PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a RuneQuest Ruleset?

SirJoe
June 23rd, 2007, 15:27
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone has created (or is creating) a runequest character sheet and ruleset?

Mongoose released a new version of RQ and my local group has really gotten into it (was always my fav. rule system).

Best regards,
Sir Joe

phantomwhale
September 6th, 2007, 10:33
+1 to this - I would love to run some runequest through Fantasy Grounds. I get the feeling, as a newbie to the software, that non-D20 stuff might be quite hard to get up and running, but I'd certainly be keen to try / assist if no such ruleset exists.

Kalan
September 6th, 2007, 14:07
Actually the base ruleset will work fine for RuneQuest (I just got the new Hawkmoon stuff...really cool, even tho I'm gonna savage it instead ;) ). All that really needs doing is a new character sheet - which is WAY beyond my meager skills. If you were to get hold of the Generic ruleset that's floatin around here somewhere, you'd be able to use that to get RQ up an running.

phantomwhale
September 25th, 2007, 23:17
If you were to get hold of the Generic ruleset that's floatin around here somewhere, you'd be able to use that to get RQ up an running.

Kalan - what do you mean by the generic ruleset ? I had assumed starting FG II without pulling down any D20 modules would by definition be a "generic ruleset", but you seem to indicate there might be something extra to build on top of this ?

Thanks for your post too - it's really helped me focus on pulling together what might be required to get a runequest game over FG II going. There is another thread (search for runequest) out to see what interest there is out there for playing the system before I get my hands too mucky, but it's looking promising already.

Griogre
September 25th, 2007, 23:26
When you start FG and click create a new campaign you *have* to select a ruleset. If you don't have any other rulesets you will be forced to use the d20 one which is not very Runequest like.

However, there is a "Generic" Character sheet ruleset. Toadwart recently updated it to FG2. All it is a set of lines and boxes. It is very simple but can be used for almost any system if everyone has the referance books.

Here's a link to the thread where you can download the ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6314&highlight=Generic+Character+sheet

bobthebuilder
September 27th, 2007, 10:21
I use the generic ruleset for my non-d20 game and it works perfectly. It's the best way to run a non-d20 game if you don't have the skills or time to create a system-specific ruleset.

Griogre
September 27th, 2007, 18:27
I'm like BobTheBuilder, if I can't get a ruleset from DA then I use the Generic Ruleset. It's not pretty but it does the job and I would rather run or setup a game than build a ruleset with my spare time.