PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: The Weird West - Feedback/Questions/Updates

Doswelk
February 11th, 2021, 15:26
This will be the "official" thread to discuss Deadlands Weird West. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

Deadlands Weird West:
Player Guide
Marshal Guide

Deadlands Weird West Companion:
Player Guide
Marshal Guide
Plot Point Campaign (The Horse Eater)

Horror at Headstone Hill

BloodDrive

(Future DLC)

Valyar
February 11th, 2021, 16:02
The Horse Eater is PPC?

PS: I just realized that such module exists. Where are the Savage Tales?

YamaShintaku
February 19th, 2021, 01:51
Hi Kevin. Awesome job! Here's something I noticed... Powers on the PC sheet do not have a reference icon (that little brown circular shield thingy) at all. However, when I click that blank area, it does open the power as if the icon was there... Odd?

Also... Auto Consume: Ammo does not appear to be working.

mac40k
February 19th, 2021, 13:27
It’s not just Deadlands, I reported the Auto Consume: Ammo being broken in the update 5.2 thread. Maybe need a new thread specifically for this issue to call attention to it?

Sauce101
February 21st, 2021, 16:03
Am I confused or shouldn't this require and be listed under the Adventure Edition? Was having trouble finding it in the store.

tpkurilla
February 21st, 2021, 22:54
I am not seeing the "True Believer" Edge from DLWW page 56.

Will work with homemade version for now.

Never mind, I found it listed elsewhere.

Would be nice to have a "master list" that I could just type in the name...like with items.

TheDarkMantle
February 22nd, 2021, 13:35
I am not seeing the "True Believer" Edge from DLWW page 56.

Will work with homemade version for now.

Never mind, I found it listed elsewhere.

Would be nice to have a "master list" that I could just type in the name...like with items.

I found it in the master list of feats no problem. I just opened FGU to double check. Perhaps you had the SWADE book, or another source set as a filter in the Group box?

mac40k
February 22nd, 2021, 13:41
Am I confused or shouldn't this require and be listed under the Adventure Edition? Was having trouble finding it in the store.

I agree. I doesn’t do any good to have separate filters in the drop down selection if the biggest release for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition can only be found using the Savage Worlds filter and not the one you would expect it to be under. Might as well not bother with separating them out if the items aren’t filtering correctly.

tpkurilla
February 22nd, 2021, 21:24
I found it in the master list of feats no problem. I just opened FGU to double check. Perhaps you had the SWADE book, or another source set as a filter in the Group box?

When you say "feats" do you mean Edges? My current FGU does not show any "master list" like my FGC did.

Where does one find a "master list"?

In my FGU, when I open the "Library", I do not get *any* categories listed up top, just the modules I have open along the left side.

TheDarkMantle
February 23rd, 2021, 02:40
When you say "feats" do you mean Edges? My current FGU does not show any "master list" like my FGC did.

In my FGU, when I open the "Library", I do not get *any* categories listed up top, just the modules I have open along the left side.

Sorry, I did mean edges. I have been bouncing between D&D 5e and SWADE.

Change your sidebar to show Edges, and then click on edges. It's on page 2 of the list.

TheDarkMantle
February 23rd, 2021, 02:45

you can also get to it in the book by going to the Blessed details area. Or clicking on Blessed Edges.

tpkurilla
February 23rd, 2021, 03:16
Sorry, I did mean edges. I have been bouncing between D&D 5e and SWADE.

Change your sidebar to show Edges, and then click on edges. It's on page 2 of the list.

Thanks, that's just what I needed!

YamaShintaku
February 23rd, 2021, 18:26
Hi. I am not able to unlock any images, nor NPCs in Deadlands WW. The lock icon says "Read Only." In other Savage Worlds games I can unlock and adjust gridlines. Any ideas why this would be happening only in Deadlands. Does anyone else have this issue?

I know I can simply make a copy of individual items, but that is a pain when doing dozens of tiny adjustments...

Is the module set to Read Only? Does it have to be?

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 00:46
In ranged weapons you have "nitroclycerin"; which I believe should be spelled "nitroglycerin." I believe PEG misspelled it in the Explosives title (pg 32)

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 01:15
Ok, last comment/idea for the evening:

Is there a way in Deadlands WW to do Dueling, Dealing with the Devil, and even Poker matches? I saw Kevin's video on dueling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzKoLlNbao

But, I was wondering if there are plans to make it a more robust and easy to follow system? A poker table would be awesome where you have the option of hiding player's cards (even from the GM).

Pie in the sky....? I guess I'm just kind of wish listing out loud... Thoughts? Ideas?

TheDarkMantle
February 24th, 2021, 01:17
Ok, last comment/idea for the evening:

Is there a way in Deadlands TWW to do Dueling, Dealing with the Devil, and even Poker matches? I saw Kevin's video on dueling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzKoLlNbao

But, I was wondering if there are plans to make it a more robust and easy to follow system? A poker table would be awesome where you have the option of hiding player's cards (even from the GM).

Pie in the sky....? I guess I'm just kind of wish listing out loud... Thoughts? Ideas?

It's in the works. You can learn more in this thread about it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65573-Deadlands-Weird-West-Duels

YggBjorn
February 24th, 2021, 07:39
Hi. I am not able to unlock any images, nor NPCs in Deadlands WW. The lock icon says "Read Only." In other Savage Worlds games I can unlock and adjust gridlines. Any ideas why this would be happening only in Deadlands. Does anyone else have this issue?

I know I can simply make a copy of individual items, but that is a pain when doing dozens of tiny adjustments...

All of the modules from the FG Store are set to read only. You can make a copy of anything by left clicking it and dragging then dropping it back into the window you pulled it from. It works for NPCs, items, Edges, whatever. The copy won't be locked so you can edit it.

Also if the PDF has typos, they have to exist in the module as well. It is part of the license agreement.

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 23:17
All of the modules from the FG Store are set to read only. You can make a copy of anything by left clicking it and dragging then dropping it back into the window you pulled it from. It works for NPCs, items, Edges, whatever. The copy won't be locked so you can edit it.
I'm not sure if that's correct. All of my modules except Deadlands are not read only. If they were read only, you could not turn LOS on and off, adjust grids, turn on mask, and so on...

Also if the PDF has typos, they have to exist in the module as well. It is part of the license agreement.
Makes sense. In this case, the misspelled word was in the title of the section, and they spelled it correct in the item name. But, the item name is misspelled in FGU module.

McAdams
February 25th, 2021, 17:32
Do we also need SWADE to run Deadlands?

IceBear
February 25th, 2021, 19:53
Yes. This is true in pen and paper as well as Fantasy Grounds. SWADE is the actual ruleset. Deadlands is the setting with modifications to the core rules...so you need the core rules (SWADE) to handle the modifications. However, that $9.99 for SWADE is the same as getting the PHB, DMG and MM for 5E for a LOT less.

amerigoV
March 3rd, 2021, 13:58
Potential Errata coming on the Glom
https://www.pegforum.com/forum/deadlands/official-answers-on-deadlands-rules/46027-glom-and-number-of-attacks

ChoTimberwolf
March 4th, 2021, 09:14
The Jackalope Foot doesn't work, if I equip it it shows [$GreatLuck] underneath it but resetting bennies still gives the standard 3, also the Jackalope gives 1 Benny for the wearer and GreatLuck would give 2?

IceBear
March 4th, 2021, 16:14
Not sure that $ is correct...thought all the effects were prefaced with a #.

Try copying the item and editing it to replace the $ with a #

ChoTimberwolf
March 4th, 2021, 16:17
It wasn't a question it was feedback to the module ;)

IceBear
March 4th, 2021, 22:04
I know, it's just with Ikael temporarily out of commission it might be awhile before it gets fixed...was just trying to think of how to get it working for you now if it was a problem :)

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 03:26
Is Horror at Headstone Hill included on FG in any of the DLWW products? Or is that one that is in the works still? Just looking for a starter adventure. There's one in the Companion, I believe, and that may do for us for now.

ChoTimberwolf
March 11th, 2021, 06:41
There should also be thieving magpies and giants in the mist as short adventures in the rules added as onesheets.
Horror at headstone hill is a plot point campaign that I think will come to FG later.

Doswelk
March 11th, 2021, 07:20
Is Horror at Headstone Hill included on FG in any of the DLWW products? Or is that one that is in the works still? Just looking for a starter adventure. There's one in the Companion, I believe, and that may do for us for now.
Finished it waiting for QA

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 15:17
That is awesome!

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 15:19
There should also be thieving magpies and giants in the mist as short adventures in the rules added as onesheets.
Horror at headstone hill is a plot point campaign that I think will come to FG later.

Thanks! I did find a couple of one-sheets in there to get started with, and the "Showdown at Sundown" adventure that is included with the PDF of Weird West Companion would also probably be pretty doable - even though that one states its for Seasoned, after a couple of one-sheets and an advance I could probably start a party on that.

Ikael
March 13th, 2021, 09:27
The Jackalope Foot doesn't work, if I equip it it shows [$GreatLuck] underneath it but resetting bennies still gives the standard 3, also the Jackalope gives 1 Benny for the wearer and GreatLuck would give 2?

The reason is that $ABILITY effects support is only implemented in Combat Tracker. The plan is to implement it elsewhere as well and I decided to add that effect to items already although it is not supported yet. You will need to manage that manually until the implementation is done.

IceBear
March 13th, 2021, 15:22
Welcome back Ikael...I hope you are feeling well

amerigoV
March 13th, 2021, 15:40
Welcome back!

Mike Serfass
March 13th, 2021, 20:02
Welcome back Ikael, and thank you for adding ability effects! That will get used in my games.

YamaShintaku
March 15th, 2021, 17:21
Hi Ikael and Welcome back!

Any word on if the module is set as READ ONLY? And, if it has to be?

Thanks for everything,
Vaughn

Ikael
March 22nd, 2021, 16:44
Hi Ikael and Welcome back!

Any word on if the module is set as READ ONLY? And, if it has to be?

Thanks for everything,
Vaughn

This is by the design like any other setting book. If you want to edit records found in DLWW modules, you need to make copy of it.

YamaShintaku
April 14th, 2021, 01:27
Finished it waiting for QA

Hi Kevin,

Any word back on Q&A of Horror at Headstone Hill?

Waiting with bated breath!

-Vaughn

Doswelk
April 14th, 2021, 10:10
It is in QA, still.

jimweaver
April 14th, 2021, 16:27
Heya - I'm about to run a DLWW campaign, working on prequel material for [email protected] in FGU now. I'm a programmer by profession, and I'd love to help in any way I can. Not sure how the FGU model works in terms of folks adapting game systems to it or porting modules, etc. But if there's anything that I can learn to do that would help - I'm willing!

Mourngrimm
April 23rd, 2021, 13:13
Does anyone know if Blood Drive is in the works and if so the ETA? Thanks.

amerigoV
April 25th, 2021, 01:41
Does anyone know if Blood Drive is in the works and if so the ETA? Thanks.

Following....

Doswelk
April 25th, 2021, 18:08
It will be here when it can be purchased: Deadlands: Blood Drive for Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P10228)

It is in QA right now.

amerigoV
April 26th, 2021, 00:17
It will be here when it can be purchased: Deadlands: Blood Drive for Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P10228)

It is in QA right now.

Oh the link is such a tease as that is my birthday (in the past...).