PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds corrupted?

Drew92M
February 19th, 2021, 22:16
Until last week, FG was working great. Suddenly I could not log into my group's campaign. Every time I tried, I would be bombarded by dozens of file explorer windows. They would pop up as fast as I could close them. Naturally, I restarted the game, rebooted the computer, same issue. I deleted every file on my PC associated with FG and SmiteWorks and re-installed. Tried both direct from FG.com and Steam. I now have to log on dozens of times before being attacked by multiple notepads that pop up as fast as I can click them away. Finally having navigated the sea of notepads, I search for my group. As I scroll down the list, the curser jumps to the top repeatedly, so I use the search options. FG says it doesn't exist even though I'm speaking with them over discord. I then am attacked by another multitude of file explorers. I get so frustrated that I close the system all together only to find that FG has saved a couple hundred zip file logs to my drive.

I can't find anything on these forums similar to my problem and seem to be getting nowhere with troubleshooting. Hoping someone has some insight to this.

Trenloe
February 19th, 2021, 22:18
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Please take a screenshot of the windows that are popping up and post that here. We'll need to see exactly what's happening to be able to help you.

Drew92M
February 19th, 2021, 22:54
Not sure why, but I can't upload the screenshot. Probably user error. Either way, it's literally just a file explorer window to steamworks > fantasy grounds. No mater what I do, it opens until I rapid fire close it. They're like AOL popups from 1998.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2021, 23:11
Click on Go advanced and then manage attachments and then browse and the Ok to add an attachment to a post.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 00:01
Try launching directly from the FG shortcut; not from Steam.

Regards,
JPG

Granamere
February 20th, 2021, 21:50
OK when you uninstall you might want to try going to C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\ and renaming the "fantasy grounds" folder to bad. This is where "User Name" is your login name. If you are already doing this cool.

Not sure if this will help them but you might want to upload you console.log file. Although if Moon Wizard, Tenloe and Zacchaeus are not asking for it it might not have anything that could help them figure out you problem. They are the dev and masters here so you have the best people already looking at it.