PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: The Weird West - Feedback/Questions/Updates

Doswelk
February 11th, 2021, 15:26
This will be the "official" thread to discuss Deadlands Weird West. Patch notes will be posted to this thread as well.

Deadlands Weird West:
Player Guide
Marshal Guide

Deadlands Weird West Companion:
Player Guide
Marshal Guide
Plot Point Campaign (The Horse Eater)

Horror at Headstone Hill

BloodDrive

(Future DLC)

Valyar
February 11th, 2021, 16:02
The Horse Eater is PPC?

PS: I just realized that such module exists. Where are the Savage Tales?

YamaShintaku
February 19th, 2021, 01:51
Hi Kevin. Awesome job! Here's something I noticed... Powers on the PC sheet do not have a reference icon (that little brown circular shield thingy) at all. However, when I click that blank area, it does open the power as if the icon was there... Odd?

Also... Auto Consume: Ammo does not appear to be working.

mac40k
February 19th, 2021, 13:27
It’s not just Deadlands, I reported the Auto Consume: Ammo being broken in the update 5.2 thread. Maybe need a new thread specifically for this issue to call attention to it?

Sauce101
February 21st, 2021, 16:03
Am I confused or shouldn't this require and be listed under the Adventure Edition? Was having trouble finding it in the store.

tpkurilla
February 21st, 2021, 22:54
I am not seeing the "True Believer" Edge from DLWW page 56.

Will work with homemade version for now.

Never mind, I found it listed elsewhere.

Would be nice to have a "master list" that I could just type in the name...like with items.

TheDarkMantle
February 22nd, 2021, 13:35
I am not seeing the "True Believer" Edge from DLWW page 56.

Will work with homemade version for now.

Never mind, I found it listed elsewhere.

Would be nice to have a "master list" that I could just type in the name...like with items.

I found it in the master list of feats no problem. I just opened FGU to double check. Perhaps you had the SWADE book, or another source set as a filter in the Group box?

mac40k
February 22nd, 2021, 13:41
Am I confused or shouldn't this require and be listed under the Adventure Edition? Was having trouble finding it in the store.

I agree. I doesn’t do any good to have separate filters in the drop down selection if the biggest release for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition can only be found using the Savage Worlds filter and not the one you would expect it to be under. Might as well not bother with separating them out if the items aren’t filtering correctly.

tpkurilla
February 22nd, 2021, 21:24
I found it in the master list of feats no problem. I just opened FGU to double check. Perhaps you had the SWADE book, or another source set as a filter in the Group box?

When you say "feats" do you mean Edges? My current FGU does not show any "master list" like my FGC did.

Where does one find a "master list"?

In my FGU, when I open the "Library", I do not get *any* categories listed up top, just the modules I have open along the left side.

TheDarkMantle
February 23rd, 2021, 02:40
When you say "feats" do you mean Edges? My current FGU does not show any "master list" like my FGC did.

In my FGU, when I open the "Library", I do not get *any* categories listed up top, just the modules I have open along the left side.

Sorry, I did mean edges. I have been bouncing between D&D 5e and SWADE.

Change your sidebar to show Edges, and then click on edges. It's on page 2 of the list.

TheDarkMantle
February 23rd, 2021, 02:45

you can also get to it in the book by going to the Blessed details area. Or clicking on Blessed Edges.

tpkurilla
February 23rd, 2021, 03:16
Sorry, I did mean edges. I have been bouncing between D&D 5e and SWADE.

Change your sidebar to show Edges, and then click on edges. It's on page 2 of the list.

Thanks, that's just what I needed!

YamaShintaku
February 23rd, 2021, 18:26
Hi. I am not able to unlock any images, nor NPCs in Deadlands WW. The lock icon says "Read Only." In other Savage Worlds games I can unlock and adjust gridlines. Any ideas why this would be happening only in Deadlands. Does anyone else have this issue?

I know I can simply make a copy of individual items, but that is a pain when doing dozens of tiny adjustments...

Is the module set to Read Only? Does it have to be?

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 00:46
In ranged weapons you have "nitroclycerin"; which I believe should be spelled "nitroglycerin." I believe PEG misspelled it in the Explosives title (pg 32)

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 01:15
Ok, last comment/idea for the evening:

Is there a way in Deadlands WW to do Dueling, Dealing with the Devil, and even Poker matches? I saw Kevin's video on dueling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzKoLlNbao

But, I was wondering if there are plans to make it a more robust and easy to follow system? A poker table would be awesome where you have the option of hiding player's cards (even from the GM).

Pie in the sky....? I guess I'm just kind of wish listing out loud... Thoughts? Ideas?

TheDarkMantle
February 24th, 2021, 01:17
Ok, last comment/idea for the evening:

Is there a way in Deadlands TWW to do Dueling, Dealing with the Devil, and even Poker matches? I saw Kevin's video on dueling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWzKoLlNbao

But, I was wondering if there are plans to make it a more robust and easy to follow system? A poker table would be awesome where you have the option of hiding player's cards (even from the GM).

Pie in the sky....? I guess I'm just kind of wish listing out loud... Thoughts? Ideas?

It's in the works. You can learn more in this thread about it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65573-Deadlands-Weird-West-Duels

YggBjorn
February 24th, 2021, 07:39
Hi. I am not able to unlock any images, nor NPCs in Deadlands WW. The lock icon says "Read Only." In other Savage Worlds games I can unlock and adjust gridlines. Any ideas why this would be happening only in Deadlands. Does anyone else have this issue?

I know I can simply make a copy of individual items, but that is a pain when doing dozens of tiny adjustments...

All of the modules from the FG Store are set to read only. You can make a copy of anything by left clicking it and dragging then dropping it back into the window you pulled it from. It works for NPCs, items, Edges, whatever. The copy won't be locked so you can edit it.

Also if the PDF has typos, they have to exist in the module as well. It is part of the license agreement.

YamaShintaku
February 24th, 2021, 23:17
All of the modules from the FG Store are set to read only. You can make a copy of anything by left clicking it and dragging then dropping it back into the window you pulled it from. It works for NPCs, items, Edges, whatever. The copy won't be locked so you can edit it.
I'm not sure if that's correct. All of my modules except Deadlands are not read only. If they were read only, you could not turn LOS on and off, adjust grids, turn on mask, and so on...

Also if the PDF has typos, they have to exist in the module as well. It is part of the license agreement.
Makes sense. In this case, the misspelled word was in the title of the section, and they spelled it correct in the item name. But, the item name is misspelled in FGU module.

McAdams
February 25th, 2021, 17:32
Do we also need SWADE to run Deadlands?

IceBear
February 25th, 2021, 19:53
Yes. This is true in pen and paper as well as Fantasy Grounds. SWADE is the actual ruleset. Deadlands is the setting with modifications to the core rules...so you need the core rules (SWADE) to handle the modifications. However, that $9.99 for SWADE is the same as getting the PHB, DMG and MM for 5E for a LOT less.

amerigoV
March 3rd, 2021, 13:58
Potential Errata coming on the Glom
https://www.pegforum.com/forum/deadlands/official-answers-on-deadlands-rules/46027-glom-and-number-of-attacks

ChoTimberwolf
March 4th, 2021, 09:14
The Jackalope Foot doesn't work, if I equip it it shows [$GreatLuck] underneath it but resetting bennies still gives the standard 3, also the Jackalope gives 1 Benny for the wearer and GreatLuck would give 2?

IceBear
March 4th, 2021, 16:14
Not sure that $ is correct...thought all the effects were prefaced with a #.

Try copying the item and editing it to replace the $ with a #

ChoTimberwolf
March 4th, 2021, 16:17
It wasn't a question it was feedback to the module ;)

IceBear
March 4th, 2021, 22:04
I know, it's just with Ikael temporarily out of commission it might be awhile before it gets fixed...was just trying to think of how to get it working for you now if it was a problem :)

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 03:26
Is Horror at Headstone Hill included on FG in any of the DLWW products? Or is that one that is in the works still? Just looking for a starter adventure. There's one in the Companion, I believe, and that may do for us for now.

ChoTimberwolf
March 11th, 2021, 06:41
There should also be thieving magpies and giants in the mist as short adventures in the rules added as onesheets.
Horror at headstone hill is a plot point campaign that I think will come to FG later.

Doswelk
March 11th, 2021, 07:20
Is Horror at Headstone Hill included on FG in any of the DLWW products? Or is that one that is in the works still? Just looking for a starter adventure. There's one in the Companion, I believe, and that may do for us for now.
Finished it waiting for QA

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 15:17
That is awesome!

jimweaver
March 11th, 2021, 15:19
There should also be thieving magpies and giants in the mist as short adventures in the rules added as onesheets.
Horror at headstone hill is a plot point campaign that I think will come to FG later.

Thanks! I did find a couple of one-sheets in there to get started with, and the "Showdown at Sundown" adventure that is included with the PDF of Weird West Companion would also probably be pretty doable - even though that one states its for Seasoned, after a couple of one-sheets and an advance I could probably start a party on that.

Ikael
March 13th, 2021, 09:27
The Jackalope Foot doesn't work, if I equip it it shows [$GreatLuck] underneath it but resetting bennies still gives the standard 3, also the Jackalope gives 1 Benny for the wearer and GreatLuck would give 2?

The reason is that $ABILITY effects support is only implemented in Combat Tracker. The plan is to implement it elsewhere as well and I decided to add that effect to items already although it is not supported yet. You will need to manage that manually until the implementation is done.

IceBear
March 13th, 2021, 15:22
Welcome back Ikael...I hope you are feeling well

amerigoV
March 13th, 2021, 15:40
Welcome back!

Mike Serfass
March 13th, 2021, 20:02
Welcome back Ikael, and thank you for adding ability effects! That will get used in my games.

YamaShintaku
March 15th, 2021, 17:21
Hi Ikael and Welcome back!

Any word on if the module is set as READ ONLY? And, if it has to be?

Thanks for everything,
Vaughn

Ikael
March 22nd, 2021, 16:44
Hi Ikael and Welcome back!

Any word on if the module is set as READ ONLY? And, if it has to be?

Thanks for everything,
Vaughn

This is by the design like any other setting book. If you want to edit records found in DLWW modules, you need to make copy of it.

YamaShintaku
April 14th, 2021, 01:27
Finished it waiting for QA

Hi Kevin,

Any word back on Q&A of Horror at Headstone Hill?

Waiting with bated breath!

-Vaughn

Doswelk
April 14th, 2021, 10:10
It is in QA, still.

jimweaver
April 14th, 2021, 16:27
Heya - I'm about to run a DLWW campaign, working on prequel material for H@HH in FGU now. I'm a programmer by profession, and I'd love to help in any way I can. Not sure how the FGU model works in terms of folks adapting game systems to it or porting modules, etc. But if there's anything that I can learn to do that would help - I'm willing!

Mourngrimm
April 23rd, 2021, 13:13
Does anyone know if Blood Drive is in the works and if so the ETA? Thanks.

amerigoV
April 25th, 2021, 01:41
Does anyone know if Blood Drive is in the works and if so the ETA? Thanks.

Following....

Doswelk
April 25th, 2021, 18:08
It will be here when it can be purchased: Deadlands: Blood Drive for Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P10228)

It is in QA right now.

amerigoV
April 26th, 2021, 00:17
It will be here when it can be purchased: Deadlands: Blood Drive for Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=S2P10228)

It is in QA right now.

Oh the link is such a tease as that is my birthday (in the past...).

YamaShintaku
May 14th, 2021, 18:20
Not to press, but is there any word on the Horror at Headstone Hill setting and when it might be available?

Borg0911
May 15th, 2021, 20:56
I don't know if this is by design, but I bought the DL Bundle & I ran into issues with dependencies not being loaded. Turned out that the 2 main books (DLWW Players Guide & Marshal's HB) weren't in the bundle! So I had to go buy those to be able to use the Hexslinger Archetype. Since those 2 books are critical for SWADE, it would have been good to know beforehand.

I'm also running into issues with the images not existing for the train floor plans during the game last night but today I can pull the image up (For Whom the Whistle Blows). Several Images seemed to cause errors last night with 3 players & myself but I can't tell if this is because of how FGC opens files to distribute them to the clients or if during the night FGC updated those files and/or released the locks. can you provide some insight? Is it read only, multiple simultaneous read or sequential read (player 1, then player 2, etc)?
This might have accounted for why FGC locked up on me for the first time in 3 years.

Lastly, Is there a way to force clients to download files such as the DLWW Player's Guide & the Archetypes 1 & 2? IIRC you used to be able to force clients to download critical files but that was when we played The Last Parsec setting which has a lot less content!

TheDarkMantle
May 16th, 2021, 00:54
I don't know if this is by design, but I bought the DL Bundle & I ran into issues with dependencies not being loaded. Turned out that the 2 main books (DLWW Players Guide & Marshal's HB) weren't in the bundle! So I had to go buy those to be able to use the Hexslinger Archetype. Since those 2 books are critical for SWADE, it would have been good to know beforehand.

The Deadlands bundle is for "Deadlands: Reloaded". That's the older version of Deadlands, and originally used Savage Worlds Deluxe.

"Deadlands: The Weird West" is the new one that is built on SWADE. It's not included in the "Reloaded" bundle because they're different editions.

Borg0911
May 16th, 2021, 04:48
Then why is the SWADE Core book included in the bundle? That's what convinced me I was getting the right set. I just would have liked to know up front. Not sure if it would have changed my purchased decision but it certainly confused the issue.

TheDarkMantle
May 16th, 2021, 15:55
Then why is the SWADE Core book included in the bundle? That's what convinced me I was getting the right set. I just would have liked to know up front. Not sure if it would have changed my purchased decision but it certainly confused the issue.

I would have thought the name "Deadlands Reloaded" would have been the giveaway that it wasn't "Deadlands: The Weird West"

YamaShintaku
May 25th, 2021, 21:36
The Horror at Headstone Hill setting is available now in the store!!! Bought... Yippee!!!
:rv:

jimweaver
May 25th, 2021, 21:38
The Horror at Headstone Hill setting is available now in the store!!! Bought... Yippee!!!

Yep! Just picked it up as well. Good thing! I started running it a few weeks ago, and was running out of the prequel content I'd created to give them a few advances and also buy time until it showed up in FG!

jimweaver
May 25th, 2021, 23:40

Hmmm, so I bought it, loaded my ongoing campaign, went to "Library" and loaded both HatHH modules, clicked on "Modules" to view them, and they view fine there. But, critically, there are no HatHH entries under my "Story", "NPCs", "Encounters", "Tables", or "Images" buttons. When I go to Library->Modules->HatHH GM guide, I can see that there is a "Tables" link there, for example, and that does show a bunch of tables like Twilight Events, but none of that content is listed in or accessible to my right sidebar buttons. I don't have any filters set on any of those windows. Anyone else whose bought it seeing similar issues? Next thing I'm going to try is creating a new campaign and loading it and seeing if the data is there.

jimweaver
May 26th, 2021, 00:02
OK - the entries are there for NPCs, Images. They are just categorized with a long string that starts with "Deadlands, The Weird West" with the module name at the very end of that string, and I didn't spot them. Weirdly, the "Group" drop down list didn't have that category listed initially, but eventually after tooling around a bit, it showed up.

However, there are no "Story" entries as far as I can tell for Horror at Headstone Hill, where there are for "Blood Drive". This seems odd. All the data is there, it just needs to be accessed by viewing the module in the sort of "PDF view" mode where you have the table of contents and the next page / prev page views.

I guess how modules get imported varies. For HatHH, I'd have probably created Story entries and Encounters at least for the "Savage Tales" portion of the book, and likely creating "Encounters" for the Heaston Hill locations, and dropping encounter pins on the map in the appropriate spots, and also one or more Story items that list the locations at HH in various categories (alphabetical, all the saloons, etc.) would be hugely helpful.

Before my posse gets to Heaston Hill, I'll create those things myself.

mac40k
May 26th, 2021, 12:55
That's a shame. I was looking forward to this. Since I tend to run games by referring to the pdf on my iPad, the integration with FG is why I would purchase a module. I don't want to just have the module copy/pasted into FG for viewing. That's not worth it to me. If I still have to create the Story entries, encounters, etc. myself, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up after all

jimweaver
May 26th, 2021, 15:43
That's a shame. I was looking forward to this. Since I tend to run games by referring to the pdf on my iPad, the integration with FG is why I would purchase a module. I don't want to just have the module copy/pasted into FG for viewing. That's not worth it to me. If I still have to create the Story entries, encounters, etc. myself, I'm not sure I'll be picking this up after all

I think it was worth it for me, if for no other reason than all the NPCs are ported to FG for it. It would take a long time to do that myself, and the cost pretty small in FG store for it. But I am surprised that there was no story structure created - even just an index of the town locations and regional locations without having to view the module graphically for that.

I'll be creating a town index story item(s) in the next week or so - if I can figure out how to export it I'd be happy to provide it to folks. Only thing is I've created one or two of my own stores in HH that aren't in the module, but maybe I could export the stuff before I add my custom items in.

Doswelk
May 27th, 2021, 17:18

Enjoy re-entering the 100+ NPCs, I know I did :P

Town locations and Story entries are being done, just slowly.

jimweaver
May 27th, 2021, 17:36

Ah, there is more coming then - that is good. I'm pretty new to FG, so I'd assumed things like modules were released in one big bang without a lot of subsequent updates - but since there's an update mechanism built into the tool, having something early (particularly NPCs) is better than not!

Yes, NPCs seem like for every system, not just SW, where the biggest time sink to translate would be. It would be awesome if there were some accepted data format for adventure modules / stats that was not system-specific, and that a module creator could create, then every tool like Roll20, FG, whatever would have a single data format to work with that could bootstrap the import process. Problem is, nobody has any incentive to create such a standard format...

mac40k
May 27th, 2021, 20:29

NPCs aren’t hard. Just copy/paste with SW Maker. :P
But it looks like I can just wait for you to finish the other stuff anyway, so I guess I won’t have to do that after all.

Valyar
June 4th, 2021, 20:22
There is typo in the Improved Fan the Hammer edge. It requires Heroic, rather than Seasoned advance.

Ikael
June 4th, 2021, 20:48
There is typo in the Improved Fan the Hammer edge. It requires Heroic, rather than Seasoned advance.

Thanks for the report. This has been addressed

jimweaver
June 13th, 2021, 21:48
There may be bugs with the damage dice for several firearms. Just had a DLWW session, and someone fired a shotgun, which has damage string expressed as "1-3d6". What was rolled was 1 - 3d6 ;-). So they got -12 damage. I'm not certain if there is a way to fix it - there may not be a way to express damage that is range conditional, or even give three alternate damage options for the player to choose from when rolling damage. What we did is just edit the damage dice field per range as needed before rolling.

But, if there's no way to support how it's supposed to work, it might be better to have a string in the damage field that is not a valid dice expression, so people aren't confused why they have negative damage results!

amerigoV
June 13th, 2021, 22:08
I think its just a shotgun thing (so SWADE would do it was well). I just modify it to be 3d6, then make two sub-attacks at the lower damage for the longer ranges.

jimweaver
June 13th, 2021, 22:11
That's true - I didn't check to see if the core SWADE shotgun item was expressed the same way in its "Damage" field. How to you make "sub-attacks"? If there's a way to fix it to do something meaningful - seems like the items should be updated in SWADE core and DLWW library modules to do so.

amerigoV
June 14th, 2021, 00:45
That's true - I didn't check to see if the core SWADE shotgun item was expressed the same way in its "Damage" field. How to you make "sub-attacks"? If there's a way to fix it to do something meaningful - seems like the items should be updated in SWADE core and DLWW library modules to do so.

Right click on the main attack on the combat tab. It opens a radial menu. About the 4 o'clock position is an arrow symbol. Mouse over it - it should say sub attack. It nests the new attack under it. You can use that for all sorts of things like frenzy, or sweep, etc.

jimweaver
June 14th, 2021, 00:47
Right click on the main attack on the combat tab. It opens a radial menu. About the 4 o'clock position is an arrow symbol. Mouse over it - it should say sub attack. It nests the new attack under it. You can use that for all sorts of things like frenzy, or sweep, etc.

OK - thanks a bunch! I'll set that up for both heroes that are carrying shotguns. Sounds like it has to be done on the combat tab, and can't be done by default in the base weapon statistics.

morandia
June 26th, 2021, 01:42
I'm new to Deadlands and I need to know which version of the Savage Worlds rules I need to get - Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset, or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition?

jimweaver
June 26th, 2021, 01:47
I'm new to Deadlands and I need to know which version of the Savage Worlds rules I need to get - Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset, or Savage Worlds Adventure Edition?

Mmm, you'll have to be more specific - as Deadlands has multiple editions. For the latest edition of Deadlands, which is called "Deadlands Weird West", you want "SWADE" - Savage Worlds Adventure Edition. There are at least two earlier editions of Deadlands, including Deadlands Reloaded, which was released for two or three different game systems - I'm not well informed on any of those. But beware that the Fantasy Grounds store has Deadlands content from prior editions, and the rulesets they use are different. Only the more recent DLWW stuff will be SWADE compatible.

morandia
June 26th, 2021, 02:26
that helps some. So if I get reloaded campaigns, I need deluxe if I understand correctly

tpkurilla
June 26th, 2021, 03:57
that helps some. So if I get reloaded campaigns, I need deluxe if I understand correctly

You are correct.

The differences between SWD and SWADE are easily managed by someone who is well-versed in Savage Worlds of the various editions.

My current campaign is in the DLWW era, but I have converted material from the Classic edition following there conversion guide. We're currently in the awesome Devil's Tower Trilogy!

If you're not well-versed with Savage Worlds, the Deadlands Reloaded Complete Bundle in the Fantasy Grounds store is an excellent place to start if you are a fan of telling "bigger" stories, and the very latest DLWW edition has excellent starting material for telling "smaller" stories.

Hope that helps.

Voodooking
June 26th, 2021, 06:13
Not sure if its just my group or everyone but we are running Deadlands Horror at Headstone Hill and its going great but we are having an issue with the Winchester Lever Action rifle. Whenever we roll damage it come out as a negative value. So far this is the only weapon we've had the problem with and I have had 3 different players try it just to make sure. Is there a fix for this? Is it something we've done? Its not terrible but its annoying to have to redo the math and manually enter it during a good combat flow. Appreciate any help the community can give

Valyar
June 26th, 2021, 06:37
Not sure if its just my group or everyone but we are running Deadlands Horror at Headstone Hill and its going great but we are having an issue with the Winchester Lever Action rifle. Whenever we roll damage it come out as a negative value. So far this is the only weapon we've had the problem with and I have had 3 different players try it just to make sure. Is there a fix for this? Is it something we've done? Its not terrible but its annoying to have to redo the math and manually enter it during a good combat flow. Appreciate any help the community can give

The level action rifle is capable of damage from 3d6 to 1d6 depending on the range. The reason you get negative is, because the item damage is listed as 1-3d6 which, which you shouldn't use as is, but create custom attacks based on the range. There is no automation at the moment for this feature, this is what I have been told in Discord. Attached is screenshot how this is set up properly to work.

Herzog Igzorn
June 26th, 2021, 15:14
Strangely I get odd behaviour with my group playing SW:DLTWW with the Adventure Card Deck.

I as Gamemaster see the Images of the Adventure Cards without problem, but my players either just see them very small, fractioned, or don't even see the cards. Just the Text in the small Textbox is visible with no problem, but the images themselves are broken.
Thats very sad. I already re installed the whole ruleset and adventure deck extension. stays the same :(

fubeca150
June 26th, 2021, 17:30
I as Gamemaster see the Images of the Adventure Cards without problem, but my players either just see them very small, fractioned, or don't even see the cards.

You need to share the adventure card module with the players and have them enable it.

Nightpaw
June 30th, 2021, 14:03
Hi folks,

I have an error with the CT. Every time I put a PC or NPC to the CT, I get the following error:

In addition, there are no names or stats of the characters shown on the CT. The error only occurs with Deadlands Reloaded. It doesn't occur with 50 Fathoms oder pure SWD.

Kind regards
N.

TheDarkMantle
June 30th, 2021, 21:52
The error only occurs with Deadlands Reloaded. It doesn't occur with 50 Fathoms oder pure SWD.

You may want to post in a different area, or start a new thread. This thread is for Deadlands: The Weird West, not Deadlands: Reloaded.

But I've also seen this mentioned in Discord, so I think that Ikael is aware of it now.

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2021, 17:55
@Ikael provided a hot fix for DLR extension; and it should be Live in the patch system now. Have the GM run a Check for Updates.

Regards,
JPG

amerigoV
July 5th, 2021, 17:36
For DLWW - in my test, the Jackalope Foot item does not provide the extra bennies (it uses the reference [$GreatLuck]). I had the item on the character and equipped. When refreshing bennies in the Party Sheet the PC still only received the normal 3 bennies.

I am interested in this as I was curious to make a bad luck charm and stumbled on this. Once working, would is just be the reference ][$BadLuck]? Is there a list of Edges/Hindrances can be called upon for items?

Thanks.

Ikael
July 5th, 2021, 20:07
For DLWW - in my test, the Jackalope Foot item does not provide the extra bennies (it uses the reference [$GreatLuck]). I had the item on the character and equipped. When refreshing bennies in the Party Sheet the PC still only received the normal 3 bennies.

I am interested in this as I was curious to make a bad luck charm and stumbled on this. Once working, would is just be the reference ][$BadLuck]? Is there a list of Edges/Hindrances can be called upon for items?

Thanks.

Read here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65954-Deadlands-The-Weird-West-Feedback-Questions-Updates&p=586523&viewfull=1#post586523). Meanwhile, you could add [Benny +2] effect to it to grant extra Benny but it would not understand if you already have Great Luck Edge.

amerigoV
July 5th, 2021, 23:06
Thank you. That will work for what I need it for near term :)

Nemb
August 18th, 2021, 07:42
The horror at Headstone Hill shortcuts in the Uinta County map don't work and some seem to be missing like Hilliard

Kyler
August 21st, 2021, 15:40
When clicking on the mini button on the Archetype character sheet, the attached error occurs. This occurs on both Set 1 and Set 2. I tested this on a newly created character. The noted error does not occur in that situation. Logs attached.

Kyler
August 26th, 2021, 20:01
When loading a new campaign with no extensions and the "Setting: Dead Lands The Weird West" selected, the following error is generated. The error is not generated if "Setting: Dead Lands The Weird West" is not selected. The error noted above with the Archetype cards continues to occur when you click the Mini button on the character sheet.

Kyler
August 26th, 2021, 23:03
Anyone else experiencing the 2 errors noted above? Screenshot attached for the most previous error.

Moon Wizard
August 27th, 2021, 01:21
Yep, I can see the error. We'll pass along to the DLC developer.

Thanks,
JPG

Ikael
August 27th, 2021, 16:39
It seems Tuesday update has not included all the changes I have done. Ruleset should have been updated that day.

Springroll
August 31st, 2021, 09:10
Have all "issues" with Horror at Headstone Hill been fixed? ie. The links from the map, Story etc.

Kyler
August 31st, 2021, 19:29
Still getting the errors noted above. Updated today. Deleted and reinstalled all PEG files. New Campaign created with no extensions. The only thing checked is "Settings: Deadlands The Weird West". Exact same errors noted above are generated.

Nemb
September 5th, 2021, 01:50
Have all "issues" with Horror at Headstone Hill been fixed? ie. The links from the map, Story etc.

Nope, I see 3 maps and all of them seem to be missing the links.

Kazak
September 7th, 2021, 05:07
I am using the Deadlands reloaded module which uses fate chips instead of bennies. When playing as the marshal there are no fate chips shown, it only shows benny chips. I don't see any option to turn on the fate chips. The npc's can draw fate chips but I don't see where it keeps track of them. Is this a mistake or error?

YggBjorn
September 10th, 2021, 08:29
I am using the Deadlands reloaded module which uses fate chips instead of bennies. When playing as the marshal there are no fate chips shown, it only shows benny chips. I don't see any option to turn on the fate chips. The npc's can draw fate chips but I don't see where it keeps track of them. Is this a mistake or error?

In order to see fate chips in Deadlands Reloaded using the SWADE ruleset you need to make sure you load the Deadlands Reloaded Setting extension before you load into the game. Look for 'Setting: Deadlands Reloaded' in the extension window.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49082&stc=1&d=1631258738

EDIT: I wanted to add a few things. Deadlands Reloaded (DLR) is an earlier version of the Deadlands series (the newest is Deadlands The Weird West (DLWW) which is what this thread is about). It was made for an earlier version of the Savage Worlds (SW) ruleset. If you have the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE), which is the most recent SW ruleset, I would suggest using the bennies it provides instead of the fate chips used in DLR. in other words, don't load the DLR setting extension. The bennies are a more streamlined system than the fate chips. Since SWADE is geared for bennies, you will have an easier time managing them with the NPCs who can draw them if you don't use the Deadlands Reloaded setting extension.

Fear Grounds
November 9th, 2021, 02:52
Deadlands: TWW - Blood Drive

Doing a readthrough of the module before running it live, and noticed this...

The "Northern Star Ranch" map is listed as Map: Lazy S Ranch.

The "Lazy S Ranch" map is missing from the module.

amerigoV
November 10th, 2021, 17:34
Minor Edge Typos - Fan the Hammer and Improved Fan the Hammer. The Rank requirements are switched (Improved is listed as Seasoned, regular FtH is listed as Heroic).

Tanklin Kregin
December 16th, 2021, 17:20
Yes we are still getting the error for the SW Weird West ext.

Even after today's update I'm still getting the error massage with only the SW Weird West Ext. loaded.

Ty you folks for the quick replies, and actions for said replies are quite prompt.

rlorite
December 17th, 2021, 10:33
Hi,

After upgrading to version 5.5 of the Savage Worlds ruleset I am getting the following error every time I start my campaign:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_dlww.lua"]:28: attempt to call field 'registerIgnorePenaltyAbility' (a nil value)

It doesn't seem to affect anything but maybe it's something I'm not noticing. I'm just mentioning it in case it's just me or it's something general that needs to be checked.

I' m attaching the log as well for any relevance.

amerigoV
December 17th, 2021, 13:01
Hi,

After upgrading to version 5.5 of the Savage Worlds ruleset I am getting the following error every time I start my campaign:

It doesn't seem to affect anything but maybe it's something I'm not noticing. I'm just mentioning it in case it's just me or it's something general that needs to be checked.

I' m attaching the log as well for any relevance.

I get the same error. Its something in the Setting: Deadlands The Weird West extension (I turned off all the other extensions, with only that one loaded did it trigger the error). I loaded SWPF and other SW (non-Deadlands) without issue.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2021, 18:12
I just pushed a hot fix to address this issue for DL:LC and DL:WW extensions.

Regards,
JPG

rlorite
December 18th, 2021, 19:57
Thanks!

amerigoV
December 18th, 2021, 20:32
i just pushed a hot fix to address this issue for dl:lc and dl:ww extensions.

Regards,
jpg

ty!

drakowulf
December 20th, 2021, 13:38
I noticed the requirements for Fan the Hammer and Imp. Fan the Hammer are incorrect.
Fan the Hammer is showing a Heroic tier requirement when it should be Seasoned, and Imp. Fan the Hammer is completely incorrect all they way through.

Bladebite
January 4th, 2022, 03:03
Does the Deadlands extension work correctly with the current version of FGU? I keep getting some kind of window errors in the console, no access to poker table nor colored bennies, even the NPC window won't load any entries.

Edit: Issue resolved. Had an unupdated version of the savage worlds ruleset.

Reynard203
January 29th, 2022, 13:52
Nope, I see 3 maps and all of them seem to be missing the links.

It appears that none of the savage tales are included either. I am generally disappointed in the quality of the conversion to FG for this module.

Doswelk
January 31st, 2022, 09:36
Savages Tales and Map with Pins:

What maps are missing Pins?

Pins are not in player maps as they are in the GM maps.

DGMiller
February 20th, 2022, 14:54
Two questions:

Is there any updated information/tutorials on how to run duels for DLTWW?

Are there plans to release Showdown at Sundown?

Doswelk
February 21st, 2022, 08:04
I made this a while a go...

https://youtu.be/eWzKoLlNbao

Springroll
February 21st, 2022, 12:36
I made this a while a go...

https://youtu.be/eWzKoLlNbao

So in order to hide hole-cards from the players I have to keep the NPC hidden?

thendrich
February 22nd, 2022, 05:21
Hi, all -

Got a question: in general is the FGU Deadlands' content compatible with FGU SWADE (as opposed to SW Deluxe)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

Doswelk
February 22nd, 2022, 09:04
Yes you would, thinking about it.

If I knew how to do it, I'd love to add the poker table back in...

DGMiller
February 22nd, 2022, 22:04
Hi, all -

Got a question: in general is the FGU Deadlands' content compatible with FGU SWADE (as opposed to SW Deluxe)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

There are both Deadlands Reloaded modules, which are compatible with SWD, and Deadlands: The Weird West modules, which are compatible with SWADE. You can also play Reloaded content using the SWADE ruleset, but cannot play DLTWW using SWD. If using SWADE with Deadlands Reloaded modules, you will just need to ignore or change the stats that were only relevant to the older edition.

DGMiller
March 2nd, 2022, 22:54
Two questions again:

Are there plans to make Showdown at Sundown for FG?

Has anybody made an adventure deck that includes all the new cards for Deadlands The Weird West? I have the adventure deck add-on, but missing out on those new Deadlands cards has me trying to think of other ways to do it, and I am not tech savvy enough, nor do I have enough time, to create my own.

Nemb
March 4th, 2022, 00:58
Savages Tales and Map with Pins:

What maps are missing Pins?

Pins are not in player maps as they are in the GM maps.

The Uinta County map has pins but the pins don't link to anything.

Edit: Also would like add, but this is minor, Bill's Convincin' Stick is not listed neither in the Relic nor Relic (Weapons) list

NEPHiLiX
July 2nd, 2022, 04:16
I hope I'm not repeating something that's already been covered, but I really, really loved the look of the old Deadlands Reloaded interface...is there any way to get it back for use with SWADE Weird West (including the colored fate chips, poker table, etc.), or is it one or the other (Deadlands Reloaded OR Weird West)?

Thanks in advance!