PDA

View Full Version : The After - Feedback/Questions/Updates

Doswelk
February 17th, 2021, 07:15
This will be the "official" thread to discuss The After. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

The After Setting:
Player Guide
GM Guide
Adventures

Following the Kickstarter later this year, I plan to add the additional adventures.

YamaShintaku
February 19th, 2021, 00:41
Fantastic job, Kevin! The setting looks gorgeous (as gorgeous as a post apocalyptical adventure can look... hehe). I cannot wait to dive into this with my group of hearty adventures! Thank you!!!

Claybor
February 21st, 2021, 18:43
Went to purchase but..........................$56!!! Looks good, but that's just a bit much.

YamaShintaku
February 23rd, 2021, 20:10
Yeah, I thought it was steep too. I'm afraid they are pricing themselves out of selling many licenses. I got it anyway, because I simply love the setting. Full disclosure, I have an NPC in the game, Maverick Foster, who was made in my likeness and I wrote up the backstory. So, I feel compelled to keep supporting and playing the game...

YggBjorn
February 24th, 2021, 07:43
The listed price of the PDF is $55.99 USD in DriveThruRPG, yet it is always cut to $21 USD. I think it is a shady ploy to get you to buy it because it looks like it is on sale. It might bite them in the tookus now seeing as how some people, like me, aren't buying the $56 FG module. I would really love running it, but I do have other settings that I can run.

IceBear
February 24th, 2021, 09:39
Yeah I'm not buying it for FGs either at that price. I kickstarted it so I have the PDF so if I really want to run it I guess I'll have to enter the data myself. I was expecting it to be somewhere between $20 and $30 like most other modules

Doswelk
February 24th, 2021, 13:48
Unfortunately the price is decided by the Publisher, they wanted it the same cost as the PDF, now it has always been on "sale" at drivethru but the official price is the same as the module :(

mac40k
February 24th, 2021, 13:59
Yeah I'm not buying it for FGs either at that price. I kickstarted it so I have the PDF so if I really want to run it I guess I'll have to enter the data myself. I was expecting it to be somewhere between $20 and $30 like most other modules

Man, and I though Traveller was an expensive rule set. This was the new setting I was most looking forward to from those previewed in the JumpStarts with the SWADE Kickstarter and I backed this as well. While I’d love to get this, I’m in the same boat. I don’t know when or if I’ll run it, so I can’t justify the price just have it in my library of FG ready settings and I’m comfortable enough entering the new items/Edges/Hindrances/NPCs/Tables etc. that I could do that and just run from the pdf if/when the need arises. It won’t be as nice as the what Doswelk has done since I wouldn’t bother importing the entire pdf, but it’d have to do. Maybe if the Publisher agrees to let Smiteworks put it on sale sometime, I’ll reconsider.

IceBear
February 24th, 2021, 15:14
My thoughts exactly. I always buy Doswelk's stuff as soon as it's available so I feel bad not supporting his hard work this time. Hopefully the price will drop later...I'm sure they'd make more money with this at a $25 price point

Kyler
February 24th, 2021, 21:11
I feel bad as well. I went out of my way to support the product, but 55.99 is too expensive, essentially the same price as the hardcover premium book. It's unfortunate because I believe that releasing it on FG at a reasonable price would have generated a great deal of interest possibly acting as a spring board for future endeavors for the setting. I'm afraid this may result in lowered interest for upcoming kickstarters the developer might want to promote.

Kyler
February 24th, 2021, 21:13
That being said, thanks for your work Doswelk. You are an asset to Savage Worlds players.

tedrion
March 1st, 2021, 16:22
I posted on THE AFTER's facebook page, and got a super quick response. It looks like they've tried emailing Smite Works to bring the price down as well, and haven't received a response yet.

I think someone tried a high marketing strategy and didn't realize how bad it would look. /shrug

JonG
March 1st, 2021, 16:42
Hey everyone, Im Jon, The Artist and creator of THE AFTER. I just want to say that both myself and Fainting Goat Games (The publisher of THE AFTER) share your concerns around the price. We have tried to contact Smite works on a number of occasions since the release to lower the price! we have not had any response as of yet. You can imagine our frustration. We have no direct control over the price set up and have to rely on the administration of the product being updated by Smite works.

IceBear
March 4th, 2021, 22:01
Price dropped to $21.99. Bought it!

tedrion
March 5th, 2021, 01:50
They were able to get the price down to 21.99 today! Tomorrow is payday, and I'll be snagging it.

Kyler
March 6th, 2021, 18:06
Happy all of this got worked out. Just purchased "The After" for FG here and will be buying the premium book on Drive Thru RPG when I get paid next. The only thing that would have made it all perfect is if the hardcover premium book was graphic novel format.

amerigoV
March 6th, 2021, 19:24
Happy all of this got worked out. Just purchased "The After" for FG here and will be buying the premium book on Drive Thru RPG when I get paid next. The only thing that would have made it all perfect is if the hardcover premium book was graphic novel format.

I did see a post on FB where the creator is getting feedback on how many people would be interesting in the graphic novel format. So there is hope for ya :)

Kyler
March 6th, 2021, 20:18
I did see a post on FB where the creator is getting feedback on how many people would be interesting in the graphic novel format. So there is hope for ya :)

Please let them know that I would definitely support it. This project is a great one. I hope to see many more releases for it. Please let them know that I would definitely buy anything in a graphic novel format. As noted, I've already purchased the release for FG once they altered the price point.

mikelaff72
March 12th, 2021, 16:13
There's going to be a kickstarter for an adventure pack for The After called Tales from the Trail.
You can check out the pre-launch page here. Click follow and be notified when we launch. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/823004289/tales-from-the-trail)

YamaShintaku
March 23rd, 2021, 19:32
Tales From the Trail launched on Kickstarter and it's already fully funded. Anyone else chomping at the bit to get these ported to Fantasy Grounds? WOO-WHOO!

Kyler
March 26th, 2021, 19:55
Didn't Kevin Doswell do the adaptation for Fantasy Grounds?

Doswelk
March 29th, 2021, 07:49
When I get the Pdf I'll port it :)

Kyler
April 3rd, 2021, 19:33
See below.

Kyler
April 3rd, 2021, 19:34
When I get the Pdf I'll port it :)

I was just wondering why "Michael Lafferty" was shown as doing the adaptation. I know he didn't actually do it. On Steam, it still shows you as doing it.

IceBear
April 3rd, 2021, 20:03
Kevin does the work of 2 people so they gave him a pseudonym? :)

Kyler
April 3rd, 2021, 20:28
Kevin does the work of 2 people so they gave him a pseudonym? :)

Well, I have absolutely no doubt about that. :D

Kyler
April 3rd, 2021, 20:29
Kevin is a fabulous soul!

mikelaff72
April 7th, 2021, 20:02
I was just wondering why "Michael Lafferty" was shown as doing the adaptation. I know he didn't actually do it. On Steam, it still shows you as doing it.

Kyler - I know you're disinclined to believe me - but I had nothing to do with the Steam listing.:)

Jiminimonka
April 7th, 2021, 20:46
I found some typos - who do I report to Kevin or Michael?!?!

mikelaff72
April 7th, 2021, 21:39
I found some typos - who do I report to Kevin or Michael?!?!

I assume you mean you found typos in the FG The After? That would be go to Kevin. I don't have access to any of the creator tools on that.

mac40k
April 8th, 2021, 17:37
I assume you mean you found typos in the FG The After? That would be go to Kevin. I don't have access to any of the creator tools on that.

It depends on where the typo originates. Normally the text of the pdf is just copy/pasted into FG, so if the typo was in the original text, it will also be in the FG module.

amerigoV
August 28th, 2021, 14:26
In the Madness in Thunder Gulcher, there are two sets of text that are jumbled vs. the Quickstart

Under "Reaching Wong's Lab", in the Investigating section, the "bullet" should replaced with the following paragraph:

Dr Wong is hiding under a table at the back of the building, feverish with several oozing stab wounds in his belly and legs. He’s raving and wild, and might startle the characters by throwing something at them and cursing -- but he is not a danger to them in combat. However, in his poor condition, Wong is convinced the heroes are just more trouble. There are several routes to get the full story of what happened here: a successful Persuasion or Intimidate roll would break through his haze. Alternatively, heroes might scavenge the lab for restoratives with a Healing or Notice roll; Wong is too weak to fight an injection that would clear his head.

Under "Wong's Story", the last paragraph and the two bullets should be replaced with:

Roark’s bandits crossed the shelf below the waterfall and kicked in Wong’s front door, looking for drugs, weapons, and anything else they could scavenge. They shot his two assistants and threw their bodies into the stream.

Even worse, Roark’s lieutenant, a twitchy fellow who went by the name Spike, took a shine to Wong’s twelve-year-old son, Trent, and dragged him away. Spike insisted that he needed Trent ‘to be the key in the lock, the whisper in the wind,’ whatever that means. Wong reports that the lieutenant had some kind of biomechanical spines implanted all over his arms and shoulders -- that’s how Wong got the stab wounds, when he tried to rescue Trent.

Wong implores the heroes to track down Trent before it’s too late, while he does his best to recover from the stabbing -- at least enough to travel.

Doswelk
September 1st, 2021, 06:28
In the Madness in Thunder Gulcher, there are two sets of text that are jumbled vs. the Quickstart

Under "Reaching Wong's Lab", in the Investigating section, the "bullet" should replaced with the following paragraph:

Under "Wong's Story", the last paragraph and the two bullets should be replaced with:

Thnaks for that, that was weird as my source SWEL code did not have the problem, so I have now manually fixed the xml file so all should be good next update.

amerigoV
September 1st, 2021, 17:45
NP. ran it last week - after being rather hard core my last 3 or so games/sessions, it really went soft on the players in this adventure (Jokers galore, big rolls). But a fun time!