PDA

View Full Version : updater stuck on fonts/diemod.fgf

sbkp
June 19th, 2007, 20:38
It's been about an hour and a half, with my CPU pegged at 100% (okay, well, one core at 50%). It downloaded a bunch of stuff before this, one of which took a long time (another font), but it's stuck here.

Thanks for any help....

sbkp
June 20th, 2007, 06:41
More info if it helps (kinda doubt it)...

My network connection reports no traffic while the updater is stuck. No packets in either direction, apparently.

:confused:

Ged
June 20th, 2007, 20:39
If this problem persists, please send e-mail to support at fantasygrounds.com. Include your order number or e-mail address used in purchasing the license. Has anyone else had this problem?

sbkp
June 20th, 2007, 20:48
Thanks. Email sent.

elrond3012
November 8th, 2007, 00:15
I am having the same problem. If I cancel the update and try again it sometimes moves onto the next file, but eventually it gets stuck. I've had it stop on regularbolditalic.fgf and modcollectorlabel.fgf as well as Diemod.fgf.

I've had the problem occur on three PCs, each with a fresh download of the installer. Repeated uninstall/reinstall and registry edits don't help. Also, the CPU is working at 50% on UpdaterEngine.exe, even though network connection is at 0%.

sbkp
November 8th, 2007, 00:21
I had to get help from support -- they sent me a fixed package (or something -- I don't remember the details). I'd send them an email if I were you. Best of luck.

sbkp
December 5th, 2007, 17:31
One of the other guys in my group is having the same problem. I'll have him contact support.

Xathic
December 8th, 2007, 22:02
I am also getting stuck in the exact same place. What did you do to get it resolved? Something from Fantasy Grounds support? What exactly did you tell them, so that I can duplicate the request? Thanks.

sbkp
December 8th, 2007, 22:08
Yeah, I contacted them by email and just sent a link to this thread :)

They posted some magic for me to download. I haven't used FG much since then, naturally, as RL has intruded to a great degree... :(

Xathic
December 12th, 2007, 05:00
How long does it take to get a response from support? I know, it's only been 3 days, but I'm a bit anxious now that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Xathic
December 15th, 2007, 05:20
Still waiting for some sort of response to the email that I sent to [email protected] on December 8.

elrond3012
December 17th, 2007, 15:16
Still waiting for some sort of response to the email that I sent to [email protected] on December 8.

I'm still waiting for a reply to a message sent November 8 too. I sent a second one last week but no response to that one either. Let us know if you get something back.

Griogre
December 17th, 2007, 22:42
PM them if it has been more than a few days. I remember their spam filter was a problem in another case.

Xathic
December 19th, 2007, 22:04
PM who? support@fantasygrounds? How does one accomplish that?

Mellock
December 19th, 2007, 23:20
Goblin-King: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=6424

Dupre: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=7349

Ged: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?find=lastposter&t=5692

You can click on the links to go to their profile. There is an option to send a Private Message there. Ged seems to be most active on the forums lately.

sbkp
December 29th, 2007, 20:38
well... installing a new machine now, and I have the same problem I had many moons ago :(

I'm stuck at "updating FantasyGrounds.exe"

Xathic
December 31st, 2007, 03:29
sbkp, Ged from support tells me that they have no recollection of a fix for this problem. Do you think you could give more details from what they told you, when you got the problem fixed? Thanks.

sbkp
December 31st, 2007, 03:52
They posted a d20.pak file for me to download. But this isn't even getting that far -- it's stuck updating the executable :(

bromidic
April 3rd, 2008, 15:33
I have recently moved and as a result my desktop computer is in storage. I installed Fantasy grounds on my laptop to continue working on my campaign. Unfortunately, the auto updater has been freezing up right after installation. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times. This solution only lead to a minor success, in that the updater moved past the .exe and froze on a font update. I searched the forums and the only advice I was able to find on this exact problem was to contact support. I have since emailed you this message twice. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. I was also hopeful that a clearer answer or description of the exact problem could be posted on the forums, as I am not the only one to experience this technical bug.

Respectfully,
Bromidic