PDA

View Full Version : Delta Green Extension Combat Tracker Error 'ActorManager2'

Pendrig
February 18th, 2021, 21:36
Hi,

I get the following error using the combat tracker with the DeltaGreen.ext v0.0.8 in Fantasy Grounds Classic:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:113: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Could someone pretty please fix the extension :)

Thanks!

PS: Somehow I am not able to post in the 6th Edition Thread.

Mach5RR
February 19th, 2021, 07:44
It's fixed ... now. Just use the same link as before and it should be good. I'm probably going to go back to it at some point, as there are things I know how to do now, that I didn't before.

Pendrig
February 19th, 2021, 17:37
Many thanks!

Pendrig
February 19th, 2021, 18:00
Sorry to bother again. When I try to inflict damage in the combat tracker I get another error related to ActorManager2:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:87: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

Mach5RR
February 20th, 2021, 19:55
Sorry to bother again. When I try to inflict damage in the combat tracker I get another error related to ActorManager2:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:87: attempt to index global 'ActorManager2' (a nil value)

OK, I've fixed that as well. I hadn't fixed it because I assumed it was only dealing with lethal damage, which I still haven't figured out how to make work. I've now pulled all references to ActorManager2 from the DG extension.

CthulhuRol
January 1st, 2022, 23:05
Hello Mach5RR:
I sent you a private message about this extension. I have doubt about make it here or create a new post.
Regards.

Mach5RR
January 2nd, 2022, 04:18
Hello Mach5RR:
I sent you a private message about this extension. I have doubt about make it here or create a new post.
Regards.

I've gotten the message, and I've been looking through the code to see about addressing it.
1. I did find the Skill Header bug and fixed it - i just forgot to post the fix. My apologies.
2. PC Initiative. This is a holdover from CoC6e ruleset. I have no idea why dropping an NPC in the Combat Tracker sets the init to their Dex, but it doesn't do it for PCs. I'm trying to research this one.
3. Sanity Damage dropped on CT not being reflected on Character Sheet. Weirdly enough, in developing Coc6e and 7e, no one has ever -really- created a Sanity Damage roll. What you are doing is just rolling dice, and subtracting that from the CT - which isn't updating the Character Sheet. If you roll normal dice (not damage), and do the same thing for Hit Points in the CT, you'll find it behaving exactly the same way. Subtracting from the HP but not mirroring it to the CS. My thoughts are to create a Sanity Damage roll similar to the damage roll.

Your proposals
1. Yes, I've thought of adding the Hardening Blocks to the page. I've just been caught up in other things to address it.
2 & 3. Checkboxes for exceeding 5 san (Temporary Insanity) and for exceeding Breaking Point (Mental Disorder). I see that the 7e ruleset already has these, and I can add something similar, but I won't automate them. First I would need to create the Sanity Damage roll, which I haven't done, and then i would have to have the roll account for hardening and other effects that reduce SAN damage, which is just something I can't account for.

Notes on things I did - Mental Disorder (Long-term) were the only things -supposed- to be recorded on the character sheet. Temporary Insanity was meant to be represented as an effect on the Combat Tracker.

sedgetone
January 3rd, 2022, 19:07
Could you add the ruleset t Forge please? Easier to pick up changes that way.

Naurthoron
January 4th, 2022, 10:58
It took me some time to find it back, but here it is for those who would not have time to perform archeological research on the forum: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kwtlq0zsolcjw/DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0

Mach5RR
January 13th, 2022, 05:51
OK, because the Delta Green extension requires the use of the 6e ruleset, I have started a new thread over there. I have updated the extension to 0.1. after rebuilding a lot of it.
In answer to posting it on the Forge - I'm leery of doing that for several reasons. One, I just don't do enough coding to post on Forge. If I put it there, I'm not sure if that blocks someone else from coming behind me and picking up where I left off if/when I leave. Plus, Delta Green is a licensed product. While we've had no problems (that I'm aware of) posting these here on the board, Arc Dream may draw the line about putting it in the Forge.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the extension. Let me know on the other page if there are any problems with it, or if there is something you need me to addres sooner than later.