PDA

View Full Version : Rippers / Rippers Resurrected - Feedback/Questions/Updates

Doswelk
February 11th, 2021, 15:35
This will be the "official" thread to discuss Rippers/Rippers Resurrected. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

Rippers Setting:
Rippers Player Guide
Rippers GM Guide

Rippers Companion:
Rippers Companion
Rippers Companion GM

Rippers Combat Maps

Rippers Resurrected:
Rippers Resurrected Player's Guide
Rippers Resurrected Gms Handbook

Rippers Resurrected Frightful Expeditions

Rippers Resurrected Expeditions:
Expeditions
Expeditions: Amazon
Expeditions: South Pacific

(Future DLC)

Valyar
February 11th, 2021, 16:05
I haven't purchased this setting yet, but I seriously consider it. So the question is: Is the content of Resurrected edition converted to SWADE as it was done with B&B (I hope I remember correctly, still haven't had a change to run proper campaign there)?

Doswelk
February 11th, 2021, 16:45
Rippers resurrected has SWADE and SWD modules.

i3ullseye
February 12th, 2021, 06:21
Have these not been posted to the store yet? Everything I see is rules/books released a few years ago that say they require SWD to run. I know many things will 'upconvert', but past experience with War of the Dead and Deadlands left quite a bit to be desired.

Doswelk
February 12th, 2021, 06:48
The store is never updated when SWADE versions are added :(

The new Rippers Products are SWADE so the ruleset needs to be as well :)

Trenloe
February 12th, 2021, 10:42
Good idea to keep things in one place. :)

The store is never updated when SWADE versions are added :(
I don't want to add more work to FG developers/converters... However, I find the only way that the store description will change is if the converter/developer of the product writes to the SmiteWorks production manager and asks for changes to the store page.

Springroll
February 16th, 2021, 08:20
This will be the "official" thread to discuss Rippers/Rippers Resurrected. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

Rippers Setting:
Rippers Player Guide
Rippers GM Guide

Rippers Companion:
Rippers Companion
Rippers Companion GM

Rippers Combat Maps

Rippers Resurrected:
Rippers Resurrected Player's Guide
Rippers Resurrected Gms Handbook

Rippers Resurrected Frightful Expeditions

Rippers Resurrected Expeditions:
Expeditions
Expeditions: Amazon
Expeditions: South Pacific

(Future DLC)

Stupid question, but what has been updated? I can't see anything different :)

Hawkboy71
February 22nd, 2021, 00:00
Has anyone else ever noticed that in The Rippers GM Handbook that the 5th chapter of the plot point campaign "An Old Acquaintance", just ends abruptly before you get to enter Dracula's castle??? Maybe mine is messed up somehow or I'm doing something wrong. But it deffo is incomplete for me

YggBjorn
February 24th, 2021, 07:32
I have never opened up the module till now, but it does seem to end abruptly does anyone have the PDF?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=44205&stc=1&d=1614151874

Doswelk
February 24th, 2021, 07:40
It is missing the end :s

That said the whole SWADE conversion I did seems to have gone (from my hard drive), so looks like I'm doing that again :(

TomtheBu
February 24th, 2021, 12:42
I can check my paperback version of the Rippers Resurrected GM Handbook later on and give report regarding the correct ending of chapter 5.

Another bidding, today I read, that some of the SW Settings were splitted into Setting and Theme. Is it also possible to split the Rippers Setting and Theme, to use the Rippers Setting with other Desktop Themes?

Hawkboy71
February 24th, 2021, 15:44
Oh I know how it ends as I have the books (which I hurriedly dug out)... I thought I should report it though as it was a bit of a pain for me to deal with (I was worried I had a buggy download from Steam or something). Luckily I found Castle Dracula Castle map in the images section. So that helped.

PikeWake
February 28th, 2021, 13:25
I have found a couple of problems with the lodges in Rippers resurrected.
I'm running FGU with SWADE and the Rippers Resurrected ruleset - no other extensions.

First of all, the "Lodge Table" from page 35 in the RR players' handbook is missing in FG. This makes the modifiers rule really confusing, even though the lodge record updates the modifier field as the lodge gains levels.

Also, adding a facility or edge to a lodge causes the following error:

Script execution error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_ability.lua"]:32: attempt to call field 'getActorShortcut' (a nil value)

The facilities and edges are added, and automation (e.g. for "purpose built") works, but the error message is annoying.

TomtheBu
March 13th, 2021, 16:55
Hi, I have to ask again, because my first request came to nothing:

Is it maybe possible to use the Gothic Desktop Theme (or any other SW compatible Theme) with the Rippers Resurrected Setting without loading the Rippers Resurrected Desktop Theme as well? (strictly speaking split the original theme and setting).
At the first look all is perfect and the Gothic Theme seems to fit, but on closer inspection there are some small issues with the Theme, like missing the chat input field.

Thanks in advance :)

Doswelk
March 14th, 2021, 18:47
Hi, I have to ask again, because my first request came to nothing:

Is it maybe possible to use the Gothic Desktop Theme (or any other SW compatible Theme) with the Rippers Resurrected Setting without loading the Rippers Resurrected Desktop Theme as well? (strictly speaking split the original theme and setting).
At the first look all is perfect and the Gothic Theme seems to fit, but on closer inspection there are some small issues with the Theme, like missing the chat input field.

Thanks in advance :)

The Theme and Setting will be split when I redo the SWADE update. (this will work for both SWADE and SWD)

TomtheBu
March 15th, 2021, 15:13
Ok, thank you for the reply. The Theme works to some extend, so it's not that bad. :)

Springroll
July 30th, 2021, 08:12
Is the SWADE update completed? In my Rippers Resurrected GM Handbook there's also no Reference Manual, am I missing something?

Doswelk
July 30th, 2021, 23:32
Nope still on the list

Springroll
July 31st, 2021, 04:48
Nope still on the list

Great to hear! I thought my FGU was making fun of me ��

sjbehindthescreen
December 21st, 2021, 21:45
After the December UI update, I just noticed the Rippers Resurrected theme really washes out the sidebar font color. Does anyone else see this or know a way to lighten it up?

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2021, 01:22
Just pushed a hot fix to adjust the colors until the theme developer can fine tune it how they like. Please run a Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

sjbehindthescreen
December 22nd, 2021, 02:29
Just pushed a hot fix to adjust the colors until the theme developer can fine tune it how they like. Please run a Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

Perfect, that is much better. Thanks!

hazelnocker
May 13th, 2023, 20:33
Hi there I am having trouble with the Rippertech section in the Rippers Resurrected Player's Guide none of the links to the equipment function/open and I am not able to drag them to characters.

Moon Wizard
May 14th, 2023, 01:16
Make sure that you enable the extension "Setting: Rippers Resurrected" on the launch screen for that campaign before starting the campaign. This will enable any RR specific capabilities.

If you're still having an issue, please let us know which links to follow to see the issue you are seeing.
With the extension loaded, I tried "Rippers Resurrected Players Guide" -> Rippertech -> Click on any link in that list. I was able to see the rippertech item details.

Regards,
JPG

hazelnocker
May 14th, 2023, 04:06
Yup that fixed it thanks so much!
SC