PDA

View Full Version : Wrong features been added at leveling up (D&D 5E)

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 22:53
As leveling up a character (wizard), dragging and dropping the class from the player's handbook as usual, some random abilities were added to the character sheet. I don't remember now witch ones, during the game I just deleted and move on. Later, leveling up another character from another campaign (sorcerer) same thing happened, it adds the correct features, but also some random ones witch does not make any sense. Something is really wrong, I got message errors and restart FGU to prevent further errors on the character sheet.

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 23:05
As leveling up a character (wizard), dragging and dropping the class from the player's handbook as usual, some random abilities were added to the character sheet. I don't remember now witch ones, during the game I just deleted and move on. Later, leveling up another character from another campaign (sorcerer) same thing happened, it adds the correct features, but also some random ones witch does not make any sense. Something is really wrong, I got message errors and restart FGU to prevent further errors on the character sheet.

Have you updated all your extensions and disabled all the ones that have not been updated?

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 23:05
Another thing that is happening, as adding a spell to the character sheet, it is added twice, and the same error appears on the LOG: "attempt to index global "ActorManager2" (a nil value)

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 23:06
Have you updated all your extensions and disabled all the ones that have not been updated?

yes I did

Jiminimonka
February 21st, 2021, 23:07
Then type /console, then Compile logs and upload them here.

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 23:15
Then type /console, then Compile logs and upload them here.

thanks, I was going to ask if there's a way to know if it's an extension that is broke and what would be the one

SilentRuin
February 21st, 2021, 23:17
thanks, I was going to ask if there's a way to know if it's an extension that is broke and what would be the one

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_ose.lua"]:53: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

That means you DID NOT upgrade all your extensions or disable the ones that did not provide a new one since the FGU extension breaking release last Tuesday (which was know to be happening for weeks before).

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 23:22
Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_ose.lua"]:53: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

That means you DID NOT upgrade all your extensions or disable the ones that did not provide a new one since the FGU extension breaking release last Tuesday (which was know to be happening for weeks before).

Thanks for your kind answer, so, how do I know which one is broke? I disabled some of them and updated the ones I could, so I'm confused witch one I supposed to disable now, witch one is causing the crash

SilentRuin
February 21st, 2021, 23:24
Thanks for your kind answer, so, how do I know which one is broke? I disabled some of them and updated the ones I could, so I'm confused witch one I supposed to disable now, witch one is causing the crash

Turn them all off. Look in forums or whereever you got every single one and grab the update. Then turn the ones you got updates for back on and leave the ones you did not get updates for off. Once you verify those are working you can turn each of the non updated ones on till you find which ones still work and which ones do not.

Safe to assume ANY you do not find upgrades for after last Tuesday are likely broken. But that is how you test it.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2021, 23:30
The error's in the scripts/manager_power_ose.lua script - which I'm guessing is probably the Ongoing Save Effects extension.

Rafael Martins
February 21st, 2021, 23:46
The error's in the scripts/manager_power_ose.lua script - which I'm guessing is probably the Ongoing Save Effects extension.

YES! Thank you! That was it. You're the best. Always helpful. Thank you so much!