PDA

View Full Version : Select Text, Cut & Paste in 4E Unity?

Shimrath
February 19th, 2021, 03:47
Hello,

I have noticed that i cannot select text to cut & paste within all but "story" entries. For example "powers" "items" etc.

I'm fairly certain i used to be able to select text and cut & paste within those fields. I am using the 4E Ruleset and Unity.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Shimrath.

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2021, 05:09
Are the records unlocked, and does the field have the text focus caret?

I just made a random custom power, and cut and paste into every field once it was unlocked.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
February 19th, 2021, 18:23
On an unlocked power, with text in the power description section I can not highlight select any text. I thought this was because of the effect highlight of text parsing. Would be great if I could select text and cut and paste on powers.

No extensions on

https://i.imgur.com/7ffs6oh.png

gamerhawaii
February 20th, 2021, 05:06
For me:
1) Ctrl-A always works to highlight all the text (and then Ctrl-C to copy or Ctrl-V to overwrite.)
2) If the field is a formattedtext field then you can highlight just a portion to copy or overwrite
3) For a plain text field, you can only highlight the whole field with Ctrl-A. Cannot seem to highlight or copy/overwrite just a portion of the text.

Moon Wizard
February 20th, 2021, 22:37
The auto-parsing of the attack/damage information prevents the mouse selection from occurring. It's a tradeoff from allowing the mouse to do the hover/roll. You can still select using the Shift plus arrow keys.

Regards,
JPG

kevininrussia
February 20th, 2021, 22:50
Shift plus Arrow keys. Eggselent!

Thanks Moon Wizard!

Shimrath
February 21st, 2021, 00:54
The auto-parsing of the attack/damage information prevents the mouse selection from occurring. It's a tradeoff from allowing the mouse to do the hover/roll. You can still select using the Shift plus arrow keys.

Regards,
JPG

Yes, thank you! I will try that as well. Never knew about Shift + Arrow Keys!

-Shimrath.

Shimrath
February 21st, 2021, 03:06
HOLY SMOKES that is amazing! Is that a basic keyboard thing that works everywhere in Computerland?