PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

deanofcool
February 11th, 2021, 16:05
I am new to these forums and am looking to join a rpg group to join for a regular gaming session. I have a microphone and limited webcam functionality and i'm not too sure where to start. It's something i've been wanting to get into for a while, and since the pandemic, i feel it might be easier to do this stuff online when able. I have had very limited role play experience a long time ago, maybe 25+ years, so am really wanted to be treated as a totally new player. I am looking to get into call of cthulhu, alien rpg, any mecha vs kaiju or superhero rpgs, but am open to anything really. any advice and help people can give would be greatly appreciated.

BubaDragon
February 11th, 2021, 17:26
How familiar are you with Fantasy Grounds?
What type of license do you have (not a deal breaker in most cases, but good info to know)?

The one thing many people forget is that really there are two "humps" to get over,
- Getting familiar with Fantasy Grounds
- Getting familiar with your ruleset of choice

I would be more than happy to help you navigate getting familiar with Fantasy Grounds.
I live in the 5e ruleset and would be more than happy to help you navigate that, as for Call of Cthulhu, Alien RPG, or others, I'm afraid I'm not versed in that...

Feel free to PM me.

deanofcool
February 11th, 2021, 17:34
in short. i'm not. totally new, but you have to start somewhere right? just trying to make sure i'm in the right location to begin with.

apeters89
February 11th, 2021, 19:09
Looking for new players for a 2E D&D campaign. Looking to start on Saturday evenings, probably bi=weekly. If interested in a 2E D&D campaign, get DISCORD and look my server AndyPete #6691.

spoofer
February 11th, 2021, 22:29
What is your time zone? What days of weeks and times work for you? What is your license? I want to run an ALIEN campaign in the EST time zone (GMT-5) but I cannot find players. :(