PDA

View Full Version : Co-GMing

GuardianLurker
February 20th, 2021, 19:26
So I've got a big, climatic, end-of-campaign battle coming up. And I want/need co-GMs to help run the session.

But how do I do that?

The only options I've come up with are:
a) all of us signing on under the same user name
b) converting the NPCs to characters (and optionally linking the actual NPC/Monster entries to the PCs)

Anyone else tried this? How did you resolve it? What problems did you run into?

SilentRuin
February 20th, 2021, 19:30
So I've got a big, climatic, end-of-campaign battle coming up. And I want/need co-GMs to help run the session.

But how do I do that?

The only options I've come up with are:
a) all of us signing on under the same user name
b) converting the NPCs to characters (and optionally linking the actual NPC/Monster entries to the PCs)

Anyone else tried this? How did you resolve it? What problems did you run into?

FGU is not really conductive to having multiple hosts. You can have two people bring up a campaign in two apps that are copies of eachother and try to keep things up to date but that is kind of a pain. Tomorrow I'll probably be linking a new extension called Assistant GM - but that is really for passing on control of NPCs to a player and not the same thing as truly having to DM's. Plus it a paid extension - EXTENSIONS = RISK - so I'd stay away from them unless you do that sort of thing.

I think the guy who did the video for that (see sig for link to it) did talk about what he did when sharing DM's in his past - but really FGU is not really suited for multiple DM's without some very careful planning and sharing of data.

GuardianLurker
February 20th, 2021, 20:37
Assistant GM is actually exactly what I need. Thanks.

SilentRuin
February 20th, 2021, 20:44
Assistant GM is actually exactly what I need. Thanks.

Will not be out till Soon(TM) - was now told Monday not Sunday so I'm adopting the Smiteworks motto there - though its really up to Grim Press and if DMsG lets me put it out there (all that DMsG stuff with extensions going on - they relented on Combat Groups so assume they will when I put this out also - waiting on FG Forge).

GuardianLurker
February 20th, 2021, 21:13
So where will I actually be able to acquire it? DMs Guild?

SilentRuin
February 20th, 2021, 21:22
So where will I actually be able to acquire it? DMs Guild?

When it comes out (Monday?) then the FG forum post link in my signature will be updated and a link provided to DMsG. I really want FG Forge to get done by SW to take the mystery of whether extensions will be allowed much longer in DMsG so I can never be sure until I actually put it out there.