PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Discord channel Streaming Room?

DragonBetween
February 19th, 2021, 15:09
Does the Fantasy Grounds Discord channel have a room people can do Streaming in? For when some is just working on there content for their game while streaming it on discord. Then other people can join that room and watch. It could lead to helping novice user learn more about FG, other people might have tips to pass along to the person streaming, and people could also end up meeting new people this way making this community a little more stronger. (Out of all of my experiences on the internet, the fantasy grounds community has been the most respectful, and welcoming group I have been apart of. BY ALOT.)

LordEntrails
February 19th, 2021, 15:18
I believe you can stream from any of the game rooms. But not sure. Someone should be along soon to answer the question definitively though.

stephan_
February 20th, 2021, 11:53
At least for the game channels I tried it, streaming is not enabled.

I would agree it would be a good idea to have, especially as it also helps with two other situations:

1. Troubleshooting. Streaming makes it much easier to explain something or track down a problem.

2. Fallback plan if players don't have FG ready even if you told them three times to have FG ready... That way, they can at least see the table and do their rolls manually.

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2021, 15:21
I would suggest posting/asking in Discord itself. You can find one of the PTB (power that be) when they are on and ask for the feature to be enabled and why :)

SilentRuin
February 20th, 2021, 15:24
If its people asking you to demo something I usually create a discord server - invite them - then delete it when its done. Just FYI if that's the sort of thing you ever need to do - very easy - very quick.