PDA

View Full Version : API Lighting control

SilentRuin
February 12th, 2021, 20:03
I know lighting will not have any API available in the first release. But are there plans to expose the engine API calls necessary to do the following?

Ability to turn on/off PC/NPC lighting and the type of lighting it is.

Idea being if I equip a torch I'd like a way to immediately turn on the light of a torch - unequip it then turn it off. Same for any other type of item where I can associate a light (object? setting?) with on the PC/NPC.

Idea being -
Equip/Unequip magic sword
Equip/Unequip torch
Equip/Unequip candle
Equip/Unequip lantern
Equip/Unequip any item

And have that item - or look it up in some table - in order to add(equip)/remove(unequip) that lighting source definition/object to the PC/NPC.

Food for thought.

Griogre
February 12th, 2021, 22:46
You will also want to be able to keep the light equipped but turn off the light or change the light's radius or type.

SilentRuin
February 12th, 2021, 23:08
You will also want to be able to keep the light equipped but turn off the light or change the light's radius or type.

Not suggesting they change what they are doing. If you've seen the demo video you can see the light is placed static on map or travels around with the token. I'm just asking what they expose in an API for any extension/ruleset development.

Moon Wizard
February 15th, 2021, 03:17
We will get the lighting working with the existing rulesets first before we look at any APIs for other capabilities.

Regards,
JPG