PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Modules Broken?

sloejack
June 19th, 2007, 23:38
On 05/14 - 05/22 I created 10 adventure modules using the /export function within FG2.

All 10 modules are part of a linked series and after I created them I started a fresh campaign and loaded the modules into it, each one loaded fine and I could have multiple open at the same time and not have any issues with the story frame as each module would load its data under the same 5 banners I had created to group the types of data.

Today I attempted to do the same thing and it does not seem to work at all and in fact causes FG2 to crash in some conditions. When I open one module it loads fine into the story area. When I load the next module, instead of it using the same banners as the first module it spawns a duplicate set that exceeds the width of the frame. I can only assume something changed in the client to break the desired behavior it had before. Now when I have these modules open, if I try to open more than two at a time it's possible the client becomes unstable so that when I attempt to close one it may crash to desktop.

Callum
June 21st, 2007, 10:12
I reported an almost identical issue two weeks ago:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6522

There haven't been any replies to that post, I'm afraid!

sloejack
June 23rd, 2007, 15:36
That's unfortunate, hopefully there is a response soon since this is more than just annoying.

nezzir
June 23rd, 2007, 16:02
I had similar problems. My work around was to open the modules then quickly exit out of the game (sometimes I had to do them one at a time). When I went back in they seemed to open OK. Once all the modules were open and the campaign state saved, I stopped having issues with it.

Good luck.

sloejack
June 23rd, 2007, 17:42
Not quite the solution I'd like for putting something together for distribution.

Griogre
June 24th, 2007, 02:53
Did you tell the modules to share the same tabs when you exported them?

sloejack
June 26th, 2007, 16:28
I don't recall. Off hand I don't think so because I was under the impression that was only used with the Library but I'll look tonight just in case.

Griogre
June 26th, 2007, 17:51
When the they made the change so a modules tabs didn't combine any more they added a line in the export module called Merge ID. Make sure all your modules where you want the tabs combined have the same Merge ID. It works fine for me in a test but when I was testing it I just had trival tabs.

sloejack
June 27th, 2007, 02:16
I must have missed that one, thanks for pointing it out. Wierd that it worked before when I originally made and tested the modules without that. anyway, thanks again.

Griogre
June 27th, 2007, 02:36
There were a series of bugs in the way tabs worked with modules. They fixed them and changed how tabs worked a few times over a series of versions.

Glad to help.

Callum
June 27th, 2007, 10:31
When the they made the change so a modules tabs didn't combine any more they added a line in the export module called Merge ID. Make sure all your modules where you want the tabs combined have the same Merge ID.
Thanks for the tip, Griogre! But how can you set the merge ID for the base campaign? Maybe not everyone does it this way, but I have a base campaign which holds the PCs and details of their home base, etc. I then make adventures and export them as modules, and load the current adventure into the base campaign. I would like the module tabs to merge with the tabs I have in the base campaign.

Griogre
June 27th, 2007, 19:04
I use almost the same setup. I would suggest you export the home base as a module and only keep the characters in your "base" campaign. There is not much reason to have their home loaded if they are not there and then you can give it a Merge ID.