PDA

View Full Version : Classic Issues

Kethevin
February 15th, 2021, 23:30
Anytime I try to open Fantasy Grounds Unity, Classic loads instead. What do I do?

I have created a new APP and DATA folder, but Classic continues to load.

I have tried entering the CD key from both Steam and the webiste for Unity, and it shows red in the box. To be clear, both the CD key I have showing on Steam, and the one on the website both come up red... invalid.

Sulimo
February 15th, 2021, 23:39
What OS are you using?

If Windows, I would guess your FGU icon is pointing to the FGC executable.

FGC is typically located at c:\program files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds

While FGU is typically located at c:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds

The above assumes you chose the defaults when installing.

If you go to the location for FGU and right-click on the FantasyGrounds.exe file, you can create a shortcut. You can then rename it if desired (I named mine Fantasy Grounds Unity, I also renamed the shortcut for FGC to Fantasy Grounds Classic).

I am not sure about the License key thing you are seeing. Note that FGC keys will not work in FGU and FGU keys will not work in FGC. I don't know if that is the issue or something else.

However, License Key issues are probably best handled by support (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals).

Kethevin
February 15th, 2021, 23:40
Windows 10 with Steam. :-0)

I have running it directly from Steam.

Sulimo
February 16th, 2021, 00:00
I do not believe that matters. The steam version is just a wrapper for the standard installer. You can find the exe files as I mentioned above.

That would get you going until the issue could be sorted out on the steam side.

There is nothing gained by launching the application via Steam, no overlays, no matchmaking. The only thing it will track is how much you use it.