PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 player, any day, most any time EST, D&D 5e

Shireling51
February 19th, 2021, 01:38
FG License: currently on free edition, but willing to upgrade if needed for the game.
Time Zone: Eastern Time USA
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Available most any day/time...looking for a weekly game (at least)
Term: would like a long-term campaign, but am willing to do any
Voice: Have Discord...can access most any program or app if necessary

Game System Preferred: really only looking for D&D 5e
Game System Experience: have knowledge of 5e, but little experience
Fantasy Grounds Experience: none...brand new to the platform

Character Type Preferred: interested in playing a Ranger, but am open to any type

About me: Im a 40 year old male, a loving husband, and devoted father of 3. I quit my job last year to stay home and homeschool my children. I have always loved fantasy novels and movies. Was big into theater and acting in high school and college. Always was interesting in D&D, but never knew anyone who played. I had just found a local group that was meeting at a neighborhood coffee house and played 2 session before Covid shut everything down. I've spent most of my free time in quarantine learning about D&D 5e. Have been trying to find a local in person game but have not had success yet in my area. Started looking into online play and found FG.

I will be a dedicated and passionate player who is not afraid to role-play. I really want to dive into something and look forward to getting a game (or 2) going.
You can reply to be here...I will get notifications.

Thanks...Shireling

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 02:14
Have you found a group?

Shireling51
February 19th, 2021, 02:16
not yet

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 02:18
I am trying to get a group together, but haven’t found enough players or a DM. Would like to play lost mine of Phandelver

Shireling51
February 19th, 2021, 02:20
count me in. just let me know if you find others.

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 02:20
Sent you a pm

Tongue
February 19th, 2021, 02:47
Thinking of running lost mines of Phandelver as a DM because I can't find a group that'll play Sundays 8pm CST, Winnipeg Time.
How do you feel about Sundays my friends. I used to have ultimate and hosted games for my kids and some others but it fell apart.
I was only planning on getting a standard license for unity, which means I can host but not for Demo players.

Shireling51
February 19th, 2021, 02:52
Sundays would work for me...I'm EST in the States, so I think that would put me only one hour ahead of you

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 02:52
I have a group that plays 6-9 pm est. but we are closing this campaign in 10 weeks

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 02:54
Oh that’s 9 pm my time... I might could work that

Shireling51
February 19th, 2021, 02:56
yeah, 9 pm for me too...i can work with that.
How long per session?
seems the standard is 2-4 hours once a week or so. Does that sound about right?

Tongue
February 19th, 2021, 02:56
Should we discuss this in discord? Since everyone is apparently up and about right now
I am Tongue#0697

Glorwin
February 19th, 2021, 03:02
Glorwin#9490

Mdhickerson
February 21st, 2021, 20:02
To the original post, I am in Louisville and I am just starting to run Lost Mines myself, for a group on Friday's. This will be my first time as a DM. and was thinking about either playing or running another game on either Monday or Sundays. I do have an ultimate License, so I would be happy to either run the game or play (I will try not to meta game if I am a player). If the people on this forum post are interested, you can contact me through Discord at mdhickerson#9184. If I run the game, I would prefer the players choose from the pre-generated characters that come with Lost Mines