PDA

View Full Version : Effect coding for : half spell level as damage bonus / 1/4 item level as damage bonus

Jacknight
February 15th, 2021, 18:06
Hello,

I'm trying to code an effect for the "Burn it!" Gobelin feat (for PF2E) :
"Fire fascinates you. Your spells and alchemical items that deal fire damage gain a status bonus to damage equal to half the spell's level or one-quarter the item's level (minimum 1). You also gain a +1 status bonus to any persistent fire damage you deal."

I looked for an effect that match this into the wiki but didn't found anything : https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects (I know it's 5E but the code works the same)

Anyone 's got any idea ?

Thanks

Trenloe
February 15th, 2021, 20:07
I'd strongly recommend you use the PF2 Wiki effects page for PF2, not the 5E effects page. Get to the correct effects page through the Wiki -> User Manual -> Available Rulesets -> PFRPG2 -> PFRPG2 Effects, or by clicking on the ? icon in top right of the campaign conditions/effects window.

Having said that, there isn't an effect to do half the spells level or one quarter the item level.

You can use a damage action entry in a "spell" with the Mult x Stat section set to 0.5 x Spell Level.