PDA

View Full Version : Love the new option to set custom decal

dendarii
February 17th, 2021, 00:36
I'm about to start DM'ing a Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign and was sad that there wasn't a decal option to load.

So I was delighted to see the update today brought the ability to add a custom decal from an image.

Thanks!!

(Also, thank you for the "Message of the Day" option - and the original extension creator, Trenloe)

Ulric
February 17th, 2021, 00:54
I'm about to start DM'ing a Rime of the Frostmaiden campaign and was sad that there wasn't a decal option to load.

So I was delighted to see the update today brought the ability to add a custom decal from an image.

Thanks!!

(Also, thank you for the "Message of the Day" option - and the original extension creator, Trenloe)

I like these changes too!

Temmpest
February 17th, 2021, 03:02

Thanks!!

I saw that as well. I picked the custom option but how do I import a custom image?

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 03:09
You have to place it in the images folder of your FG data folder. There's a button to open the correct folder in the Assets window.

Regards,
JPG

Temmpest
February 17th, 2021, 03:16
You have to place it in the images folder of your FG data folder. There's a button to open the correct folder in the Assets window.

Regards,
JPG

I don't see this button.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 03:24
It's in the Assets window. See the attached image. Also, note that this is for FGU only.

Regards,
JPG

Temmpest
February 17th, 2021, 03:44
It's in the Assets window. See the attached image. Also, note that this is for FGU only.

Regards,
JPG

So, I still don't see how you set up a custom asset. When I click on the folder button it takes me to the images folder in my campaign. How do I make one of these images a custom decal? (sorry if I'm being difficult. Am I the only one with this problem?)

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 03:47
Oh, I think we all assumed you were asking how to add your own custom file.

To make an image asset into a custom background decal, double-click on the image in the Assets window. In the Preview window, press the "Set Background Decal" button.

Regards,
JPG

Temmpest
February 17th, 2021, 03:51
Thank you!!!

Valyar
February 17th, 2021, 12:31
All nice enhancements done in the last release must be properly communicated, they are very cool.

merkvah
February 20th, 2021, 01:18
Oh, I think we all assumed you were asking how to add your own custom file.

To make an image asset into a custom background decal, double-click on the image in the Assets window. In the Preview window, press the "Set Background Decal" button.

Regards,
JPG

That's what I was wondering! Thank you! that's pretty epic!!

Griogre
February 20th, 2021, 19:01
Is this the first FGU only feature :)

Tyrannosaurus VeX
February 23rd, 2021, 10:16
Is this the first FGU only feature :)

You mean ... other than Line of Sight? LMAO :D

Griogre
February 23rd, 2021, 21:18
Yes :) But LOS was always a planned fork from Classic. I don't think this was. It's the first new unforseen thing of using the Unity engine. That's what struck me.

Jiminimonka
February 24th, 2021, 15:00
and now we can unlock the player portraits positions from top left and put them wherever we want too! More features incoming.

Temmpest
February 24th, 2021, 17:21
and now we can unlock the player portraits positions from top left and put them wherever we want too! More features incoming.

What's this?!

dendarii
February 24th, 2021, 17:37
There's now a little Locked icon top left of portrait area; if you move your cursor to just under the FG title bar in the top left corner, you should see it appear. Click it to unlock the portrait area and you can move it around your screen. You can then lock it elsewhere or click the reset button to put it back.

Temmpest
February 24th, 2021, 19:04
Damn! I would never have seen that!

Griogre
February 24th, 2021, 19:31
LOL, I saw it - but couldn't figure out what it was or how it worked until I saw the Twitch stream where he showed off all the new features.

sweetsquid
February 27th, 2021, 12:10
I also like the new feature. But is there a way to remove the decal one you have placed one?

dendarii
February 27th, 2021, 16:07
Just go to Options and change the Decal option to Off.

sweetsquid
February 27th, 2021, 17:16
Just go to Options and change the Decal option to Off.

thx!

Griogre
February 27th, 2021, 19:29
You can also just change it to a different one. I've was testing this to show the large image of a monster the party is fighting at the start of combat so I was messing around with it.

Temmpest
February 27th, 2021, 22:22
I like that idea!

dracosm
April 17th, 2021, 15:36
Another question i think goes well with this thread:

I learned how to change the decal using the assets folder, but how i undo it and erase the decal i just put?

I want to turn it back to the original decal without any image there.

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2021, 15:52
Just keep cycling through the decals in options.

dracosm
April 17th, 2021, 16:43
Thanks!

I leave a suggestion to te developers, it should be easier and more intuitive to undo it, since its so easy doing it now.

Again, thanks for the help.

wframe
January 24th, 2022, 15:17
FG Crew:

Just some feedback. I've been using FGU to run games regularly for the last few years and I just discovered this (and by accident). I was still using that "Fantasy Grounds Background EXT Maker" program for my campaigns. I don't know if that says more about my obliviousness or your marketing, but I do feel like this could have been publicized better. It's a pretty cool feature that a lot of long-time users have been wanting. I wish there was an easier way to know what has been added. I do read the patch notes when I see them, but this one slipped under my radar somehow.

Keep up the great work.

LordEntrails
January 24th, 2022, 19:04
Agreed, it's hard to notify a large user base of updates. My team has the same issue with the work application we support. It's not easily solved, but something my team is still working on.

Besides the release notes and the City Hall announcements, you might try subscribing to the Newsletter as well. https://fantasygrounds.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=70b64c3aab6b463beab9328c9&id=0c0bac83de