PDA

View Full Version : Dice Color Picker not updated in RMC

Sulimo
February 19th, 2021, 04:53
I was not really sure where to post this (here or RMC), decided here for more visibility.

The new Dice Color Picker is not available in the RMC ruleset.

I am guessing it is related to an older bug in the Dice Color Picker. There is/was a bug in RMC with FGU and the old color picker. I actually experienced it recently when I brought some new players into FG. If they changed the dice colors, it also changed it for the GM. Easily fixed though by opening the color picker as the GM and closing it again (the player colors stayed fine until the next session, where they had to do the same). Dakadin mentioned it came up during the Beta/Early Release, but that it was somewhat lower priority (understandable since there is an easy workaround).

Is it possible to get the new color picker working in RMC, or will the other issue need to be addressed first?

This is not a huge issue, I just saw everyone talking about the new color interface, and did not see anything until I did a quick look with CoreRPG, and I agree it does look very nice.

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2021, 05:31
This is more of a RMC issue; since that ruleset overrides the color picker dialog provided by CoreRPG. (Probably to support the exploding percentile desktop dice icon.)

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
February 19th, 2021, 08:12
I will see about getting this updated in the RMC ruleset so that it uses the color picker from CoreRPG.

Sulimo
February 19th, 2021, 17:06
I suspected that was the case.

As I said, it's not a big deal, just one of those things that I thought would be nice.

I will say that the open-ended D100 for Rolemaster is a fundamental part of the system, and is more important than the dice color picker (to me at least).

If the Eyedropper isn't selecting a color when you click on the image, try setting the Sample to All Layers on the same bar. Also, make sure you aren't a mask - can't sample colors on a mask, only grays.

I am not sure what you are referring to here. This has to do with the Dice Color picker, and not anything to do with Images or Layers.