PDA

View Full Version : LoS Issues

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 17:42
What's the problem?

Was describing it over discord jumbled in among other things I was asking about but here goes...

I am getting some really weird results. Do I go to forums for help in that? I have the whole area of the map encased in LOS wall - then walls within that - and some LOS terrain within the walls and some doors. When I test run through the map - I see bizarre shadows cast by columns going past the wall lines they are embedded in (LOS square wall has LOS wall line through middle) - I see doors that open not showing visibility past the doors - weird stuff for this simple map

These LOS lines have a mind of their own. I'm getting magic points appearing given certain overlaps of things then when I try to remove the individual points it created out of the blue it removes chunks of stuff I don't want.

Now I found out how to remove a point that I'd been asking about (make sure you pick an LOS type not just the pointer and double click on item so you can get access to plus minus buttons then you can pick a point).

And I redrew all my wall lines to go around the imbedded square columns that gave off bizarre lighting and point corruption stuff.

But I can't get the lighting to see through the doors I create after I open them or the terrain I walk into or open. It used to (I'm pretty sure) just show me the light go through the doors when I opened them and terrain when I entered them.

Jiminimonka
February 17th, 2021, 18:42
Was describing it over discord jumbled in among other things I was asking about but here goes...

Now I found out how to remove a point that I'd been asking about (make sure you pick an LOS type not just the pointer and double click on item so you can get access to plus minus buttons then you can pick a point).

And I redrew all my wall lines to go around the imbedded square columns that gave off bizarre lighting and point corruption stuff.

But I can't get the lighting to see through the doors I create after I open them or the terrain I walk into or open. It used to (I'm pretty sure) just show me the light go through the doors when I opened them and terrain when I entered them.

Have you got more than one LOS Layer? If you are on a different layer that has no LOS and start editing LOS it starts adding the LOS to the layer you are on. Lots of LOS in that sentence. I found sometimes that causes issues with doors.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 18:45
Have you got more than one LOS Layer? If you are on a different layer that has no LOS and start editing LOS it starts adding the LOS to the layer you are on. Lots of LOS in that sentence. I found sometimes that causes issues with doors.

Yeah that was hard to grok there. I do have multiple LOS layers - one of walls doors and one for columns based on things most likely to change. Are you saying that causes issues?

Jiminimonka
February 17th, 2021, 18:47
Yeah that was hard to grok there. I do have multiple LOS layers - one of walls doors and one for columns based on things most likely to change. Are you saying that causes issues?

I think maybe it does - I have a map with 4 or 5 LOS layers and they have to be at the bottom of the list of other things (images, map assets etc.). But I can't say for definite that is the issue.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 18:51
I think maybe it does - I have a map with 4 or 5 LOS layers and they have to be at the bottom of the list of other things (images, map assets etc.). But I can't say for definite that is the issue.

I tried shifting the two LOS layers and then the whole LOS folder of them below the image layers folder and still got super strange behavior. No doors would work - then one door would work. Made no sense.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 18:53
There's a known issue with LoS inside folders. Have you made sure that all your LoS is outside folders for now?

Regards,
JPG

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 18:57
There's a known issue with LoS inside folders. Have you made sure that all your LoS is outside folders for now?

Regards,
JPG

Yep - removing them out of folders fixed it completely. Doors and Terrain now working as normal. Thanks much!