PDA

View Full Version : MGT2 v1.2.3

MadBeardMan
February 16th, 2021, 00:03
Evening Folks,

v1.2.2. should be released today, and it's got a lot of updates required to keep in line with CoreRPG. There were a few bits but nothing much.

Now with those updates out of the way we can plan the next release, now that Pirates is ready I'm taking a step back from conversions to focus on the ruleset, and this one I want to focus on the SCT.

Due to speaking to SuperTeddy, I've spent a lot of time making Traveller work alongside how Starfinder works. So I changed a lot of this version, apologies!

Party Sheet Ships Tab On the Party Sheet there's now a Ships Tab. The Referee can drag your Ship into it and from there you'll see a list of Crew List and some basic ship data
Party Sheet Ships Tab Crew Drag your PC onto the Crew List and they'll appear, defaulting to Passenger
PC Ships Tab On the PC sheets you'll now have your own Ships Tab. On this you'll have your access to the Crew Role (and can change it here), plus the Ships Actions, click the 'View' next to the Ship you want to interact with
Party Sheet Ships Tab Crew The Referee can also drag NPCs onto the Crew List, those NPC's have a 'details' button to the right of their name/role, click this for a Mini-NPC sheet
Subdermal Armour. The bug with Subdermal Armour has been fixed
Lighting Effects Have added the missing Lighting Effects
Spacecraft Weapon Damage Started to tidy up the damage types and now if none is set in the Damage field, the traits are checked before defaulting to Laser

This list scratches the surface really. I'm quite pleased that there's finally a way through to sharing Ships with PCs and not requiring the Referee do it all. I'm also keen to follow SFRPG as much as possible as it means you learn one system, you learn two.

With this in mind, NPC's will be having their 'actions' re-built soon to fit in with PC's/Ships. As you'll hopefully noticed on the PC Sheets, both Standard Weapons and Ship Weapons follow the same layout and work the same.

Cheers MBM (and the rest of the team).

MrWigggles
February 16th, 2021, 18:12
Thanks

johnecc
February 17th, 2021, 12:42
Now with those updates out of the way we can plan the next release, not that Pirates is ready I'm taking a step back from conversions

I am assuming you meant to say “NOW that Pirates is ready”

MadBeardMan
February 17th, 2021, 12:54
I am assuming you meant to say “NOW that Pirates is ready”

Good spot, edited!

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 21st, 2021, 16:43
Hi Folks,

Have started on this update, here's what I've done so far.

Minimum Damage. Fixed a bug with applying Damage that always applied a Minimum of 1 when the effect was less than the required 6
Fonts. Have increased fonts across the board, tidied up the colouring for less contrast issues on smaller text

If you use Twitter you can find examples of the font resize/colouring work that's been ongoing. Here's an old school image, you should see the Desktop buttons are clearer (and note I've removed PSI as an override). The font size for these buttons has increased from 16 to 21 and Boon/Bane has received a wider box. Same with Sidebar.

I've also decided to swap out the Yellow to an off-white, this reduces contrast issues. On Character Sheets etc, the Blue 'Headings' are now Black, same goes with the Effect updates in the Chat window. Personally, I feel it's very cold, but a lot easier to read.

Cheers,
MBM

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
March 10th, 2021, 01:35
I don't know if you've seen this yet, but if you want to see the results of your hard work check out the last graphic, the month to month session count. It is a huge increase from the year prior.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/reports/2020Q4/

MadBeardMan
March 10th, 2021, 09:48
I don't know if you've seen this yet, but if you want to see the results of your hard work check out the last graphic, the month to month session count. It is a huge increase from the year prior.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/reports/2020Q4/

Hi Esmdev,

Yea I've seen this, it's a lovely improvement (I think - I don't have access to last years), but I know it's progress and that's just awesome.

Next stop, more games than 2E :)

Loads of more Traveller stuff coming over summer, I can't wait for you all to let me know what you think of Pirates.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
April 5th, 2021, 14:16
So how is 1.2.3 coming along?

Xargun

GregRex
April 6th, 2021, 17:35
So how is 1.2.3 coming along?

Xargun

Hmm, I bet we hear on Friday :)

Xargun
April 20th, 2021, 16:20
Any updates on the next update ?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
April 20th, 2021, 17:49
Any updates on the next update ?

Xargun

Hi Xargun,

Soon as I can, I've got the beast of a book MoN sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close and recently I've got Pirates out, so clearing the decks of conversions at the moment to allow me to focus on the ruleset. I won't give a date but it'll be as soon as I can as I know I'm late!

Sorry,
MBM

Xargun
April 20th, 2021, 18:15
Hi Xargun,

Soon as I can, I've got the beast of a book MoN sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close and recently I've got Pirates out, so clearing the decks of conversions at the moment to allow me to focus on the ruleset. I won't give a date but it'll be as soon as I can as I know I'm late!

Sorry,
MBM

No probs - just haven't heard much from you lately and wanted to make sure everything was still good.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
April 26th, 2021, 13:19
Hi All,

Back in the world (or universe) of Traveller this week, still got a few things to finish for v1.2.3 but I'm on with them this evening.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
April 26th, 2021, 15:27
yip!

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2021, 01:38
Hi Folks,

Edited the first post here, v1.2.3 as been re-worked as a bring inline with SFRPG and how it does stuff with regards to ships, it means that things like Power, Criticals, Cargo and other such things can finally be worked through the Party Sheet, think of that as the Party and Ships Sheet.

I've posted on my Twitter a poll on what v1.2.4 should be all about, Power & Criticals or Cargo Management. You can comment here if you don't use Twitter.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 24th, 2021, 03:45
Hi Folks,

Edited the first post here, v1.2.3 as been re-worked as a bring inline with SFRPG and how it does stuff with regards to ships, it means that things like Power, Criticals, Cargo and other such things can finally be worked through the Party Sheet, think of that as the Party and Ships Sheet.

I've posted on my Twitter a poll on what v1.2.4 should be all about, Power & Criticals or Cargo Management. You can comment here if you don't use Twitter.

Cheers,
MBM

It sounds like a good plan. Go team! :)

Xargun
May 24th, 2021, 13:17
Hi Folks,

Cheers,
MBM

I like both ideas but if I had to pick one I would say Power & Criticals.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2021, 14:21
I like both ideas but if I had to pick one I would say Power & Criticals.

Xargun

Hi Xargun

On my Twitter it's 5/3 towards Power and Crits.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 24th, 2021, 17:47
Hi Xargun

On my Twitter it's 5/3 towards Power and Crits.

Cheers,
MBM

I don't have Twitter but would vote Power & Crit first as well, although it would be nice for cargo to be a quick follow-up. :)

Do you have a lot of people on Twitter that aren't here? There is a voting function on the forum.

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2021, 17:50
Yea as I find this forum clunky when it comes to polls, so I'll just join the two. But Power & Crit is first now. Cargo will be soon. Need to think how to organise by the hold/locker etc.

Cheers,
MBM

Grommit57
May 24th, 2021, 21:23
No Twitter here either. Power and Criticals would be my vote.

MadBeardMan
May 24th, 2021, 23:46
No Twitter here either. Power and Criticals would be my vote.

Well so far the results are:

Ships Power & Criticals 61.5%
Cargo Management 38.5%

It should finish soon and so I'd think it would be Power & Crit, which is my preferred.

Awesome.

MadBeardMan
May 26th, 2021, 13:14
Hi Folks,

So the poll finished, 21 of you lovely people voted, it's Power & Criticals and then Cargo. Thanks for taking part here and on Twitter.

Going to push v1.2.3. tonight, wanted just to fix an issue with Missiles, it's setting the damage type to Laser for them, naughty code.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2021, 14:29
Folks,

Have sent this off to SmiteWorks. It's the weekend, so I hope come Monday they push this into the TEST channel, for release a week later, on the 8th June 2021.

If you have the time, please in FGU switch to the 'TEST' channel and give it a go (when it's there!)

Just like SW Official products I've started to add a date to the chat window, so you'll know how current things are.

Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.2.3 (2021-05-29)

Now onto the next update, Power Management and Critical Hits are the focus.

Cheers,
MBM