for your playthroughs?

Maysagi
February 24th, 2021, 13:09
I'm pretty new to this and want to set up a campaign but I'm having a difficult time with finding a map or using modern assets to match the atmosphere, any reccomendations?

Valyar
February 24th, 2021, 14:16
I run VtM games with Theater of Mind, works much better and faster. Sometimes I use image of the building, rooms or something for reference, but I found that using narrative combat and no tactical maps is excellent for this system and setting.

Raem
February 24th, 2021, 15:58
I run VtM games with Theater of Mind, works much better and faster. Sometimes I use image of the building, rooms or something for reference, but I found that using narrative combat and no tactical maps is excellent for this system and setting.

I can second this. I use the sketch tool under image to give the players a broad impression of how the environment looks like dimensionally but describe the surroundings in more detail.

vegaserik
February 24th, 2021, 18:15
I imported the images from the City of Mists maps and use them alot. They are really atmospheric and look nice.

Maysagi
February 24th, 2021, 21:01
I imported the images from the City of Mists maps and use them alot. They are really atmospheric and look nice.

I'd love to mix these in with the images as well, where did you get the city of mists maps?

Fear Grounds
February 24th, 2021, 23:31
I use everything from building blueprints to google earth screen grabs. Anything to give my players a sense of where they are. Tourist maps work really nice as well.

vegaserik
February 25th, 2021, 08:38
I'd love to mix these in with the images as well, where did you get the city of mists maps?

Drivethru rpg as pdfs. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/239747/City-of-Mist-Location-Maps