PDA

View Full Version : Two bugs: "Indicator flag" and "GM Tab"

Dementia Five
June 23rd, 2007, 16:07
For the life of me, I can't get the red indicator flag for initiative to appear in the chat window when I select particular PCs on the combat tracker. As a player, I've seen it work, but no dice as a GM.

Speaking of that, a much simpler problem... the word "GM" is GONE from the dialog tab under the chat window. In other words, the players won't know it's the GM talking (it is blank), unless I create another tab. But then I lose the italic font, which I prefer when the GM "speaks".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application. I have investigated the lua file (combattracker_entry.lua) under (\rulesets\d20\scripts): looks to be there. I also see the indicator_flag.png file is intact. AFAIK, I select the character with green face icons and the flag should pop into the chat window (I do see it in the combat tracker).

And... I don't know where to begin looking for the "GM" label bug, but it is only evident on the campaign I'm currently working with (but the flag issue is prevalent everywhere.)

Help!

Griogre
June 24th, 2007, 02:51
Is it possible you accedently deleted it? Try adding it back by typing /idgm GM in chat.

Barring some strange bug the flags are probably not showing because either you PC's are not green on the combat tracker or are not linked to the tracker. To link the players to the tracker you need to drag a gold ring portrait of the player to the tracker and drop it. You can tell if the player is linked if when you drag the PC token to a map with a grid on it the reach and space are shown.

Dementia Five
June 24th, 2007, 03:16
THanks for the tips...

I was actually going to post the solution for the GM tab bug... all I did was delete the CampaignRegistry.lua and voila, all set.

Still working on the flag issue... I remember dragging their portraits to the gold ring, but didn't notice the reach and space values. Does make sense that somebody behind the lua curtain doesn't think the characters a relinked as you say. Can't test it until the next campaign, but I'll give it another go.

A few others have had this problem I noticed.

Tropico
June 24th, 2007, 14:23
I notice you say 'when I select particular PCs on the combat tracker'.

Are you selecting the PC (like directly with your mouse), or are you pressing the 'next' button (the little down-arrow button to the right of the turn flag at the bottom of the tracker) to eventually get to that PC's turn?

If you select the PC with your mouse, or if you drag the turn flag with your mouse, no flag and no indicator will show up for the players.

The flag only comes up when you cycle through with the 'next' button and the turn slides from the personality above the PC down to the PC.

Just thought I'd mention this since it gave me a bit of confusion as well, though it may not be your particular problem.

Also to make sure th PC is properly linked to the tracker:

- Make sure the PC's token is removed from both the map and tracker
- drag from the portrait to the tracker
- drag from the tracker to the map

They should be linked like that. You can see that they are linked because as you cycle through everyone (with the same 'next button' as above) a little round highlight appears around whichever token has the turn.

Griogre
June 25th, 2007, 01:45
When I drag and drop the flag from one character to another on the combat tracker (for like a readied action) Tropico, it does flag the PC's for me also. I am still using the default d20 ruleset with no additions. I keep hoping Smiteworks will fix the module mask map and module map drawing bugs so I haven't made any mods to the ruleset yet.

Dementia Five
July 7th, 2007, 14:45
Still having problems, folks. Could someone explain how it is supposed to work? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I click the down arrow and the flag moves from chr to chr, but no-one sees anything on the chat window (incl me). I have dragged their portrait to the golden ring, and their are tokens on the maps indicating their position. I notice I can actually drag the red flag from the combat tracker, but can't drop it anywhere (except onto the other players already in the tracker), but still... nothing in the chat window. Is there any other way to get the flag to appear? (rt click or type some text)?

THanks.

joshuha
July 7th, 2007, 15:12
I have dragged their portrait to the golden ring, and their are tokens on the maps indicating their position.

This is what the issue is. When creating a PC entry in the combattracker drag their portrait to a blank area of the tracker to make it link to the PC correctly. Otherwise it just thinks is a normal entry with a token that happens to match a PC which there is a difference.

Dementia Five
July 10th, 2007, 16:01
Thanks everyone, indeed that WAS the issue... just dragging the token to the BLANK combat tracker did it! Much easier for PCs to slay enemies, now.