PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with one of my players

Matoi
February 17th, 2021, 03:22
He can connect and everything seems good until he tries to edit his character, from that point on any change he makes isn't reflected on my screen and the changes won't be saved. Also, he can't send messaged but can still read what I send in chat. I've attached his log files and mine too, I hope you can help me.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 03:36
It looks like something is force closing the player socket connection:
"Socket receive operation was interrupted, likely due to the socket being closed"

Have your player check their network security software/settings on their computer and their router to look for any settings that might block or shut down connections? (throttling, packet inspection, parental controls, ad blocking, quality of service, etc.)

Regards,
JPG

Matoi
February 20th, 2021, 02:43
Thanks a lot and sorry for not answering before, this solved his problem

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 04:11
Can you provide details of what solved the issue please? This might help others in a similar situation.

Matoi
February 20th, 2021, 06:40
Well, there's not a lot of details I can give, he just told me that he had to call his ISP because the router they gave to him doesn't have any kind of customization available and that after some tweaking on their end, he wasn't having problems anymore

Trenloe
February 20th, 2021, 12:50
Cool. Glad he got sorted out! :)