PDA

View Full Version : 5E Clear Dead

mattekure
February 19th, 2021, 15:37
Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/212/view

This 5E extension adds a button to the GM combat tracker window to remove dead NPCs.

It only removes NPCs in red (foes), and it checks if the Wounds >= HP Max. If it meets those two criteria, it is removed. This is helpful when you have a large number of NPCs dead due to something like a fireball.

I received a lot of requests to move the button around to try and accommodate different extensions. So instead, I went a different route, and made it a small button using standard corerpg graphic used for delete.

https://imgur.com/LwfImhp.jpg

v2 - change to small graphical button on header bar
v3 - Moved button to the bottom of the CT, next to the factions. Added a bunch of rulesets
v4 - fixed invisible overlap. it was blocking the faction buttons.
v5 - Added a new button for clearing ALL dead npcs, including friendly. Be careful to not delete your familiars ;)
v6 - added OSE compatibility
v7 - Passes the turn before deleting if the dead NPC currently has initiative.
v8 - I forget
v9 - Made more generic, uses only CoreRPG function calls now, so should work in derived rulesets as long as they are following CoreRPG standards. Also fixed issue with blood spatter not drawing.

charmov
February 19th, 2021, 23:18
Very handy. Thanks.

BaneTBC
February 20th, 2021, 00:24
@mattekure Any chance you can look at this working with the Custom Damage Manager that Diablobob makes? Currently they are overlapping, although your button is a little higher then his so both can be used, but I get silly about aesthetics.

rtrevino
February 20th, 2021, 01:53
Thank you!

mattekure
February 20th, 2021, 02:42
@mattekure Any chance you can look at this working with the Custom Damage Manager that Diablobob makes? Currently they are overlapping, although your button is a little higher then his so both can be used, but I get silly about aesthetics.

I'll take a look. thats not one I use, so I will have to see where its positioned.

mattekure
February 20th, 2021, 14:07

I added a version with the button on the right. should work fine with Diablobobs

https://imgur.com/zmy1Eqi.jpg

mattekure
March 9th, 2021, 20:42
V2 added

Changed button location and style

Naurthoron
March 9th, 2021, 20:58
Smart move! I like it.

eporrini
March 10th, 2021, 00:33
@Mattekure, another useful enhancement, many thanks!

Secondarily, is anyone aware of an extension that leaves a token/body after clearing the creature from the tracker? The 5E Enhancer used to do it back in the day. I know that can get tricky, especially if layering is involved. I treat movement over enemy bodies as difficult terrain so I often leave the dead lingering (painfully) in the tracker until the combination of party tokens overlapping them with targeting/movement issues and combat tracker bloat force me to clear.

mattekure
March 10th, 2021, 00:46
I am now in the habit of leaving them on the CT, I use my 5e Status Indicators to show they are dead. Then I have a skip dead extension that automatically skips dead entries when initiative is passed. so having the dead ones in there really doesnt impact the flow.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66443-5E-Status-Indicators-by-Mattekure-(originally-Matjam-s-Status-Indicator)
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/348563/Fantasy-Grounds-Skip-Dead?affiliate_id=712946

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2021, 03:48
Be cool and make CoreRPG version of these :)

mattekure
March 10th, 2021, 04:12
Be cool and make CoreRPG version of these :)

How do you define "dead" for CoreRPG? there are not HP or any other health stats on by default. This is 5e specific simply because I know how to define something being "dead".

kevininrussia
March 10th, 2021, 04:27
How do you define "dead" for CoreRPG? there are not HP or any other health stats on by default. This is 5e specific simply because I know how to define something being "dead".

Don't know, just want to use this extension without playing 5e :-)

BaneTBC
March 10th, 2021, 05:24
I leave the dead one's on the CT as well, until the players search them, and then I have PR6I6E6ST's loot extension make the loot parcel for me...it makes things so easy and now you've made it even easier for me to clean up afterwards!

mattekure
March 10th, 2021, 13:01
Don't know, just want to use this extension without playing 5e :-)

If you crack it open, you will see in the combattracker_host.xml file that there is a function to determine "dead" or not.

if sFaction == "foe" and DB.getValue(creatureNode, "wounds", 0) >= DB.getValue(creatureNode, "hptotal", 0) then
DB.deleteNode(creatureNode);
end

basically it looks for a value "wounds" and checks if it is >= the value "hptotal". Any ruleset that uses those names should work. If there is some other names or other calculation, it could be easily added, it just needs to be defined for the ruleset. I could certainly make this work with other rulesets, but I dont really know how they all define "dead" :D

mattekure
March 10th, 2021, 16:21
v3 posted. I moved the button again, hopefully for the last time. It is now at the bottom next to the factions.

Added a bunch of new rulesets supported. Due to how each ruleset defines the positioning differently, the buttons may not line up perfectly at the bottom the way it does for 5e. If that bothers you, you can always extract it and tweak the values in the combattracker_host.xml file. The bottom offset number is how many pixels from the bottom of the window, so a negative number is higher in the window. and the left anchor offset is the number of pixels from the center.

https://imgur.com/AH76Q3h.jpg

mattekure
March 11th, 2021, 00:34
v4 added, had to tweak positioning, it was blocking the faction buttons

Jaegar
May 20th, 2021, 18:56
Thanks for this ext.
Its Awesome!

EllivasKram
June 23rd, 2021, 22:50
I use CAE and my druid creates 8x Pixies and 8x Wolfs etc...

Can we please have a Clear/Remove dead Friendly addon via a Radial maybe ? Or an icon if you think there is space...

But the radial could be to select Clear/Remove 'All Dead' or 'All Faction Dead' or 'All Neutral Dead' etc as well as 'All Dead NPC's by default ???

mattekure
June 23rd, 2021, 22:51
I use CAE and my druid creates 8x Pixies and 8x Wolfs etc...

Can we please have a Clear/Remove dead Friendly addon via a Radial maybe ? Or an icon if you think there is space...

But the radial could be to select Clear/Remove 'All Dead' or 'All Faction Dead' or 'All Neutral Dead' etc as well as 'All Dead NPC's by default ???

Hmm, good idea. let me take a look and see

mattekure
June 24th, 2021, 01:29
v5 posted. I added a button that clears all dead NPCs, even friendly.

Jaegar
September 18th, 2021, 01:50
Thanks! This is really awesome.

MrDDT
January 31st, 2022, 18:30
I saw an update for this on the FORGE but didn't see anything in the update notes.

mattekure
January 31st, 2022, 18:31
I saw an update for this on the FORGE but didn't see anything in the update notes.

Just added a new ruleset. OSE.

mattekure
December 14th, 2022, 03:16
Update to auto pass turn if the dead NPC being cleared currently has initiative.

EllivasKram
January 26th, 2023, 19:42
Hi - Just thought I would have a look at the TEST 'Beta' channel of the update v4.3.3

The Death indicators on removing DEAD creatures works great - but only if I clear from CT manually and not using this '5E Clear Dead' EXTN

Are you aware.. ?

mattekure
January 26th, 2023, 19:50
Hi - Just thought I would have a look at the TEST 'Beta' channel of the update v4.3.3

The Death indicators on removing DEAD creatures works great - but only if I clear from CT manually and not using this '5E Clear Dead' EXTN

Are you aware.. ?

I am in the process of checking all my extension with the new update. I should get to Clear Dead before release. Thanks for the heads up!

mattekure
January 30th, 2023, 20:17

Are you aware.. ?

I have pushed a fix for this in test. I'll push it live once the update is released.

eporrini
February 5th, 2024, 18:16
I no longer see fluids (blood ext) on the ground when I process removing dead with this extension. It seems to be working normally when I remove it via the standard side toggle.

mattekure
February 5th, 2024, 20:33
I no longer see fluids (blood ext) on the ground when I process removing dead with this extension. It seems to be working normally when I remove it via the standard side toggle.

I just pushed an update to version 9.2. should fix this issue.

eporrini
February 6th, 2024, 20:31
Working now, thanks so much!!