PDA

View Full Version : Error when players open/edit character sheets

Trybec
February 20th, 2021, 02:56
Hello,

Not seeing this particular issue here. We logged in to play tonight and were creating new characters. As soon as my players tried to give their new character a name, errors started flying. Interestingly enough, did not happen when I as the host edited the sheets.

There is only one main error, everything else seemed fine:

[2/19/2021 6:05:20 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "desktop/scripts/desktop_coc.lua"]:29: attempt to call field 'onIdentityStateChange' (a nil value)

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I have attached the logs also.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the template

Summary: We logged in to play tonight and were creating new characters. As soon as my players tried to give their new character a name, errors started flying. Interestingly enough, did not happen when I as the host edited the sheets.

Ruleset(s): Call of Cthulhu 7th Ed

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: Campaign was created in FGU

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: Calendars, 1920's equipment, Call of Cthulhu 7e, Call of Cthulhu 7e Investigators Handbook, Car list for Call of Cthulhu, Character Attributes,

Operating System / Language Setting: Win 10 / English

Steps to Reproduce: Creating a new character and editing the name.

damned
February 20th, 2021, 03:47
Hi Trybec are you and your players fully up to date? Can you all run the Check for Updates

Trybec
February 20th, 2021, 03:58
We did all update. I just had one of the players update even if it wasn't lit and I did the same.

We had the same error pop.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 04:09
I can recreate the errors when running a player instance.

Frenchkankan
February 20th, 2021, 18:24
Same error : 44027

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 20:32
I've pushed a hot fix for the CoC 7E ruleset to fix the issue.

Regards,
JPG

damned
February 20th, 2021, 23:14
Ia! Many thanks Moon Wizard

Trybec
February 22nd, 2021, 00:19
Agreed! Thank you Moon Wizard!

Can report that the error is no longer occurring.

Thanks everyone and may I take a moment to compliment you on having a fantastic product. This is the first time I've ever had much of an issue and that's pretty impressive for software that's still in development. Kudos.