PDA

View Full Version : Critical Hit and Fumble Deck

Frodie
February 20th, 2021, 14:36
Any update on the Critical Hit and Fumble Deck? Hoping sometime soon. Thank you for all the hard work and time with the P2e data sets!

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 14:38
These are taking a back seat at the moment. Behind new ruleset functionality, Ancestry Guide, beginner box, automation processing, new release bug fixes, etc..

Frodie
February 21st, 2021, 17:07
I guess I want to find a way that I can do it until they are in the FG store. I bought the cards from Pazio, but they are all jpgs. I looked around on the forums and there are some mods and ext that might work. What would be the best way to start? Should I just edit a mod or ext that is close or is there a better idea?

Trenloe
February 21st, 2021, 17:10
What would be the best way to start? Should I just edit a mod or ext that is close or is there a better idea?
My recommendation would be to input the cards as rows in a FG table and use the Basic Card Tables extension to simulate drawing cards from the "decK": https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23099-Basic-Card-Tables-Extensions

Handle all of the PF2 specific mechanics manually.

Skellan
February 22nd, 2021, 11:27
You could also add effects into the text that is output into chat, so that it can be drag and dropped as an effect onto the combat tracker.

E.g

STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1

Frodie
February 22nd, 2021, 13:19
Oh that would be cool. I am not a programmer, so it's going to take a bit to figure it out. Thank you everyone for the ideas!

Ok, I was able to make the table easy enough, but how do I add the card image to the table? I am assuming, I will need to make a mod file (like tokens, pics, etc) and then somehow attach each pic to each table entry. Correct?

Frodie
February 23rd, 2021, 04:33
Ok, how do I attach a png to the table? I made a mod and converted all the images from jpg to png, but when I drag and drop the image to the line for "card 1", nothing happens.

Edit - I found it, the images have to from the image button and not a mod (like tokens).

Skellan
February 23rd, 2021, 08:44
Glad you got that working :)

Farnaby
February 23rd, 2021, 22:09
You could also add effects into the text that is output into chat, so that it can be drag and dropped as an effect onto the combat tracker.

E.g

STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1

Out of curiosity I tried that out and it only worked if, as a GM, I added a new effect and copied the text into the text field,
just dragging STUBBED TOE; Enfeebled: 1 from the chat did not work.

Skellan
February 23rd, 2021, 23:37
Yeah, sadly you need to create a line to drop it on to - and also adjust the duration. Still a bit quicker then writing it out though

Frodie
March 3rd, 2021, 13:25
How do you make the image automatically appear (not just the link to the pic) in the chat window?

Skellan
March 3rd, 2021, 13:33
I just output the text into the chat window. I didn't feel the cards had enough art on them to make it worth it.

I am not sure you can make an image automatically appear but I think you could select the table to output a story entry and then the GM could share the image. I am not sure that there is a way to do this better without an extension

Frodie
March 3rd, 2021, 13:43
Yeah, there is not a good way to get the txt off the card image. When you buy them from Pazio, you just get a scanned image of the card. Each card has multiple effects, I am not sure I want to hand type each effect of all the cards. I guess we will just have to wait until we can buy them here.

Frodie
March 6th, 2021, 13:51
Well I made the table with the ext and added the card image and it works. I moved it to a hot key and I have a few questions. Is the hot key shareable to my players so they can pull a card? And is there a way to auto roll once you click on the hot key?

Farnaby
March 6th, 2021, 22:53
The command is /rollon tablename in the chat window, which you can then drag to a hotkey.
At least that's how I set it up.

Lanetolsun
July 21st, 2022, 18:53
Hello,

It's been a year, is there still no automated version of critical & fumble decks?

Thanks.

parildo
June 27th, 2023, 18:06
Hello,

It's been a year, is there still no automated version of critical & fumble decks?

Thanks.

Two years :)

Any news on this ?

Lanetolsun
March 10th, 2024, 16:33
Hello,

Maybe include these inside the remaster project? Since without these cards, fishing for 20 and 3 attacks has no downside. They really make game fun. I always include deadly option ( even on +10 crits) I apply both crit and failure for npcs and pc's and give free archetype.
So please add them to FGU ;) I'll buy right away!

Thanks.