PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player UTC-5 LF weekend game, PF2e preferred

HWCarver
February 21st, 2021, 19:57
I have FG Standard. Fridays I could play ~2000-0000 UTC, Saturdays 1500-2200, Sundays 1600-2200. I like fortnightly games; for weeklies I hope to see a week off out of every 3-5 weeks, preferably decided by someone having a real-world need to skip. I have a good mic and rather good bandwidth; video is not an option for me yet. All my VTT audio has been via Discord but I’m usually quick to learn new software.

I’m new to FG and Pathfinder and willing to play one-shots and small adventures. That said, I have spent a scant four decades hoping to become part of a group that more or less kept it together to get to the crazy levels without gimmicky means. (Starting at Level 3, maybe even 5, doesn’t seem gimmicky to me as long as everyone is familiar with the rule set and there’s good story.)

The systems I’ve spent the most time running and playing in are AD&D, Hero System (starting with original Champions), D&D 5e, and smidgeons of D&D 2nd and original Call of Cthulhu. My VTT experience to date is all Roll20, where I’m around a year old. I’m in the Deios pre-order gang and starting to putter with Dungeon Fog and Inkarnate. I intend to try running a game again sometime and these modern tools are super.

When I’m playing, story comes first. That doesn’t mean I dislike rolling lots of dice and doing arithmetic, just that I’m happiest when my character feels embedded in the game world and bonded with the PC group. I can enjoy both combats that last for multiple sessions and sessions where the weapons never come out. Being able to bring the paladin back from the edge of death so she can crit the Big Cheese demon with her holy sword is awesome. So is seeing to it that the home city-state legalizes street theatre and helping organize a new annual festival to celebrate that. Or running a wholesome house of prostitution with a couple of taverns and an inn attached.

I’ve played a wide range of characters over the years. Most recently, I’ve been going ‘against type’ for myself by playing weapon masters, all with different variations on the theme of protecting the exploited/abused from the powers that exploit/abuse them. If the Magus class is in the 2e Secrets of Magic, I think I’d really enjoy running one. My very first character (AD&D) was a fighter/mage. In the past year, I’ve seen some really swell use of downtime; one of the reasons I hope for an epic campaign is so we can have a really involved downtime/asynchronous world in addition to the VTT time. Also, I’m ***** and given to flipping on a dime between serious and silly. (typically he/him, OK with any)