PDA

View Full Version : Image and Asset Directory Confusion

Talen
February 20th, 2021, 17:57
What am I misunderstanding? I want to save an image in my campaign folder to share with the players. I checked my directory location on the FGU splash screen and saved the image in the campaign images folder at "C:\Users\micha\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\Rippers\images". The image is viewable in my Assets screen - but not in my Images tab. I have it saved as a jpg and a png file and still cant see it in the Images section.

I have tried to import it in the images section - I can locate the file, but when I save it, it says the image file already exists in the campaign - but I still cant see it. I have also tried closing FGU down and reopening to refresh - and still don't see it.

...any idea what I'm messing up?

Grommit57
February 20th, 2021, 18:14
Did you click "refresh" button on the bottom of the assets screen. You have refresh after adding images.

Talen
February 20th, 2021, 18:39
Did you click "refresh" button on the bottom of the assets screen. You have refresh after adding images.

I did. No luck.

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2021, 19:04
So just to be clear. You are opening the image from Assets >Campaign; double clicking on it and then selecting Create Image Record? And when you open Images and select Uncategorised from the drop down the image isn't there?

jwatmough
February 20th, 2021, 19:14
The image, if imported, will by default create an image entry in the image list under the same name as the asset's name. That new image record will be created in whichever group was active when the image was imported. With the image window open make sure that all is selected from the drop down group list and type in the search at the bottom the name of the asset. If no entry is found then you have not yet made an image record of that asset. There is a simple way to do so. Double click on the image in the assets window and choose 'Create Image record' or 'Set as Background Decal' if that is what you are trying to achieve. If you choose to make an image record then that will immediately open that image as a new image record that can be accessed by the images button/window.

Talen
February 20th, 2021, 19:28
My error was in thinking that putting the jpg file in the images directory alone would be sufficient, I did not realize FGU required the extra step of "Creating Image Record". Thanks Zacchaeus. And thank you jwatsmough as the info on where the file would be placed when created was also helpful.

One last question - What will the "Create From Campaign assets" option in the Images tab do? I assume its a batch conversion of all files in the Campaign Images folder instead of doing each one individually from the Assets section?

jwatmough
February 20th, 2021, 19:44
Yes, that is correct. The 'create from campaign assets' is a batch process for doing all of the images in one push of the button while the Import files button is a single file import function.

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2021, 19:46
See the first video here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity&p=492112#post492112

Talen
February 20th, 2021, 20:41
Thanks for the link!