PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Claw Tattoo, Eldritch Maul effect.

Leprekorn
February 19th, 2021, 17:12
I'm trying to figure out how I would create an effect for the eldritch maul feature or Eldritch Claw Tattoo. But I am struggling with how apply force damage on melee attacks for a minute.
The description for eldritch maul is below and I would be grateful of any help.

Eldritch Maul. As a bonus action, you can empower the tattoo for 1 minute. For the duration, each of your melee attacks with a weapon or an unarmed strike can reach a target up to 15 feet away from you, as inky tendrils launch toward the target. In addition, your melee attacks deal an extra 1d6 force damage on a hit. Once used, this bonus action can't be used again until the next dawn.

Zacchaeus
February 19th, 2021, 17:40
DMG: 1d6, force, melee. Set the duration for a minute and the target to self. More on effects in these videos https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

Leprekorn
February 19th, 2021, 17:52
Cool thanks. I will.

Fear Grounds
February 19th, 2021, 18:02
I can tell you how I would do it, may not be the best way though, so here goes.

Create a new power on the character sheet, rename the group to Tattoo, name the Power Eldritch Claw. Open the power group settings and set its uses to daily.

Next add an effect under the power you made: Description "DMG: 1d6 force, melee"; Duration 10 rounds; Target "Self", Expend "Never".

Apply the effect whenever the tattoo is activated(once per day) and it will only apply on melee attacks for 60 seconds of game time(10 Rounds)

Definitely watch the linked videos by Zach, easy to follow and easy to learn.

Leprekorn
February 19th, 2021, 18:04
I can tell you how I would do it, may not be the best way though, so here goes.

Create a new power on the character sheet, rename the group to Tattoo, name the Power Eldritch Claw. Open the power group settings and set its uses to daily.

Next add an effect under the power you made: Description "DMG: 1d6 force, melee"; Duration 10 rounds; Target "Self", Expend "Never".

Apply the effect whenever the tattoo is activated(once per day) and it will only apply on melee attacks for 60 seconds of game time(10 Rounds)

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. Why 10 rounds and not 1 minute?

Fear Grounds
February 19th, 2021, 18:08
Thanks that makes a lot of sense. Why 10 rounds and not 1 minute?

In D&D, each round is 6 seconds and Fantasy Grounds keeps time, by number of rounds.

Leprekorn
February 19th, 2021, 18:09
Ah ok so where I have set effects like barbarian rage to a minute I should change to 10 rounds?

Fear Grounds
February 19th, 2021, 18:14
Either way should still work, I just prefer to use rounds on effects that would be used in combat rounds. It makes more sense to me.

Leprekorn
February 19th, 2021, 18:15
Cool thanks