PDA

View Full Version : In Game Calender

thrylax
June 21st, 2007, 13:03
I have done several different searches on this forum, but I can't seem to find any information about it. So if I missed something please forgive me. I just started using Fantasy Grounds II and so far I love it. But I was wondering if there is any way to keep track of in game time beyond single rounds? Such as an in game calender or some other means of tracking in game time. Is there even one available in FGII by default and if not has somebody ever managed to make one? If so could you please provide me with instructions on where I could get hold of such a thing.
Thanks in advance

Nilliom
June 21st, 2007, 13:19
I would also be interested in this. So if anybody or the developpers see this it would be an iinteresting addon to the product.

joshuha
June 21st, 2007, 14:04
It depends on what you want to do. Ptolus provides a nice picture calendar that I imported as an imaged and just move a token on the calendar and share that with the players when they want to see that date.

Something generic could easily be written as a windowclass and a button that opens it from the desktop. Only issue is different settings may use vastly different week numbers, day numbers, etc. so it'd probably need to be customized for the setting.

thrylax
June 21st, 2007, 16:24
It depends on what you want to do. Ptolus provides a nice picture calendar that I imported as an imaged and just move a token on the calendar and share that with the players when they want to see that date.

Something generic could easily be written as a windowclass and a button that opens it from the desktop. Only issue is different settings may use vastly different week numbers, day numbers, etc. so it'd probably need to be customized for the setting.

I am still new to Fantasy Grounds so I don't know a whole lot about how to code for it. I have had some experience scripting for Tribes 2 and Neverwinter Nights so I'm sure I could learn easily enough. What language does FG use for scripting and are there any resources available for me to learn from?
As for different month names and the like, I'm sure I could figure out how to make the appropriate changes or my campaign if there were already a calender for me to base one off of. Has anybody made any such calender yet and if so could you please provide one for me to reference?
Thanks in advance

Griogre
June 21st, 2007, 18:00
You don't need to code this just drop an image in FG2 in the campaign's image folder and move an arrow or token along the image so show what date it is. FG2 uses lua for scripting, though.

IE here's an image of my calandar:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/Calendar.png

And here it is in FG2 with an arrow pointing to the current date:
https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/CalandarSample.png

thrylax
June 22nd, 2007, 07:08
You don't need to code this just drop an image in FG2 in the campaign's image folder and move an arrow or token along the image so show what date it is. FG2 uses lua for scripting, though.

Thanks for the tips.....that'll work fine for the here and now, but I think I am going to work on something a bit more complex. If nothing else it should give me an opportunity to learn about scripting with lua. I was thinking of something that uses a series of check boxes or maybe something similar to the way the character sheet keeps track of ammo for missile weapons. Not sure yet. But if I make any headway I'll post my results back in the forums if anybody is interested.

nezzir
June 22nd, 2007, 12:16
I have had some experience scripting for Tribes 2

Just curious, do you frequent the website "Tribalwar"?

<--- Hive_Tyrant

thrylax
June 22nd, 2007, 22:02
Just curious, do you frequent the website "Tribalwar"?

I haven't been there lately.....don't even play Tribes 2 all that much lately. But I used to go there quite a bit.

DNH
December 17th, 2007, 10:42
Does anyone know if there has been any progress with an in-game calendar and/or timepiece in the intervening months since this last post. I am about to reboot my campaign and would very much like these tools if they are available.

Thanks.