PDA

View Full Version : Create/View Local Character

Kalan
June 23rd, 2007, 09:59
Greetings again all!

Just a quick question. I have a number of players who have connected to me, and received my ruleset. However, when they goto try and make their characters "offline", they do not have access to the ruleset in the Create/View Local mode...

Does anyone know how to fix this? They don't have any of the rules modules (which is what I want), but I had hoped they'd have access to the ruleset itself in offline mode to help with making and preparing their PC's.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Griogre
June 23rd, 2007, 10:22
Don't think this is fixable. If they are not connected to you and you didn't send them the ruleset for them to install locally they can't get to the ruleset data. I think you are going to have to just leave your server up so they can build characters on the server. The downside of rulesets not being passed around I guess.

Griogre
June 23rd, 2007, 10:44
I was just thinking about this. Depending on your ruleset you might consider must making a small client module with just what they need to build a character - ie maybe just the character sheet. They should be able to then build local characters.

Kalan
June 23rd, 2007, 12:07
I was just thinking about this. Depending on your ruleset you might consider must making a small client module with just what they need to build a character - ie maybe just the character sheet. They should be able to then build local characters.

Problem is char sheets are not tied to modules, just rulesets.

As there's no real "proprietary" info in the ruleset itself, not a big deal to pass that around, as all the actual rules data is in common.xml modules.

I'll have to try that out I guess.