PDA

View Full Version : features broken during last update

Shinrei123
February 20th, 2021, 08:41
Hi all

During play yesterday I noticed two features which have been broken. Below you can see the description of the issues and print screens.
1) PERS: has completely stopped working. It no longer applies damage to a creature and also isn't removed on a success. In chat it acts as if it is behaving properly but when you check the actual combat tracker you see no effects are applied.
2) In previous versions when an NPC hit 0 HP a quick remove button would pop up inside the combat tracker. This is no longer the case.

I hope you are able to fix this soon as I frequently used both functions.

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2021, 09:01
I can confirm both behaviours.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 12:23
Thanks for reporting. I've identified the issues - one in CoreRPG and one in PFRPG2. I'll get these into the system and request an update ASAP.

Shinrei123
February 20th, 2021, 12:44
Hi all

Thank you for the speedy responds! I really appreciate this!

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 20:33
I've just pushed a hot fix with both of the changes Trenloe mentioned.

Regards,
JPG

lostsanityreturned
February 20th, 2021, 20:38
Hi all

Thank you for the speedy responds! I really appreciate this!

When stuff like this happens I recommend switching to the Previous channel, it is what I did today when I encountered it myself.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 21:35
The Previous channel is only for application client updates. It does not apply to ruleset updates like the one this week.

Regards,
JPG

jfos
February 20th, 2021, 21:42
I lost ability to layout all my tabs?! Yes Ive reloaded and rebooted etc etc

lostsanityreturned
February 20th, 2021, 21:49
The Previous channel is only for application client updates. It does not apply to ruleset updates like the one this week.

Regards,
JPG

And yet persistent and dying work correctly with the previous channel but not the live channel.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 22:08
@jfos,
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66105-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2020-02&p=578957&viewfull=1#post578957

@lostsanityreturned,
Which ruleset? As far as I know, there is nothing in Prev channel at this point at all.

Regards,
JPG

jfos
February 21st, 2021, 00:15
@jfos,
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66105-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2020-02&p=578957&viewfull=1#post578957

@lostsanityreturned,
Which ruleset? As far as I know, there is nothing in Prev channel at this point at all.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks my google-foo was failing

lostsanityreturned
February 21st, 2021, 05:20
@jfos,

@lostsanityreturned,

Regards,
JPG

Pathfinder 2e (same issue as this thread is talking about)
I even swapped back and forth again after the game last night to double check and it still occurred (both streams were updated)

Whatever the reason it saved my game from extreme frustration last night.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2021, 07:16
Yeah, I just checked; none of the clients or rulesets are in the Prev channel currently. So, they should both be exactly the same after updating.

Regards,
JPG

lostsanityreturned
February 21st, 2021, 12:28
Yeah, I just checked; none of the clients or rulesets are in the Prev channel currently. So, they should both be exactly the same after updating.

Regards,
JPG

Not on my computer, and I ran update multiple times. Do you want a video or perhaps a copy of my install directory (if only to isolate why it might happen)

Lovely Rotten
February 21st, 2021, 16:02
Pathfinder Ruleset, can't change option set from Libraray (GM, All, PC Creation etc.) am I missing a new way to do it? I used to go to Library and change it there.

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2021, 16:11
Pathfinder Ruleset, can't change option set from Libraray (GM, All, PC Creation etc.) am I missing a new way to do it? I used to go to Library and change it there.

Yes, these options are now in --- options.

And welcome to FG.

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2021, 17:51
@lostsanityreturned,

Are you clicking the Update button after swapping channels? Each channel has to be updated independently. I don't even know what I would need to see, since I would probably have to ask our updater developer. However, if the ruleset versions don't match, the first thing we would probably do is have you remove the vault folder for Prev and re-update. I'm not sure it's that important, as long as the client version is correct (v4.0.10)

The bigger question is whether you are still having issues with Live channel. If so, we would need the logs to verify ruleset versions; and figure out why you don't have the latest version or what issues remain. As far as I know, any issues from this last update have been cleared, and @Trenloe is working on his normal list.

Regards,
JPG

Shinrei123
February 21st, 2021, 17:57
Hi all

I can now confirm that after installing the update all features work as intended (PERS: does damage and is removed after a successful check, creatures with 0 hp get a quick remove button.
Thank you for the very swift resolution, I really appreciate it!

Trenloe
February 21st, 2021, 18:18
@Trenloe is working on his normal list.
He is indeed... ;)

Lovely Rotten
February 21st, 2021, 21:47
This was the case. I appreciate the response. Easier and cleaner once you know where to get it I guess. Thanks.