PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Proficiency

Stargrove
February 14th, 2021, 19:38
I have noted that when you add a new weapon to your inventory that the proficiency with that weapon (if you are proficient) does not seem to be getting picked up on the Abilities tab. I always have to go and manually go to the Abilities tab, click on the magnifying glass and select the proper proficiency level. I am not sure if this is supposed to be automated or not but wanted to check and see.

Trenloe
February 14th, 2021, 20:18
Auto setting of a weapon proficiency is not currently automated. You need to set that manually per weapon, and the proficiency bonus will then be automatically calculated for you. In release 18 or 19 this will be more automated, there'll be a similar section in the combat tab to the current defense proficiencies - but with the slightly different functionality needed for attack proficiencies.

Stargrove
February 14th, 2021, 20:58
I see that release 17 was in July of last year. Is 18 coming soon?

Trenloe
February 14th, 2021, 21:01
Nearly, maybe, possibly. The big core ruleset update coming next week has delayed my plans. But I hope to get an interim release out soon(ish).

There's been many iterative updates to release 17 - it's at 17e now, so it hasn't just sat still since July.