PDA

View Full Version : Modules in common.xml not transferring, hanging on cobweb



Tropico
June 23rd, 2007, 19:51
Okeey, so everything started up in this thread (http://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6629) in the Tavern.

By now I've pretty much abandoned the Monster Manual thing. I'll settle for it just working with a regular old module.

I'm trying this with Griogre's 'd20 Combat Cheat Sheet', which as far as I can see, is a simple, straightforward single-sheet library indexed module that should casue no problems whatsoever.

I read both the stick in this forum and another thread in which several people solve a similar problem. I followed everything I found on them.

So:


Module installed locally on host -> check

Module data in common.xml inside .mod file in 'modules' directory -> check

Module loads perfectly OK on host -> check

Client connects to host without hitch -> check

Host sets Combat Cheat Sheet module on 'Force Load' -> check

Host opens book to trigger transfer -> check

Module transfers to Client successfuly -> nope. Book appears on player client when book is opened, but appears grayed out and with a cobweb icon on it, with no change in status after a very sizable wait.


Any ideas what could be wrong? What could I do to fix this or investigate further what could be the matter?

And, am I right in concluding that if this module doesn't go through, then very probably no module that I make will go through either?

Thanks for any help on this.

Tropico
June 23rd, 2007, 20:41
Alright, whew, I got it working. For both the Monster Manual and the Cheat Sheet (That's some great work on the Cheat Sheet module by the way, very useful).

What I had to do was simply close everything down, reboot both computers, and start everything up from scratch and strictly following the exact order for everything, and it worked.

It bears saying that everything works fine if and only if everything is started up and booted up correctly from the first go. That is, I start up the host FG2, then set all permissions how I want them, then start up the player FG2s and connect, and keep the permissions permanently as they are at the time of connection for the whole session.

The moment I start trying to change one permission to another with someone connected, that's when everything goes haywire and that's what was giving me problems before: i wasn't shutting everything down and restarting after every change I made.

This is not a show-stopping problem by any means though, and really just a minor quibble when put in the context of all the other stuff FG2 does well.