PDA

View Full Version : Chat frame and languages

Jimlock
February 15th, 2021, 16:22
Hello,
Is it possible to associate a specific language to the paragraph type "Chat frame" ?
If so, it should be quick and simple to reveal runes in dwarven, for instance ...
Thanks

Kelrugem
February 15th, 2021, 16:25
Hello,
Is it possible to associate a specific language to the paragraph type "Chat frame" ?
If so, it should be quick and simple to reveal runes in dwarven, for instance ...
Thanks

Go into the settings of a campaign, there is some button for adding new languages :) You can also assign different fonts to it :)

Talyn
February 15th, 2021, 16:30
Hello,
Thanks

Nope :( That's another oversight that seems very obvious and you wonder how it's gone this long without being addressed. Someone recently hacked out some sort of extension to pull this off but an official client-level or CoreRPG-level (whichever handles the chat frame markup) solution would be great. For now I think all you can do is manually select the language prior to clicking the chat frame icon.

Jimlock
February 15th, 2021, 16:33
For now I think all you can do is manually select the language prior to clicking the chat frame icon.

I tried it, but it doesn't work :(

Kelrugem
February 15th, 2021, 16:40
aah, sorry, I misunderstood the question, you are actually speaking about this chat frame of stories, and not the language selection at the border of the chat frame :D

Jimlock
February 15th, 2021, 18:11
aah, sorry, I misunderstood the question, you are actually speaking about this chat frame of stories, and not the language selection at the border of the chat frame :D

That's it. But thanks for the tips

DCrumb
February 16th, 2021, 02:07
If I am understanding correctly, in a story entry, there is a caption that is to be used as direct dialog/explanation. Instead of double clicking the quote bubble icon, drag the icon into the chat entry box and then select the language. Then hit enter (or select the language, drag the quote, and then hit enter).

Jimlock
February 16th, 2021, 08:42
Yes, it works ! Thanks a lot DCrumb !