PDA

View Full Version : Issue with adding 'Effects' to Combat Tracker - PFRPG

Elaith
February 17th, 2021, 16:57
Hello,

Not sure if this is considered an error with the new update.

I am using PFRPG, I have turned all extensions off.

When I try and add an effect via an action on an npc/PC I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:105: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

Note: this is when I do not have said npc/PC added to the combat tracker. If I add them to the combat tracker it works fine.

This worked before yesterday's update, so just checking if this is a bug? Or is this now working as intended.

It is not game breaking, just annoying, as I like to test certain effects when creating the npc. Not a real big deal to add them to the CT, but I liked how it worked before.

Thanks,

-Elaith

Trenloe
February 17th, 2021, 17:05
Script errors are certainly not working as expected.

Thanks for reporting. Hopefully one of the devs will get on this ASAP.

superteddy57
February 17th, 2021, 17:56
I will need more information than you provided. Can you first tell me what effect you were trying to add? I have attempted to try and replicate this report, but I have received no errors.

SilentRuin
February 17th, 2021, 18:07
Hello,

Not sure if this is considered an error with the new update.

I am using PFRPG, I have turned all extensions off.

When I try and add an effect via an action on an npc/PC I get the following error:

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:105: findNode: Invalid parameter 1

Note: this is when I do not have said npc/PC added to the combat tracker. If I add them to the combat tracker it works fine.

This worked before yesterday's update, so just checking if this is a bug? Or is this now working as intended.

It is not game breaking, just annoying, as I like to test certain effects when creating the npc. Not a real big deal to add them to the CT, but I liked how it worked before.

Thanks,

-Elaith

I don't know anything about PFRPG so feel free to ignore this - but an effect only exists in combat tracker - how could you have it on something if you don't have something in combat tracker? Is this that rulesets special feature or something?

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 19:24
I just tried this as well; and did not receive any errors.

Please disable all extensions on the FG launch screen; and try again.

Also, you can post your logs using the Compile logs button in the console; and that will provide the exact error as well as show which extensions are loaded.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 17th, 2021, 19:44
That is not being raised by a standard ruleset script - line 105 could not raise that error.

Please double-check that you have disabled all extensions and try again.

Check the ruleset versions shown in the chat window after loading the campaign - CoreRPG, 3.5E and PFRPG should all show v2021-02-01. If they don't then you either have one of these extensions unpacked in your FG rulesets directory, or they haven't updated.

If you still get the error, please compile the logs as Moon Wizard asked - so we can see exactly which ruleset version you're loading and exactly where the error occurs.

Elaith
February 17th, 2021, 23:02
I'll double check everything was updated when I get home later tonight. Otherwise I should probably add a little more detail.

I was dragging an effect that I had created from an npc/pc (that was not in the combat tracker - from their sheet) to a target in the combat tracker. This is what was causing the error.

All extensions were turned off, I triple checked that earlier. But I'll compare the ruleset versions when I can. And if needed provide the logs.

Elaith
February 18th, 2021, 17:47

Ok, I created a new campaign for PFRPG, no extensions loaded. Checked coresets. The core and 3.5e ruleset are loading in as v2021-02-01, but the PFRPG ruleset is loading as v2021-01-01. I checked the ruleset and it was updated like all the others, but it is showing as v2021-01-01 in the file. I do not have any rulesets unzipped in there at all.

So not sure if that file was never changed to reflect the correct date or it is not updating for me. I even tried a force app update to see if that would do anything, and it did not.

So again the steps I am taking.
1) I add a npc to the combat tracker.
2) I open up a random npc from the 'npc' button list, and go to actions.
3) I drag an action effect - so like Aug. Sum; STR: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement - this pops the error.

I can do heal/damage just fine from an npc not on the CT - but any type of effect I try to add messes it up.

Adding compile logs as requested.

Thank you,

-Elaith

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2021, 05:22
You have these extensions being loaded in this campaign, which is what we were asking you to turn off for your campaign on the launch screen.

[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: HandleProficienciesReplacement Function by Elaith
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: CreatureGen v1.80 (GPL v3)
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: Mirror Image Handler (includes Keen) v1.7 for Fantasy Grounds
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Remove Effect Tag) loaded.
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (Full OverlayPackage) loaded.
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: (LINK)\rPFRPG Live Hitpoints v2.0:\rThis extension automates changes to hitpoints based on an ability score.
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: Montserrat Font Extension FGU v1.1
[2/18/2021 11:29:16 AM] EXTENSION: Thème Second Darkness PFRPG pour Fantasy Grounds par Sasmira

Please turn off these extensions and try again. You can also check with each extension developer to make sure you have the latest version that works with this month's changes.

Regards,
JPG

Elaith
February 19th, 2021, 07:29
They were not on. I created a brand new campaign. Those extensions I believe were showing from a campaign I had loaded earlier. Then backed out, and started a new one. I verified none of them were running.

I started up FGU again, without loading the other campaign. This is a fresh campaign no extensions loaded. Same as before. When it boots up - the chat window only shows the rulesets for PFRPG.

I triple checked again - no extensions shown as being loaded on the main menu.

I have uploaded another set of logs. Hopefully these will be clearer.

Sorry I should have shut down FGU before, and then did the test again to get clearer logs. They are showing just the clean campaign now, so I am hoping that helps.

Thanks

-Elaith

Trenloe
February 19th, 2021, 09:49
Thanks for providing the clean logs.

JPG - I can recreate this issue in both FGC and FGU following the steps outlined in post #8 above.

EDIT: I can recreate in 5E (FGU) as well. Looks like the issue is in the base CoreRPG scripts/manager_action_effect.lua script.

Kelrugem
February 19th, 2021, 14:49
I can also reproduce that error without extensions :)

EDIT: Ah, Trenloe, too :D

Moon Wizard
February 19th, 2021, 17:26
Thanks everyone; found the issue and pushed a hot fix.

Regards,
JPG