PDA

View Full Version : Removing the dice?

KyleC
June 22nd, 2007, 00:52
I've created a panel control that rolls custom dice for my ruleset. This has made the actual dice superfluous and I would like to remove them from view. However, through experimentation on my own and some searching on the boards it appears that it is impossible to remove or otherwise hide the dice from the screen.

Or is it? Is there a more satisfactory way of removing the dice other than just piling them up in a corner of the screen?

-KyleC

joshuha
June 22nd, 2007, 01:15
Piling them is the only way that works unfortanetly. They did mention this is something they want to look at some time ago but not sure on the status. This would be very useful for rulesets that only use one die type (World of Darkness, Talislanta, Shadowrun, etc.)

KyleC
June 22nd, 2007, 12:52
Bummer.

Add me to the list of folks who would like to see this implemented sooner rather than later. Something as simple as an <invisible> tag within the dice declarations or the ability to position the dice offscreen would would be just dandy.

Valarian
June 22nd, 2007, 13:35
Another vote from me for being able to set the visibility on the die.
I'm wanting to update my Star Wars d6 character sheet and create a Vampire The Masquerade character sheet at some point.
I'd like to be able to just show the relevant die instead of the whole set.

mossfoot
June 23rd, 2007, 14:42
Another vote from me for being able to set the visibility on the die.
I'm wanting to update my Star Wars d6 character sheet and create a Vampire The Masquerade character sheet at some point.
I'd like to be able to just show the relevant die instead of the whole set.

Me too for the same reasons. My D6 Star wars game doesn't feel right with all the other dice there ;) I'd like to have all the dice replaced with d6 dice, even though you click to add more anyway, just for looks ;)

sloejack
June 23rd, 2007, 15:34
Another option could be just to set all dice to roll a d6 regardless of the GUI image. Just because they have to be there doesn't mean they can't be altered. Granted it's not visually perfect, but it functionally resolves issues.

CaribbeanGamer
January 1st, 2009, 00:28
Old thread is old, but did this ever get implemented? I'd like to hide everything but the D6.

Foen
January 1st, 2009, 08:37
Not yet implemented, but add me to the list of folks who'd like to see it happen. This time for Rolemaster.

Foen

wavecutter
January 1st, 2009, 14:53
Add me as well. (GURPS)

Spyke
January 1st, 2009, 16:00
Add me as well. (GURPS)If they make it possible you can be sure I'll implement it in the ruleset sooner than soon!

Add me to the list.

Spyke

Oberoten
January 1st, 2009, 17:59
It'd be nice. :) *grins* That and re-skinning the dice.

- Obe