PDA

View Full Version : 5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle

Pages : [1] 2

MeAndUnique
February 10th, 2021, 19:02
Current Version: 3.0.3

Introducing: Kit'N'Kaboodle. This extension focuses on enhancing interactions with items. The following features are provided:

Adding actions to items. When an item is equipped any of its actions will be shown on the characters Action Tab, either under power or weapons (right click to move).
Adding charges to items. This allows ease of tracking charges on items. Each power on an item can also be configured for the number of charges used on activation.
Adding inventories to NPCs. The primary benefit of this feature at present is to give NPCs items that have Actions.
Item recharging. The ability to configure automated recharging of items.
Time-based recharge. When used in conjunction the the Clock Adjuster (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/574/view) extension items may be configured to recharge daily at Dawn, Noon, Dusk, or Midnight.
Adding automation for what happens when an item is fully discharged (or consumed).
Equipped Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59490-Equipped-Effects-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity) Support. When the two extensions are used in conjunction, the power automation feature of Equipped Effects will add the power to the item.
Automatic Effects (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/352165/5E-Automatic-Effects--Dungeon-Masters-Guide-Fantasy-Grounds) data. Leverages data in Automatic effects to automate item recharge configuration for items equipped while using Equipped Effects and Clock Adjuster.

The following improvements are in the works:

NPC Loot. Improve the flow for giving items from defeated NPCs to the party.
???. What would you, dear user, like to see?

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/41/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/KitNKaboodle) and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
Hope it helps!

If you wish to buy me a coffee (https://ko-fi.com/meandunique), I would be extremely grateful. Though please don't feel any pressure or obligation to do so!

BaneTBC
February 11th, 2021, 22:14
Sounds great, MeAndUnique! Will have to check it out when I get some downtime to play with it!

Frank_Jager
February 12th, 2021, 21:47
This looks interesting. Which build is it for?
I've added it to FGU, and apart from adding an interactable Inventory to NPCs I can't seem to get it to function.

I can get it to display an action entry when I have a bunch of other extensions Installed, but I can't make it define an action.
When updating charges I also get an error message.
(Handler error: [string ""]:20 attempt to call field 'updateUses' (a nil value)

Tested on a new campaign with no other extensions or modules added, and could not replicate any functionality beyond interacting with the NPC inventory field.

MeAndUnique
February 13th, 2021, 17:08
This looks interesting. Which build is it for?
I've added it to FGU, and apart from adding an interactable Inventory to NPCs I can't seem to get it to function.

I can get it to display an action entry when I have a bunch of other extensions Installed, but I can't make it define an action.
When updating charges I also get an error message.
(Handler error: [string ""]:20 attempt to call field 'updateUses' (a nil value)

Tested on a new campaign with no other extensions or modules added, and could not replicate any functionality beyond interacting with the NPC inventory field.

In case anyone else experiences this, Frank was kind enough to provide a ton of details so I am actively investigating a solution.

Edit: Should be fixed in the latest version.

randomnumber46
February 15th, 2021, 17:50
This is awesome! I've been looking for something like this for ages. One thing I did notice is that setting charges on an item assigns that number of charges to each power individually, and they are all tracked separately. I tried making a Staff of Power and it looked like this:43744

It'd be good if you could assign a separate number of uses per action, and/or have overall charges per item. No idea how hard that is but regardless, this extension is awesome!

Edit: Never mind, ignore me, it does track charges together!

MeAndUnique
February 15th, 2021, 18:47
This is awesome! I've been looking for something like this for ages. One thing I did notice is that setting charges on an item assigns that number of charges to each power individually, and they are all tracked separately. I tried making a Staff of Power and it looked like this:43744

It'd be good if you could assign a separate number of uses per action, and/or have overall charges per item. No idea how hard that is but regardless, this extension is awesome!

I'm glad you like it! Improvements to charge handling are next on my agenda, though there are some challenges as far as presenting a clean user experience (feedback always welcome). In the meantime, the Staff of Power (excellent example by the way) does track charges collectively; try ticking 5 charges off from Cone of Cold to represent a cast.

randomnumber46
February 15th, 2021, 19:30
Yeah, I think my brain just didn't register it. It's looking great so far but I did notice that the Attack Roll and Save have been combined into one button, which causes a bit of extra work for spells like Ice Knife, which needs both.

It'd also be useful if you could group certain items together in one power list in the actions tab. For example, my rogue player has a couple of different magic arrows which she cycles through and at present, they are all separate power groups. It'd be good if I could group them under 'Ammunition' for example, but I imagine that might mess with the group power bonuses?

MeAndUnique
February 15th, 2021, 22:23
Yeah, I think my brain just didn't register it. It's looking great so far but I did notice that the Attack Roll and Save have been combined into one button, which causes a bit of extra work for spells like Ice Knife, which needs both.

It'd also be useful if you could group certain items together in one power list in the actions tab. For example, my rogue player has a couple of different magic arrows which she cycles through and at present, they are all separate power groups. It'd be good if I could group them under 'Ammunition' for example, but I imagine that might mess with the group power bonuses?

Thanks for bringing Ice Knife to my attention, I should be able to have some improvements in the next update before too long.
Item grouping has been on my radar, but its low-ish on the priority list until I come up with some inspiration for a good flow. The main challenge is that I want powers to be "effectively" in a group for the purposes of spells that should honor a caster's spellcasting abilities, but keep them visually distinct to avoid confusing of the Staff of Power's Cone of Cold being listed alongside other spells, for example. So having a different system for allowing item power to be grouped outside the item is tricky without making the whole system extra confusing. The special arrows are a good use case though, so I'll keep it in mind.

MeAndUnique
February 16th, 2021, 22:50
Just updated to accommodate the recent changes in FG.

nephranka
February 18th, 2021, 17:02
Great ext!
I tried to drag the fireball spell over to the powers on a necklace of fireballs and here are the errors I got? This was working fine before Feb 16th. Any thoughts? Thanks!

MeAndUnique
February 18th, 2021, 19:24
Great ext!
I tried to drag the fireball spell over to the powers on a necklace of fireballs and here are the errors I got? This was working fine before Feb 16th. Any thoughts? Thanks!

That appears to be a conflict with another extension. I'm happy to take a look (but can't always make promises); what other extensions are you using, if any?

nephranka
February 18th, 2021, 21:14
Thank you for the insight. I should have looked at that first. I thought since they all worked together before I assumed it was in this one.

After a review it looks like it is coming from a conflict with Combat Automation from Xelab.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347021/Fantasy-Grounds-Combat-Automation

Not sure if that helps.

Thank you.

MeAndUnique
February 18th, 2021, 21:28
Thank you for the insight. I should have looked at that first. I thought since they all worked together before I assumed it was in this one.

After a review it looks like it is coming from a conflict with Combat Automation from Xelab.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347021/Fantasy-Grounds-Combat-Automation

Not sure if that helps.

Thank you.

I have sent a message to the developer to begin the process of resolving the conflict.

nephranka
February 18th, 2021, 21:33
Thanks!
I did a clean build to test and I noticed when your ext is the only loaded, there is strange behavior in that text is missing on your item page (on the tab for the item) but shows up on the character sheets. I have a screen shot.

SirMotte
February 18th, 2021, 21:40
Would it be possible to make these functions into seperate extensions? I'm already using Bill Perrys Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity), which also adds NPC inventories. But the other functions you provide would be an awesome addition.

MeAndUnique
February 18th, 2021, 21:57
Thanks!
I did a clean build to test and I noticed when your ext is the only loaded, there is strange behavior in that text is missing on your item page (on the tab for the item) but shows up on the character sheets. I have a screen shot.

Hmmm, I seem to have missed a test case when prepping for the latest FG update. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I will work to resolve it in the near future. If it is any consolation in the meantime, it appears that the text is only blank with the item isn't in an inventory.

MeAndUnique
February 18th, 2021, 22:00
Would it be possible to make these functions into seperate extensions? I'm already using Bill Perrys Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity), which also adds NPC inventories. But the other functions you provide would be an awesome addition.

I'm hesitant to split the extension up, however I can certainly look into options for increasing compatibility with Map Parcel.

SirMotte
February 18th, 2021, 22:24
As far as I'm aware it only provides another inventory tab. I will test this further.

Everything is still working as it should. Another awesome extension and already essential to me. Preparing magic loot has gotten a lot easier now! The only thing missing woul be to turn aspects of the extension on and off (like inventories) if that is doable.

nephranka
February 18th, 2021, 22:25
Hmmm, I seem to have missed a test case when prepping for the latest FG update. Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I will work to resolve it in the near future. If it is any consolation in the meantime, it appears that the text is only blank with the item isn't in an inventory.

Indeed!

Upon further testing, the error with the combat automation is not present if I work with an equipped item as well.

MeAndUnique
February 20th, 2021, 17:31
Indeed!

Upon further testing, the error with the combat automation is not present if I work with an equipped item as well.

I just pushed an update that addresses the empty action text when an item is not in an inventory. Xelab was also kind enough to assist me in validating that this update appears to address the conflict with Combat Automation.

nephranka
February 20th, 2021, 18:31
It does looked to be fixed.

Side note: I was testing this and forgot I had another ext loaded (that I am also testing) and they seem to have a conflict as well. I did post in the clock adjustment thread already.

MeAndUnique
February 21st, 2021, 21:24
It does looked to be fixed.

Side note: I was testing this and forgot I had another ext loaded (that I am also testing) and they seem to have a conflict as well. I did post in the clock adjustment thread already.

Could you share some steps to reproduce that error? I'm not very familiar with the other extension.

nephranka
February 22nd, 2021, 01:36
No worries. The latest update from the clock adjustment ext fixed the conflict. I did have another question for you.

I was creating magic items with powers (potion of water breathing) and I noticed that even if the item is unidentified the power is still visible and in effect giving you the ID. Attached is a screenshot from the player side of the the item. Is there a way to hide the actions tab until it is identified?

MeAndUnique
February 22nd, 2021, 15:22
No worries. The latest update from the clock adjustment ext fixed the conflict. I did have another question for you.

I was creating magic items with powers (potion of water breathing) and I noticed that even if the item is unidentified the power is still visible and in effect giving you the ID. Attached is a screenshot from the player side of the the item. Is there a way to hide the actions tab until it is identified?

Sorry, I completely overlooked that. I'll work a fix in to the next update.

ghen
February 22nd, 2021, 17:40
How about an area on items for DM notes, say for cursed items?

nephranka
February 22nd, 2021, 21:06
Thanks!

I found another conflict. I was testing Auras, ongoing saves, advanced effects and KitNKaboodle (see below).

[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Aura Effects - Extension v0.4\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.8501226
[2/22/2021 3:52:49 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

When the target fails the save it should apply the incapacitate condition but instead throws this error. When I unload KitNKaboddle, it works (see screen shot attached). When the ongoing saves ext is just doing damage and not conditions, it works fine.

This is a clean 5e build with the above ext loaded.

Here is the ongoing extension:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312720/Fantasy-Grounds-Ongoing-Save-Effects

The others are on the forum.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57417-5E-Aura-Effects
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)

If I had to guess I would say it is in the ongoing ext where the conflict is.

MeAndUnique
February 22nd, 2021, 21:40
How about an area on items for DM notes, say for cursed items?

I'll give some thought as to whether that's UX I want to take on. In the meantime a trick I use for that sort of thing is to include a link to a Story (or Note) in the Item description. I'll use link text of something like "Secret secrets are so fun!" and then don't share the Story with the players. Best when used liberally, not just for cursed or otherwise surprising items.

MeAndUnique
February 22nd, 2021, 21:41
Thanks!

I found another conflict. I was testing Auras, ongoing saves, advanced effects and KitNKaboodle (see below).

[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] EXTENSION: Aura Effects - Extension v0.4\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 3:52:38 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.8501226
[2/22/2021 3:52:49 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

When the target fails the save it should apply the incapacitate condition but instead throws this error. When I unload KitNKaboddle, it works (see screen shot attached). When the ongoing saves ext is just doing damage and not conditions, it works fine.

This is a clean 5e build with the above ext loaded.

Here is the ongoing extension:
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312720/Fantasy-Grounds-Ongoing-Save-Effects

The others are on the forum.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57417-5E-Aura-Effects
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40833-5E-Advanced-Effects-(items-npcs-characters)

If I had to guess I would say it is in the ongoing ext where the conflict is.

If you have a chance to verify the error with only Ongoing Save Effects and Kit'N'Kaboodle loaded it would be greatly appreciated.

nephranka
February 22nd, 2021, 22:00
I was able to confirm it is indeed between this and Ongoing saves.

[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 17.811778
[2/22/2021 4:59:47 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:387: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[2/22/2021 4:59:51 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

MeAndUnique
February 23rd, 2021, 16:30
I was able to confirm it is indeed between this and Ongoing saves.

[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/22/2021 4:57:10 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 17.811778
[2/22/2021 4:59:47 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:387: attempt to concatenate a nil value
[2/22/2021 4:59:51 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Thank you! I've sent a message to the developer to begin the process of resolving the conflict.

nephranka
February 23rd, 2021, 16:56
Thank you!

Once the powers tab is hidden until identified, I will be in business. I really like this ext. It helps with items so I can give characters the powers without slowing down the game. Great work!

MeAndUnique
February 23rd, 2021, 22:33
Thank you!

Once the powers tab is hidden until identified, I will be in business. I really like this ext. It helps with items so I can give characters the powers without slowing down the game. Great work!

Check out version 0.4 ;)
Also, thanks; I'm glad it helps!

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 00:53
The identify issue has been resolved! Still have the error with ongoing saves but I figure that will take you a little longer. Thanks!

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

MrDDT
February 24th, 2021, 02:14
The identify issue has been resolved! Still have the error with ongoing saves but I figure that will take you a little longer. Thanks!

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Can you give me an example of this error? I'm not having this issue with on going saves.

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 10:53
Sure.
In this case the effect on the vampire is: SAVEO: CON DC 17 (M); SAVEEFF: Incapacitated
On its turn the save is rolled and the output to chat is missing the normal details but it does know the DC and if it fails it applies the effect and throws this error (screenshot 1).

[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/24/2021 5:37:34 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 17.875551
[2/24/2021 5:38:46 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:387: attempt to concatenate a nil value

If I change it to : SAVEO: CON DC 17 (M); SAVEDMG: 1d8 force, the damage is applied and an error is thrown. The save details are also missing.

Without this ext loaded, this is the output (screenshot2).

It looks like something is interfering with the part of the code that sends:
"Save [15][vs. DC 17] -> [for Vampire] [FAILURE]
Effect ['Incapacitated'] -> [to Vampire]"

out to the chat.

I hope this helps. Thanks!

MeAndUnique
February 24th, 2021, 16:51
Sure.
In this case the effect on the vampire is: SAVEO: CON DC 17 (M); SAVEEFF: Incapacitated
On its turn the save is rolled and the output to chat is missing the normal details but it does know the DC and if it fails it applies the effect and throws this error (screenshot 1).

[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[2/24/2021 5:37:33 AM] EXTENSION: Ongoing Save Effects - Extension v2.0\r5E version for Fantasy Grounds\r--by Kent McCullough 2020
[2/24/2021 5:38:46 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:387: attempt to concatenate a nil value

If I change it to : SAVEO: CON DC 17 (M); SAVEDMG: 1d8 force, the damage is applied and an error is thrown. The save details are also missing.

out to the chat.

Thanks for the info. :) Extension conflicts do tend to take a bit longer to resolve since they require coordinating with another dev.

MrDDT
February 24th, 2021, 17:32
Sure.

out to the chat.

I'm able to reproduce this, not sure what is causing it. For sure KitNKaboodle is conflicting with it throwing and error.

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 20:16
Thanks for the info. :) Extension conflicts do tend to take a bit longer to resolve since they require coordinating with another dev.

No worries. Thanks!

nephranka
February 24th, 2021, 20:16
I'm able to reproduce this, not sure what is causing it. For sure KitNKaboodle is conflicting with it throwing and error.

Thank you for the verify!

MeAndUnique
February 25th, 2021, 16:36
Just pushed up version 0.4.1 to fix a bug with item power resolution. While I still haven't heard back from the developer of Ongoing Save Effects, there is a small chance that this bug fix addresses that conflict as well.

nephranka
February 25th, 2021, 16:43
Thanks! Still throwing the error so no change there.

SirMotte
February 27th, 2021, 11:25
Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcel Tokens on death, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

Is it really out of the question to split your extension into smaller bits? I'd really like to use the actions on items or the charges, but don't need the added inventory, as this is already handled by his extension.
In the long term this approach would help with compatibility of your extension in general, as it is starting to touch on a lot of things already.

MrDDT
February 27th, 2021, 16:38
Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcels Tokens on the map, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

Is it really out of the question to split your extension into smaller bits? I'd really like to use the actions on items or the charges, but don't need the added inventory, as this is already handled by his extension.
In the long term this approach would help with compatibility of your extension in general, as it is starting to touch on a lot of things already.

Yeah I tried using this EXT but it's a huge mess when it effects so many things and it's like all over the place with what it is trying to do. I've seen this same issue either 5E Combat Enhancer. It was a great tool for a bit but it was doing so many things that you always came down to the choice of using it or other exts. After a while it just had to go, and I replaced it with other exts that did most of the functions. Then they split it up into 6 exts that all did a part of the whole and was able to use it again.

Having an ext that does to many things causes the issue of overlapping with some other ext and finding where the problem is when something is not working right.

Which is the case I have with this ext. I get an error and I end up not using this whole ext. So that makes me go back to the other exts I was using before to cover some of what this ext is doing and just missing out on some of the stuff this does that other exts don't do.

ScriedRaven
February 27th, 2021, 17:03
Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcels Tokens on the map, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

From the little I've tried they actually can work together, it just adds a second inventory tab, and they both share items.

SirMotte
February 27th, 2021, 21:42
Can't confirm this. The Kit'N'Kaboodle inventory vanished at some point and now, like I said with the recent update to Map Treasure Parcels, there is some kind of interference happening, that breaks the loot drops entirely.

MeAndUnique
February 27th, 2021, 23:24
Bill Perry (SilentRuin) from Grimpress updated his Map Parcel Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/329296/Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity)today with the ability to make dead NPCs drop Loot Parcel Tokens on death, that get filled with the NPCs inventory. Unfortunately this now is no longer compatible with your extension, probably because you both add inventories to npcs.

To briefly expand on my motivation for not breaking it up, adding an inventory to NPCs is a pure side effect of my primary goal of letting NPCs use item powers. This creates a situation where there isn't a cutting line for two distinct extensions; one would have to depend on the other, which requires more effort to maintain. Perhaps in the future FG forge will offer a mechanism that reduces this complexity.

From the little I've tried they actually can work together, it just adds a second inventory tab, and they both share items.

This was true until I implemented the specific request to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, my changes to accommodate that request are incompatible with the latest update to Map Parcels.

I will take a look at an additional compatibility update. However, given my limited resources there is a chance that I may conclude that doubling the maintenance effort to keep up with both FG updates as well as 3rd party extension updates is not feasible.

While I very much so strive to have maximum compatibility with other extensions, there are situations where overlap creates too great of a conflict for me to shoulder alone.

ScriedRaven
February 27th, 2021, 23:28
Like I said, I hadn't tested too much between the two. Looking into it more, I have Automatic Record Links, which kinda reconciles the two, but not completely.

SirMotte
February 28th, 2021, 01:47
To briefly expand on my motivation for not breaking it up, adding an inventory to NPCs is a pure side effect of my primary goal of letting NPCs use item powers. This creates a situation where there isn't a cutting line for two distinct extensions; one would have to depend on the other, which requires more effort to maintain. Perhaps in the future FG forge will offer a mechanism that reduces this complexity.

This was true until I implemented the specific request to prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, my changes to accommodate that request are incompatible with the latest update to Map Parcels.

I will take a look at an additional compatibility update. However, given my limited resources there is a chance that I may conclude that doubling the maintenance effort to keep up with both FG updates as well as 3rd party extension updates is not feasible.

While I very much so strive to have maximum compatibility with other extensions, there are situations where overlap creates too great of a conflict for me to shoulder alone.

Understood. Although I'd greatly appreciate if you could try to make them compatible again, I absolutely know how exhausting maintaining stuff can get. Thanks for making this awesome extension!

nephranka
February 28th, 2021, 12:07
Just pushed up version 0.4.1 to fix a bug with item power resolution. While I still haven't heard back from the developer of Ongoing Save Effects, there is a small chance that this bug fix addresses that conflict as well.

I uncover another case where an error is being thrown. When I equip an item with an Advanced Effect (the extension of the same name) an error is thrown (see below). I have attached a screen shot. It seems to working otherwise.

[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.255774
[2/28/2021 7:01:58 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

MeAndUnique
March 1st, 2021, 21:47
I uncover another case where an error is being thrown. When I equip an item with an Advanced Effect (the extension of the same name) an error is thrown (see below). I have attached a screen shot. It seems to working otherwise.

[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-02-01) for Fantasy Grounds
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Advanced Effects - 5E v4.8\rby Celestian, 2017-2020
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[2/28/2021 7:01:41 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 18.255774
[2/28/2021 7:01:58 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:579: attempt to concatenate a nil value

Thanks for finding this. Version 1.4.2 ought to resolve the issue.

nephranka
March 1st, 2021, 23:38
Looks good here!
Thanks!

MeAndUnique
March 13th, 2021, 03:27
Version 0.4.3 is up with a minor fix for extension compatibility including Map Parcels.

Intolerant
March 13th, 2021, 11:10
I was wondering if you knew whether it would be possible to mod the character inventory so that items could be dragged and dropped directly into containers, and to drag and drop containers and move all contained items at the same time? I've only just scratched the surface when it comes to fantasygrounds extensions. The lack of an API reference makes it really daunting!

nephranka
March 15th, 2021, 01:22
So I think this might be broken. I tried to cast from the item's power and I don't get any result. It silently fails. Screenshot of the test.

[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-03-09) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-11) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[3/14/2021 8:06:35 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 21.2619243
[3/14/2021 8:06:37 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
[3/14/2021 8:07:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

nephranka
March 15th, 2021, 01:38
0.4.2 was working so I am guessing it is in 0.4.3?

Edit: Confirmed. 0.4.2 works.

MeAndUnique
March 15th, 2021, 16:06
I was wondering if you knew whether it would be possible to mod the character inventory so that items could be dragged and dropped directly into containers, and to drag and drop containers and move all contained items at the same time? I've only just scratched the surface when it comes to fantasygrounds extensions. The lack of an API reference makes it really daunting!

It should certainly be feasible to do that, yeah. Not sure if you've seen the Ref Doc (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/), which covers the API offered by FG itself. Beyond that most rulesets come in .pak files which can be unzipped so you can use the ruleset code as reference. The #mod_creation Discord channel (https://discord.gg/PzvXqjDFJ2) is also a valuable resource. It sounds like a super useful extension idea!

MeAndUnique
March 15th, 2021, 16:07
0.4.2 was working so I am guessing it is in 0.4.3?

Edit: Confirmed. 0.4.2 works.

Thanks for reporting and following up! I'll take a look.

MeAndUnique
March 16th, 2021, 13:07
Version 0.4.4 is up and allows using powers directly from items again.

BaneTBC
March 16th, 2021, 20:02
So I think this might be broken. I tried to cast from the item's power and I don't get any result. It silently fails. Screenshot of the test.

[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-03-09) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-11) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[3/14/2021 8:06:34 PM] EXTENSION: Extension (5E - Kit'N'Kaboodle) loaded.
[3/14/2021 8:06:35 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 21.2619243
[3/14/2021 8:06:37 PM] [WARNING] buttoncontrol: Could not find normal icon () in control (toggle_unmask) in class (imagewindow_toolbar)
[3/14/2021 8:07:20 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

nephranka in your image, it looks like you have ATK: !; ...is this supposed to be ATK: 1; ??

nephranka
March 16th, 2021, 20:18
You might be right. I might have fat fingered it. That is my test environment so I have to recreate things to show, when I report issues. Looks like that was a typo. In general the issue was the same, silent failure when clicking the power on an item. My other tests yielded the same results with different effects.

nephranka
March 16th, 2021, 22:12
Version 0.4.4 is up and allows using powers directly from items again.

Still tests as not working. Silent failure when clicking actions (associated with items) from the actions tab.

MeAndUnique
March 16th, 2021, 23:38
Still tests as not working. Silent failure when clicking actions (associated with items) from the actions tab.

Could you provide a step by step process used to reproduce the problem? I'm having trouble getting the Effect to fail, silently or otherwise (used your example both verbatim and with a 1 instead of a !).

nephranka
March 17th, 2021, 01:13
Sure thing. Clean build. Took the character out of the CT before adding the item then back into the CT with the item equiped.

1. add a power to an item (my example is an arrow)
2. Place in a character's inventory and equip. Add to CT
3. Goto Actions tab
4. Open item's power
5. Click effect button

Nothing happens.

The circle for charges works and outputs the name to chat but the effect does not.

In the screenshot (test) I clicked the fireball spell cast to show that button works. It works if I go back to 0.4.2.

Interesting enough, if I load my full campaign and try an effect I get an error:
[3/16/2021 8:07:22 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_automation.lua"]:160: attempt to index global 'rAction' (a nil value)

Mind you there are a lot of extensions loaded here but at least I see an error now. Maybe this will help? (test2 screenshot)

I hope this helps. I will keep 0.4.2 for now since I don't use the ext you are trying to resolve the conflict for.

nephranka
March 17th, 2021, 10:58
One other thing I noticed, if I dbl click the power on the item it activates the effect. So it seems to work off the item just not off the actions tab on the character sheet.

Intolerant
March 17th, 2021, 14:05
It should certainly be feasible to do that, yeah. Not sure if you've seen the Ref Doc (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/), which covers the API offered by FG itself. Beyond that most rulesets come in .pak files which can be unzipped so you can use the ruleset code as reference. The #mod_creation Discord channel (https://discord.gg/PzvXqjDFJ2) is also a valuable resource. It sounds like a super useful extension idea!

Sweet! Thanks for the info and keep being awesome. :)

Nalistar
March 18th, 2021, 00:30
Hi, I was tinkering in game with your extension and I think you might have just created a way to give NPCs some PCs powers without (maybe) not even realizing it.

From what I have gathered, there's no easy way in FGU to create NPCs with PC classes and powers, without having to create them as literal PCs and therefore not being able to benefit from the simpler controls NPCs have on the Combat tracker.

For me, this has been incredibly helpful, as I can now have NPCs with powers that emulate PCs abilities, without having to create real PCs at all.

For example, I wanted to create a Bladesinger NPC, but I couldn't find a way to give him Bladesong (there's no similar NPC ability to copy from). What I did with your extension was to create a fake item called "Bladesong", equip it on the NPC and edit the power of this "item" to be "EFF: AC: 5; ADVSKILL:acrobatics SAVE: 5, concentration (T:SELF) (D:1 MIN)".

Now, on the Combat tracker, my Bladesinger NPCs has a power called Bladesong (I guess it's actually an "item", but it doesn't really matter) that gives him that exact effect, basically giving him the benefit of the same ability a real BS PC would have.

I might have been overthinking this and maybe there was already a simpler way to emulate PCs abilities on NPCs without having to lose the benefits of the combat tracker for NPCs, but I found this to be a great solution.

I'm quite sure you could do the same for "Rage", "Barding Inspiration", etc.

I'm not a programmer and I suck at coding, but I suspect you could easily change this to make the "fake item" workaround unnecessary and allow to create actual actions on NPCs directly.

Thanks a lot for this <3

MeAndUnique
March 18th, 2021, 17:29
Sure thing. Clean build. Took the character out of the CT before adding the item then back into the CT with the item equiped.

1. add a power to an item (my example is an arrow)
2. Place in a character's inventory and equip. Add to CT
3. Goto Actions tab
4. Open item's power
5. Click effect button

Nothing happens.

The circle for charges works and outputs the name to chat but the effect does not.

In the screenshot (test) I clicked the fireball spell cast to show that button works. It works if I go back to 0.4.2.

Interesting enough, if I load my full campaign and try an effect I get an error:
[3/16/2021 8:07:22 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "combat_automation.lua"]:160: attempt to index global 'rAction' (a nil value)

Mind you there are a lot of extensions loaded here but at least I see an error now. Maybe this will help? (test2 screenshot)

I hope this helps. I will keep 0.4.2 for now since I don't use the ext you are trying to resolve the conflict for.

It should be properly fixed in 0.4.5, I never use those buttons myself, so I completely overlooked them in the updates. Sorry about that.

That error you're seeing with Combat Automation should also be resolved.

MeAndUnique
March 18th, 2021, 17:37
Hi, I was tinkering in game with your extension and I think you might have just created a way to give NPCs some PCs powers without (maybe) not even realizing it.

From what I have gathered, there's no easy way in FGU to create NPCs with PC classes and powers, without having to create them as literal PCs and therefore not being able to benefit from the simpler controls NPCs have on the Combat tracker.

For me, this has been incredibly helpful, as I can now have NPCs with powers that emulate PCs abilities, without having to create real PCs at all.

For example, I wanted to create a Bladesinger NPC, but I couldn't find a way to give him Bladesong (there's no similar NPC ability to copy from). What I did with your extension was to create a fake item called "Bladesong", equip it on the NPC and edit the power of this "item" to be "EFF: AC: 5; ADVSKILL:acrobatics SAVE: 5, concentration (T:SELF) (D:1 MIN)".

Now, on the Combat tracker, my Bladesinger NPCs has a power called Bladesong (I guess it's actually an "item", but it doesn't really matter) that gives him that exact effect, basically giving him the benefit of the same ability a real BS PC would have.

I might have been overthinking this and maybe there was already a simpler way to emulate PCs abilities on NPCs without having to lose the benefits of the combat tracker for NPCs, but I found this to be a great solution.

I'm quite sure you could do the same for "Rage", "Barding Inspiration", etc.

I'm not a programmer and I suck at coding, but I suspect you could easily change this to make the "fake item" workaround unnecessary and allow to create actual actions on NPCs directly.

Thanks a lot for this <3

That is really clever, I hadn't ever thought of that use case for this!

It does pose an interesting idea for a future extension, but not something I can commit to in good faith presently given everything else I have going on.

If you have any interest in coding, extensions are a decent way to practice. The #mod_creation Discord channel (https://discord.gg/PzvXqjDFJ2) is a good resource and I'm also happy to answer questions or act as a sounding board for ideas.

nephranka
March 18th, 2021, 17:49
It should be properly fixed in 0.4.5, I never use those buttons myself, so I completely overlooked them in the updates. Sorry about that.

That error you're seeing with Combat Automation should also be resolved.

Tested and both are working. Thank you for the effort!

dustem
March 25th, 2021, 21:24
I'm confused on how to use this extension. Here's what I did:

1. I created a new campaign with only this extension enabled. Only mods enabled were the DMG and PHB.
2. I both drug an item over from Items and created a new item and added the fireball spell onto the action tab of that item.
3. I then equipped the item.

The result I get on the Actions tab of my character sheet is a new group with the title of whatever I had named the item, but there are no actions displayed. I am seeing an error on the console stating the below:

[3/25/2021 3:20:21 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_power.lua"]:93: createWindowWithClass: Invalid parameter 1. Class (item_action_Token) does not exist

ScriedRaven
March 25th, 2021, 23:10
I'm confused on how to use this extension. Here's what I did:

1. I created a new campaign with only this extension enabled. Only mods enabled were the DMG and PHB.
2. I both drug an item over from Items and created a new item and added the fireball spell onto the action tab of that item.
3. I then equipped the item.

The result I get on the Actions tab of my character sheet is a new group with the title of whatever I had named the item, but there are no actions displayed. I am seeing an error on the console stating the below:

Because the error is looking for a token, it looks you're using robs spell codings for that, which has options for spell tokens, which don't work for items (at least as implemented here). That's the only way I've been able to replicate that error.

Otherwise to get the actions to appear on the character sheet, the bar always starts minimized. Just click on it to open it up.

dustem
March 26th, 2021, 00:56
Otherwise to get the actions to appear on the character sheet, the bar always starts minimized. Just click on it to open it up.

This was the issue. I didn't realize it started out minimized. Feel rather foolish. Thanks for the help!

MeAndUnique
March 26th, 2021, 16:30
Because the error is looking for a token, it looks you're using robs spell codings for that, which has options for spell tokens, which don't work for items (at least as implemented here). That's the only way I've been able to replicate that error.

Thanks again for being so active in helping out answering questions! Would I be correct in assuming that this is the extension in question? https://www.dmsguild.com/product/209256/Fantasy-Grounds-5E-Effects-Coding--Spells

dustem
March 26th, 2021, 16:32
Would I be correct in assuming that this is the extension in question? https://www.dmsguild.com/product/209256/Fantasy-Grounds-5E-Effects-Coding--Spells

Yes, that is the one.

MeAndUnique
March 26th, 2021, 16:39
Yes, that is the one.

Cool, thanks. I'll reach out and see about getting the conflict resolved.

ScriedRaven
March 26th, 2021, 17:15
Thanks again for being so active in helping out answering questions! Would I be correct in assuming that this is the extension in question? https://www.dmsguild.com/product/209256/Fantasy-Grounds-5E-Effects-Coding--Spells

That is what it's conflicting with, but that's just a module that includes coding for other extensions, specifically this one (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310505/?affiliate_rem=878507), which adds tokens onto spells. So if you could get it so that the spell tokens show up for the items as well (no idea if that's even possible), then it would be how to solve it.

MeAndUnique
March 27th, 2021, 02:24
Version 1.0.1 is pushed which should no longer have conflicts when used with Rob's Spell Effects. I have also reached out to DiabloBob to see about possibly supporting spell tokens within Kit'N'Kaboodle.

nephranka
March 27th, 2021, 12:46
1.0.1 is working as expected. Thanks!

I did have one suggestion. I notice that when you check a circle on the actions tab it sends a message to chat but the power is not activated. Likewise, if you cast the power the circle does not check off. This is not new but I thought I suggest tying the two together. That is if you check the circle or cast the power the other is auto resolved for you. I note that you do put a check in other circles if there is more than 1 charge and power listed. As it is now, I cast the power than check the circle to show I used it. No big deal.

I use an ext called combat automation and it does this for everything on the actions tab but your powers, which is strange. I was hoping it would work but I assume it is the way things are coded that is causing it not to register as something to monitor and maintain.

Either way, thank you for the work on this one. It is working great!

nephranka
March 27th, 2021, 21:00
I would also say the new Charges section is very nice! I noticed that the options are never and daily. Might it be possible to get rest as an option? I don't know how hard it would be to tie into the calendar to cover the "at dawn" or "at sunset" items, but that would also be cool.

Thanks again!

MeAndUnique
March 28th, 2021, 17:40
1.0.1 is working as expected. Thanks!

I did have one suggestion. I notice that when you check a circle on the actions tab it sends a message to chat but the power is not activated. Likewise, if you cast the power the circle does not check off. This is not new but I thought I suggest tying the two together. That is if you check the circle or cast the power the other is auto resolved for you. I note that you do put a check in other circles if there is more than 1 charge and power listed. As it is now, I cast the power than check the circle to show I used it. No big deal.

I use an ext called combat automation and it does this for everything on the actions tab but your powers, which is strange. I was hoping it would work but I assume it is the way things are coded that is causing it not to register as something to monitor and maintain.

Either way, thank you for the work on this one. It is working great!

This is on my radar to look at improvements. Presently I'd rather it always be manual rather than sometimes manual in the case of powers that require multiple charges, such as with a Staff of Fire.

MeAndUnique
March 28th, 2021, 17:58
I would also say the new Charges section is very nice! I noticed that the options are never and daily. Might it be possible to get rest as an option? I don't know how hard it would be to tie into the calendar to cover the "at dawn" or "at sunset" items, but that would also be cool.

Thanks again!

Yeah, looking at handling short rests for the next update. The main question is how to handle long rests for an item than gains some number of charges on a short rest, or should that configuration even be allowed.

Time of day is something I want to look at, and I haven't dealt with calendar functionality before so it'll take some extra work to learn that system first.

nephranka
March 29th, 2021, 01:44
Good to hear on the short rest. Yeah time can be tricky but there are a few items where dawn/dusk play a role and not rests.

Thanks for all the work.

nephranka
March 29th, 2021, 01:46
This is on my radar to look at improvements. Presently I'd rather it always be manual rather than sometimes manual in the case of powers that require multiple charges, such as with a Staff of Fire.

Yeah, having a setting like multi-charges y/n could allow you the ability to specify how the item is used. Not sure how feasible that is.

nephranka
March 30th, 2021, 18:18
I ran into a new error.
I have an item with a power (2 in this example) and I added it to the NPC. I get the follow:

[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-03-09) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] EXTENSION: Kit'N'Kaboodle v1.0.1 for 5E by MeAndUnique.
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 20.026891
[3/30/2021 1:08:16 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[3/30/2021 1:08:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:479: attempt to index local 'rAction' (a nil value)
[3/30/2021 1:08:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:479: attempt to index local 'rAction' (a nil value)

Thoughts?

MeAndUnique
March 30th, 2021, 20:05
I ran into a new error.
I have an item with a power (2 in this example) and I added it to the NPC. I get the follow:

[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] RULESET: Dungeons and Dragons (5E) ruleset (v2021-03-09) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-03-16) for Fantasy Grounds
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] EXTENSION: Roboto Font Extension v1.1
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] EXTENSION: Kit'N'Kaboodle v1.0.1 for 5E by MeAndUnique.
[3/30/2021 1:08:02 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 20.026891
[3/30/2021 1:08:16 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.

Thoughts?

I'm able to reproduce the problem and will work to get is resolved as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

nephranka
March 30th, 2021, 21:34
No worries. Glad it is easy to find/fix. Thanks!

MeAndUnique
March 31st, 2021, 16:40
Fixed in version 1.0.2

SilentRuin
March 31st, 2021, 16:48
Well done MeAndUnique - you've brought this a long way since I last looked! :)

MeAndUnique
March 31st, 2021, 17:09
Well done MeAndUnique - you've brought this a long way since I last looked! :)

Thanks! :o

nephranka
March 31st, 2021, 22:48
Looks like it is working again!

Thanks!

MeAndUnique
April 8th, 2021, 05:09
Just added short rest support.

Also, I began looking at adding an integration with Clock Adjuster (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster) for supporting time of day recharging.

nephranka
April 8th, 2021, 10:42
Very cool!

The Clock Adjuster is a great addition. Looking forward to that!

MeAndUnique
April 10th, 2021, 17:23
Version 1.1.0 has been released with support for recharging based on time of day when used in conjunction with Clock Adjuster. Due to licensing restrictions I have only interacted with the version in post #203.

nephranka
April 11th, 2021, 01:39
Looks to be working. One question, how did you determine times for dawn, dusk, etc...?

Thanks!

MeAndUnique
April 11th, 2021, 02:48
Looks to be working. One question, how did you determine times for dawn, dusk, etc...?

Thanks!

I matched to the values hardcoded into Clock Adjuster: 6am for dawn, 12pm for noon, 6pm for dusk, and 12am for midnight. I made an effort to keep it relatively easy to update in the future, in the event that more flexibility/configurability becomes an option.

MeAndUnique
April 11th, 2021, 03:04
Version 1.2.0 adds support for SilentRuin's Equipped Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59490-Equipped-Effects-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity) extension version 1.17.

nephranka
April 11th, 2021, 03:12
I matched to the values hardcoded into Clock Adjuster: 6am for dawn, 12pm for noon, 6pm for dusk, and 12am for midnight. I made an effort to keep it relatively easy to update in the future, in the event that more flexibility/configurability becomes an option.

Thanks for the info and the update!

nephranka
April 11th, 2021, 03:47
Version 1.2.0 adds support for SilentRuin's Equipped Effects (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59490-Equipped-Effects-Extension-(-ext-file)-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity) extension version 1.17.

This version and 1.1.0 both throw an error for me when I login in the client. No error in 1.0.2:

[4/10/2021 10:35:37 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:100: attempt to compare number with nil

MeAndUnique
April 11th, 2021, 04:03
This version and 1.1.0 both throw an error for me when I login in the client. No error in 1.0.2:

[4/10/2021 10:35:37 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:100: attempt to compare number with nil

Looking in to it now.

MeAndUnique
April 11th, 2021, 04:43
Should be fixed with version 1.2.1, sorry for the inconvenience.

nephranka
April 11th, 2021, 12:02
Should be fixed with version 1.2.1, sorry for the inconvenience.

Tested and working here. Thanks for the quick fix!

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 01:28
We played with it tonight and one thing that would help, if possible, would be to cut back on the rolling for recharging when there are no charges currently used. We had plenty of time pass and the recharging was happening even though we did not have any missing charges.

Also, is there a way to control who gets the message? Ideally, it would be the owner and GM and not the whole group. I could not tell who was seeing the messages, so maybe this is already the case?

Finally, we found a strange corner case. When you use the long rest field to advance the clock and your clock ends up at 6am the recharge kicks off as expected but as soon as the clock moves off of 6am the recharge fires again.

Either way, thanks for the great extension!

MeAndUnique
April 12th, 2021, 15:13
We played with it tonight and one thing that would help, if possible, would be to cut back on the rolling for recharging when there are no charges currently used. We had plenty of time pass and the recharging was happening even though we did not have any missing charges.

Also, is there a way to control who gets the message? Ideally, it would be the owner and GM and not the whole group. I could not tell who was seeing the messages, so maybe this is already the case?

Finally, we found a strange corner case. When you use the long rest field to advance the clock and your clock ends up at 6am the recharge kicks off as expected but as soon as the clock moves off of 6am the recharge fires again.

Either way, thanks for the great extension!

Sure, I'll take a look at cutting down on unnecessary rolling.

That should be how it works already.

That's annoying to hear, since I actually attempted to account for that case specifically. Did a bit more testing with it, and I do see this happening some of the time. If you can provide concrete examples for times that you used to advance it would be appreciated.

Thanks for providing so much feedback so I can keep improving the extension :)

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 15:30
I will put together some examples.

Thanks!

MeAndUnique
April 12th, 2021, 16:47
Version 1.2.2 will no longer roll to recharge full charged items. Also includes a potential fix for the bug nephranka mentioned; I'll test further with the examples once they're ready.

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 23:04
I am happy to report the use of the long/short rest and 6am/12noon/6pm/12mid buttons in conjunction with the hour button no longer causes a corner case issue. Also, the charging is no longer happening if the item is fully charged.

At least I can not get the case to happen in 1.2.2.

I would note that there were some recent changes to the clock ext due to long/short not working correctly. So maybe the change in that code also did something here? Maybe it is a combination of the 2 or user error ;)

Thanks!

MeAndUnique
April 12th, 2021, 23:31
I am happy to report the use of the long/short rest and 6am/12noon/6pm/12mid buttons in conjunction with the hour button no longer causes a corner case issue. Also, the charging is no longer happening if the item is fully charged.

At least I can not get the case to happen in 1.2.2.

I would note that there were some recent changes to the clock ext due to long/short not working correctly. So maybe the change in that code also did something here? Maybe it is a combination of the 2 or user error ;)

Thanks!

Glad to hear its all sorted. :)
Fwiw, there was a bug in 1.2.1 where I had been using too tight of a tolerance in the math, causing some cases where it would overzealously include the starting time due to rounding error (I trusted the Lua docs, which is of course an amateur mistake :p)

nephranka
April 12th, 2021, 23:40
Glad it is back to working!

MeAndUnique
April 16th, 2021, 19:07
Version 1.2.3 is up. Recent ruleset changes broke compatibility with Clock Adjuster for the purposes of recharge based on time of day, and this fixes it.

nephranka
April 17th, 2021, 13:50
Thanks for the hotfix!

Stuggesjoerd
April 27th, 2021, 10:05
It doesnt seem to show up in my extension list when properly placed in the extension folder. A few version ago it did show up. Anyone else experiences this problem?

dustem
April 28th, 2021, 12:13
Which list? The one where you select the extensions prior to starting your server, or the list of extensions in the chat window after your server is running? Mine didn't show in the latter list, as apparently when I added the updated extension to the folder it auto-deselected the extension. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall that happening in earlier versions. I may be mis-remembering though.

Stuggesjoerd
April 28th, 2021, 14:44
Which list? The one where you select the extensions prior to starting your server, or the list of extensions in the chat window after your server is running? Mine didn't show in the latter list, as apparently when I added the updated extension to the folder it auto-deselected the extension. I may be mistaken, but I don't recall that happening in earlier versions. I may be mis-remembering though.

All good, one of the links was corrupted on your github. The extension between the other documents in the following list gave me an error. (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/KitNKaboodle)

The link provided in the installation description is working fine though)

MeAndUnique
April 29th, 2021, 15:30
All good, one of the links was corrupted on your github. The extension between the other documents in the following list gave me an error. (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/KitNKaboodle)

The link provided in the installation description is working fine though)

Awesome, glad to hear its working for you. Also, sorry I got sidetracked and didn't respond sooner.

MeAndUnique
May 3rd, 2021, 20:31
Hey everyone, Aridhro just added added data to the items in his Automatic Effects- Dungeon Master's Guide (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/352165/5E-Automatic-Effects--Dungeon-Masters-Guide-Fantasy-Grounds) module so that when used in conjunction with Clock Adjuster (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?57561-Utility-Clock-Adjuster), Equipped Effects (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/318724/Equipped-Effects-Extension-ext-file-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-2E-35E-4E-5E-CoreRPG-PFRPG-PFRPG2-SFRPG-rulesets), and Kit'N'Kaboodle, any items that are equipped will automatically be set up for recharging.

SilentRuin
May 3rd, 2021, 21:25
I should note that MeAndUnique has done awesome work being a programmer (with Sir Motte themes), data worker (Bleh Data - with Aridhro), and allowing people to bounce ideas off his head till he collapses unconscious as a sounding board :)

He's a competent all round worker on numerous projects for this community. Not something many of us can say (for sure not I), and he should get some serious thanks.

From me to you MeAndUnique, THANKS ;)

MeAndUnique
May 4th, 2021, 15:32
I should note that MeAndUnique has done awesome work being a programmer (with Sir Motte themes), data worker (Bleh Data - with Aridhro), and allowing people to bounce ideas off his head till he collapses unconscious as a sounding board :)

He's a competent all round worker on numerous projects for this community. Not something many of us can say (for sure not I), and he should get some serious thanks.

From me to you MeAndUnique, THANKS ;)

Thank you so much for your kind words! :o

SirMotte
May 4th, 2021, 23:42
Can't be that good without a touch of MeAndUnique in it.

MeAndUnique
May 12th, 2021, 23:07
Version 1.3 has just been release which adds supports for item groups. When the "Display Group" field is set at the bottom of an item's Actions tab, the powers for that item will be shown under that name in the character's Actions tab. Further, if used with Equipped Effects and Automatic Effects, any automated Scrolls, Potions, and Wands that are equipped will default to a group.

SirMotte
May 13th, 2021, 01:21
Version 1.3 has just been release which adds supports for item groups. When the "Display Group" field is set at the bottom of an item's Actions tab, the powers for that item will be shown under that name in the character's Actions tab. Further, if used with Equipped Effects and Automatic Effects, any automated Scrolls, Potions, and Wands that are equipped will default to a group.

Very nice. While it didn't strike me as necessary at first, I can see now why someone with lot's of item effects would want that. Great work!

nephranka
May 13th, 2021, 01:47

Great work!

nephranka
May 25th, 2021, 10:43
I was wondering if you had any plans to develop this further? Like cleaning up the inventory for potions and scrolls after they are used? Thanks!

MeAndUnique
May 25th, 2021, 15:25
I was wondering if you had any plans to develop this further? Like cleaning up the inventory for potions and scrolls after they are used? Thanks!

Yep, consumable/destroyable items are indeed planned. Probably for the next major update. Just haven't had quite as much time recently, plus some other extensions need work too.

nephranka
May 25th, 2021, 16:47
Yep, consumable/destroyable items are indeed planned. Probably for the next major update. Just haven't had quite as much time recently, plus some other extensions need work too.

Cool! My table really enjoys this ext, so keep up the good work!

MeAndUnique
June 2nd, 2021, 19:16
Just released version 1.3.1 with a small update to account for the new attunement support FG received.

nephranka
June 2nd, 2021, 19:51
I was wonder if you were planning on using that information in this ext. Nice work!

similarly
June 5th, 2021, 01:08
I looked at this when it first came out, and decided not to use it at the time because of the conflict with Map Parcels (which I love), but I saw a lot of potential in this.

Today, I decided to come have a look and I read every post in this thread.

I gotta say: MeAndUnique, you are AWESOME!

Through the last 13 pages, any time there was a conflict, you jumped on it, coordinated with others, and squashed it! You've done some really amazing work on this. I'm glad to see this working now with my favorite extensions and mods.

MeAndUnique
June 5th, 2021, 16:24
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad this extension is able to work for you and hope it adds some benefit to your games :)

dbachen
June 5th, 2021, 19:24
Was wondering about the sorting of the Group it creates. Right now, it sorts it at the end, even if alphabetically it should sort higher.. Any way to deal with that? I'm using Automatic Effects and Equipped Effects, so right now I get a group called "Equipped Items" which is at the top.. Ideally, I'd like my item to go into that group, but it looks like it sorts under the item itself. So then I tried making the group be "Equipped Items", but that doesn't use the same group as the EE one (so I have 1 in the top and 1 at the bottom).. lastly, I decided to try 'Equipped Items (Custom)" so that at least it might be under the EE group and it's still at the bottom.. With the other items so prominent I hate to see this one get lost at the bottom! I think its because the group being created isn't a "power" group right? It doesn't have the magnifying glass to bring up the group type, so figured that's why it's it the bottom.
That also means that when you change your display to "actions" it doesn't show the minimized cat/dmg/effects buttons.

vaughnlannister
June 5th, 2021, 20:07
I too would love it, if the items would show up in the Equipped Item group :)

Leprekorn
June 5th, 2021, 20:13
I too would love it, if the items would show up in the Equipped Item group :)

Me too

dbachen
June 6th, 2021, 01:00
Although I'm starting to appreciate it more when you have multiple items of the same type and it groups all of the potions together, the wands together.. so there are pluses and minuses to the org.. just takes some getting used to

MeAndUnique
June 7th, 2021, 18:22
Regarding item powers being grouped in with spells, Kit'N'Kaboodle purposefully does not do so, both from the technical implementation side to support more advanced recharging as well as a design choice based on how it gets used by my players.

While I don't have any concrete timeline, I do have plans to allow item power groups to be selectively moved above spells, which will hopefully alleviate some of the concern about item powers be grouped at the bottom.

nephranka
June 7th, 2021, 18:26
My group finds it works well. We like keeping them apart and as long as they appear in the same place it is predicable and works fine.

plap3014
June 13th, 2021, 16:34
hi, can someone confirm if i need something else to have the effect appear beside? see image

Leprekorn
June 13th, 2021, 16:43
When you click the spyglass what does it show?

MeAndUnique
June 13th, 2021, 16:46
hi, can someone confirm if i need something else to have the effect appear beside? see image

That was actually just brought to my attention last night, and I will look at adding the Action buttons in a future update. In the meantime the power will need to be expanded with the magnifying glass. Sorry for the inconvenience, embarrassingly I'd never really used the Actions display mode before.

plap3014
June 13th, 2021, 16:48
That was actually just brought to my attention last night, and I will look at adding the Action buttons in a future update. In the meantime the power will need to be expanded with the magnifying glass. Sorry for the inconvenience, embarrassingly I'd never really used the Actions display mode before.

no prob, thanks

Milmoor
June 13th, 2021, 21:30
This extension has some overlap with other extensions. Can I turn individual functionality off? Having doubles seems asking for trouble.

MeAndUnique
June 13th, 2021, 22:35
This extension has some overlap with other extensions. Can I turn individual functionality off? Having doubles seems asking for trouble.

Which functionality is overlapping with which extension for you? I've been trying to stay on top of it to make sure Kit'N'Kaboodle plays nicely with others, though there's certainly a chance some have slipped past my notice.

Milmoor
June 14th, 2021, 09:55
Your extension has at least partial overlap with:

Map Parcel (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68696-Extensions-mini-reviews&p=604489&viewfull=1#post604489) for the NPC inventory.
Automatic Actions Tab Additions (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/324606/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Automatic-Actions-Tab-Additions) (haven't reviewed this one yet) for the automatic adding of item actions.

Of course the onus is not on you for this. I'll check the extension which overlap as well if they have on/off switches for parts of the functionality. The reason I asked you first is that I was looking into your tooling, and the description triggered my warning bells.

MeAndUnique
June 14th, 2021, 15:03
Your extension has at least partial overlap with:

Map Parcel (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?68696-Extensions-mini-reviews&p=604489&viewfull=1#post604489) for the NPC inventory.
Automatic Actions Tab Additions (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/324606/Fantasy-Grounds-Mad-Nomads-Automatic-Actions-Tab-Additions) (haven't reviewed this one yet) for the automatic adding of item actions.

Of course the onus is not on you for this. I'll check the extension which overlap as well if they have on/off switches for parts of the functionality. The reason I asked you first is that I was looking into your tooling, and the description triggered my warning bells.

For Map Parcel I built in logic to use the inventory provided by that extension when it is present, so there won't be two copies.

For Automatic Action Tab Additions its sort of an "either, or" situation with how they are used. The easiest way to avoid overlap is to not add the powers to items that already have effects provided by rob2e's coding bundle that are pulled in by Automatic Action Tab Additions.

Milmoor
June 14th, 2021, 19:03
Thanks, I should have read the thread first. Sorry.

Great, that saves me having to choose or nag for changes.
Going to test what the difference is, it was a paper study for me so far, which makes it hard to judge what is easier.

MeAndUnique
June 14th, 2021, 19:44
Thanks, I should have read the thread first. Sorry.

Great, that saves me having to choose or nag for changes.
Going to test what the difference is, it was a paper study for me so far, which makes it hard to judge what is easier.

Broadly, Automatic Action Tab Additions will be the simpler option to use for setting up powers, though item recharging won't be possible without making some compromises. Kit'N'Kaboodle takes a bit more work to set up item powers, and provides more robust recharging capabilities, with even more on the way.

The decision on simplicity vs accuracy can be made on a per-item basis, as the two extensions aren't in any conflict that I am aware of. And if there is any conflict I'd be more than happy to work on addressing it.

MeAndUnique
June 25th, 2021, 19:16
Version 2.0 is live with support for configuring what happens when an item is fully discharged, whether it is destroyed (decrement item count in inventory) for consumables. Or a die rolled to determine if it is destroyed, or even recharged. Of course it is an option to have nothing happen as well. Additionally, the ability to configure the number of charges used upon activation of each power has been added. Action buttons have been added next to power names for items on the action tab. Last, a right click option has been added to move an item group under weapons on the action tab, for items that get used frequently.

Leprekorn
June 25th, 2021, 19:17
Awesome work

nephranka
June 25th, 2021, 19:22
Version 2.0 is live with support for configuring what happens when an item is fully discharged, whether it is destroyed (decrement item count in inventory) for consumables. Or a die rolled to determine if it is destroyed, or even recharged. Of course it is an option to have nothing happen as well. Additionally, the ability to configure the number of charges used upon activation of each power has been added. Action buttons have been added next to power names for items on the action tab. Last, a right click option has been added to move an item group under weapons on the action tab, for items that get used frequently.

Wow!

This is a quantum leap! I will put it to work right away. Thank you!

MeAndUnique
June 25th, 2021, 19:54
Wow!

This is a quantum leap! I will put it to work right away. Thank you!

Fun fact: a quantum leap is essentially the smallest amount of progress possible ;)
(Its one of those terms that amuses me to "uhm actually")

nephranka
June 25th, 2021, 20:12
Funny...clearly not the case here!

dbachen
June 25th, 2021, 21:24
TYVM for your continued hard work on this. You added the new version to the release list at the bottom of the first post, but the first line still has the old 1.3.1 listed as current.

nephranka
June 25th, 2021, 21:48

Edit: I need a power before it shows up on the actions tab. This was user error.

MeAndUnique
June 25th, 2021, 22:10
TYVM for your continued hard work on this. You added the new version to the release list at the bottom of the first post, but the first line still has the old 1.3.1 listed as current.

Woops, thanks for pointing that out :)

nephranka
June 25th, 2021, 22:42
I also note that the item stays in inventory just zeroed out. Any way to make an option to also remove it from the inventory? Additionally, the recharge only has long and short rest. Is there a way to get back dawn and dusk? Finally, a message indicating a roll was made that resulted in the loss of the item would be helpful.

MeAndUnique
June 26th, 2021, 00:01
I also note that the item stays in inventory just zeroed out. Any way to make an option to also remove it from the inventory? Additionally, the recharge only has long and short rest. Is there a way to get back dawn and dusk? Finally, a message indicating a roll was made that resulted in the loss of the item would be helpful.

In order:
Yeah, that's possible, though I'm making someone else field the "my player accidentally clicked the last charge and now I have to remake the item" complaints :p
That is still working just fine in all of my tests so long as Clock Adjuster is loaded.
Yeah, I can look at adding a clear indication for that.

I don't have a concrete timeline for when the next update will come out, but I'll address these in it.

nephranka
June 26th, 2021, 00:46
Thanks!

I figure for the first one would be create an option (in the settings) that would allow those of us who would want that and default to normal behavior for others.
When I cycle in the recharge selection I only had never, long and short options no dawn or dusk options.
Thanks!

Edit: I see the dawn/dusk option now. Sorry for the confusion. None of this is urgent just random feedback.

plap3014
June 26th, 2021, 17:04
Hi,

my special weapon have the following:

This staff has 6 charges and regains 1d6 charge at dawn. While holding the staff, you can expend a number of charges to cast the following spells:

1 charge: shield

2 charges: barkskin

i'm note sur how to code it to have barskin use 2 charges

thanks for your help

MeAndUnique
June 26th, 2021, 17:10
Hi,

my special weapon have the following:

This staff has 6 charges and regains 1d6 charge at dawn. While holding the staff, you can expend a number of charges to cast the following spells:

1 charge: shield

2 charges: barkskin

i'm note sur how to code it to have barskin use 2 charges

thanks for your help

Right now you have it set up with one power containing three effect actions. Charge use is configured per power, so you'd need to set up the spells as distinct powers.

nephranka
June 28th, 2021, 13:38
My group really liked the ability to move things up to the weapons section of the actions tab. I would have liked it more if they could arrange them in any order instead of alphabetical but this was a win none the less. Everything else seems to be working.

Great work!

dbachen
July 3rd, 2021, 17:27
Getting a script error when working with an item that has a power attached.
I thought it was an interaction with Equipped Effects or Automatic Effects, but as I was putting in the steps here for you, I eliminated them from the fix by a) making sure my item name didn't match a spell b) adding powers that were from PHB and not AE

-Magic item (not ID), no powers attached, dragged to character sheet. Works fine.
-Made copy of item for testing. Added a power. Just 1 for testing, animal friendship (error happens with any number of powers or different powers, this is just a test spell)
-Drag to character sheet
[7/3/2021 12:25:43 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_power.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value

nephranka
July 3rd, 2021, 18:06
Getting a script error when working with an item that has a power attached.
I thought it was an interaction with Equipped Effects or Automatic Effects, but as I was putting in the steps here for you, I eliminated them from the fix by a) making sure my item name didn't match a spell b) adding powers that were from PHB and not AE

-Magic item (not ID), no powers attached, dragged to character sheet. Works fine.
-Made copy of item for testing. Added a power. Just 1 for testing, animal friendship (error happens with any number of powers or different powers, this is just a test spell)
-Drag to character sheet
[7/3/2021 12:25:43 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/item_power.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value

I can confirm this error with only this ext loaded.

MeAndUnique
July 4th, 2021, 22:53
Just released version 2.0.1 which addresses the previously mentioned error as well as adds messages when items are destroyed upon discharge.

BlazingAzureCrow
July 5th, 2021, 07:22
Would it be possible to have multiple power groups within a single item? Let's say, for an item that had 5 charges that were used to cast spells, but also had an ability that could be used twice per long rest? Currently there's no way to separate these effects from the same pool of charges, unless I'm missing something (in which case please do let me know!)

MeAndUnique
July 5th, 2021, 17:55
Would it be possible to have multiple power groups within a single item? Let's say, for an item that had 5 charges that were used to cast spells, but also had an ability that could be used twice per long rest? Currently there's no way to separate these effects from the same pool of charges, unless I'm missing something (in which case please do let me know!)

Yeah, I can take a look at that, though no promises on timeline/prioritization at present. Do you have an example of such an item from an "official" source? Example items help me resolve details and edge cases as they come up.

BlazingAzureCrow
July 5th, 2021, 20:22
Yeah, I can take a look at that, though no promises on timeline/prioritization at present. Do you have an example of such an item from an "official" source? Example items help me resolve details and edge cases as they come up.

I'm mostly considering custom items or powers, but some examples of what I'm talking about are items like the Staff of the Magi, Staff of Thunder and Lightning, or really any artifact with a random beneficial quality.

In the case of the staff of the magi it has charges that let it cast spells, but also many "at will" spells which it would be convenient to not have disappear from the list when the charges are used (if there's already a way to have some features not disappear with the charges I've missed it). The Staff of Thunder and Lightning has one use of either its "lightning" or "thunder" features per rest, but also one separate use of "thunder and lightning" that would be good to track separately.

The artifact is perhaps the biggest example. Most artifacts have a short/long rest feature, but also let you roll for various properties. You can roll the "lets you cast a spell once per long rest. If you do roll 1d6. On a result of 1-5 it is expended, but on a result of 6 it is not" option, which the Kit'n'Kaboodle functionality for auto-rolling would be really good for (like, in having an option where on a roll of 1 or 6 it doesn't expend), but only if it was tracked and parsed separately from its other features.

EDIT: The instruments of the bards are another example of how it might be useful to have effects with independent charges, since they all have spells that can only be cast once per day each rather than use a unified pool of charges.

nephranka
July 7th, 2021, 19:45
Just released version 2.0.1 which addresses the previously mentioned error as well as adds messages when items are destroyed upon discharge.

Seems to have fixed it. The message is a nice addition. It will helpful when a lot is going on to have a log of what happened. Thanks!

MeAndUnique
July 12th, 2021, 20:02
Just released version 2.0.2 which fixes a bug preventing items from properly recharging at times other than dawn.

kidmesphito
July 14th, 2021, 14:26
Getting a error if i try to equip a item, like a wand

MeAndUnique
July 14th, 2021, 15:49
Getting a error if i try to equip a item, like a wand

Looks like there are a handful of other extensions, so the first step would be to check if its a compatibility issue. If so, I'd be happy to take a look and either resolve the problem or reach out to the other dev. If it turns out not to be an issue of compatibility with another extension, I would appreciate if you could provide more detailed steps to reproduce the problem.

kidmesphito
July 14th, 2021, 16:12
Ty for helping me out, i made a fresh campaign with only this ext., clock adjuster and equiped effects, if i equiped a magic axe there was no problem, magic armor no problem but when i equip a wand i get the error again
first one was when i tried to equip the magic missile one, second when i tried the firball one

With only this ext. Nothing happens at all, it doesn't show up anywhere.

MeAndUnique
July 14th, 2021, 16:22
Ty for helping me out, i made a fresh campaign with only this ext., clock adjuster and equiped effects, if i equiped a magic axe there was no problem, magic armor no problem but when i equip a wand i get the error again
first one was when i tried to equip the magic missile one, second when i tried the firball one

With only this ext. Nothing happens at all, it doesn't show up anywhere.

Alright, thank you, I'll take a look. And sorry for the inconvenience.

kidmesphito
July 14th, 2021, 16:29
Np for the incovenience, ty for making this kind of module, gratefull for that saw a picture here what it looked like,and reasing what it does it looks good

Edit, tried it now with only your ext and the equiped effect, i get the eror again

MeAndUnique
July 14th, 2021, 17:50
Should now be fixed in v2.0.3

Edit: Also, a consolidated naming convention has been suggested to several extension developers, and I have adapted to follow suit. It will now be shown as "Feature: Kit'N'Kaboodle" in the extension list, and may require reselecting after this update.

Lordmesphito
July 14th, 2021, 18:12
Thank you for your work

rhagelstrom
July 14th, 2021, 18:26
Should now be fixed in v2.0.3

Edit: Also, a consolidated naming convention has been suggested to several extension developers, and I have adapted to follow suit. It will now be shown as "Feature: Kit'N'Kaboodle" in the extension list, and may require reselecting after this update.

I wasn't aware this was the new thing.

kidmesphito
July 15th, 2021, 09:23
Works like a charm now, ty

Leprekorn
July 22nd, 2021, 22:40
Anyway to get this to work with Diablobobs DMs Tools to enable adding spell tokens to effects?

MeAndUnique
July 24th, 2021, 15:49
Anyway to get this to work with Diablobobs DMs Tools to enable adding spell tokens to effects?

Yep, I have spoken with Diablobob and he has given his blessing on the venture, now its mostly a matter of hours in the day. Presently I have another couple of projects that I'm behind schedule on that are taking most of my attention.

Leprekorn
July 24th, 2021, 16:56
No worries, completely understand.

LordOfPandemonium
July 30th, 2021, 19:43
Apologies if I missed this, but I didn't find it in my quick look through the thread or a search.

Is there a way to set a power to 0 charges if the item is set to have charges? A good example would be staff of the magi that has a number of spells it can do that do not use up charges.

Anytime I tried to set the charge to 0 it kept resetting to 1.

I guess could just no mark off charges when using those powers. Depending on the complexity.

MeAndUnique
July 31st, 2021, 02:21
Apologies if I missed this, but I didn't find it in my quick look through the thread or a search.

Is there a way to set a power to 0 charges if the item is set to have charges? A good example would be staff of the magi that has a number of spells it can do that do not use up charges.

Anytime I tried to set the charge to 0 it kept resetting to 1.

I guess could just no mark off charges when using those powers. Depending on the complexity.

Sorry for the inconvenience, 0 charges on a power is intended to be supported. I am currently on vacation and will work on addressing that bug once I get back.

miked2681
August 3rd, 2021, 22:05
I apologize if I've missed it but I've tried looking through the thread here and I can't seem to find what the 'Power Group' box is for. I see that 'Display Group' sets the title for the group it goes under but I'm not seeing anything change when I set the 'Power Group'.

MeAndUnique
August 4th, 2021, 04:56
I apologize if I've missed it but I've tried looking through the thread here and I can't seem to find what the 'Power Group' box is for. I see that 'Display Group' sets the title for the group it goes under but I'm not seeing anything change when I set the 'Power Group'.

That allows the item's powers to calculate DCs, damage, etc based on the group on the user's actions tab. This is most commonly relevant for items that cast spells with the users spellcasting DC.

miked2681
August 4th, 2021, 05:37
That allows the item's powers to calculate DCs, damage, etc based on the group on the user's actions tab. This is most commonly relevant for items that cast spells with the users spellcasting DC.
Ah, good to know! Thanks for the answer.

rhagelstrom
August 4th, 2021, 16:25
Had a couple of my players get this error last session.

Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:455: attempt to index local 'nodeGroups' (a nil value)

snakh
August 5th, 2021, 15:53

Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:455: attempt to index local 'nodeGroups' (a nil value)

Mine were getting this error as well. As a work-around, I was able to add an action to an item and remove it again for each player character which was causing that issue and it resolved itself.

On an entirely unrelated note, when I add actions to the item, even when I paste in the text from spells which FGU successfully parses into Actions (e.g. the little buttons you can click to roll things, etc), no such buttons appear for the abilities on the item. Here is a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

The top section shows the rollable damage action that was generated when the spell was added to the sheet normally. The bottom section shows the actions which were added via the item, and their lack of rollable action buttons. Is this expected or am I missing something?

Leprekorn
August 5th, 2021, 19:00
Edited

Leprekorn
August 5th, 2021, 19:01
Can you show the effects in the ring of shooting stars in the inventory page?

MeAndUnique
August 7th, 2021, 18:08

Sorry for the delay in response, just recently got home from vacation. Unfortunately, this is one of the situations where the line number of the code causing problems only adds to the confusion as the code immediately before it should be guarding against this exact case. Do you happen to have steps to reproduce the error, know what the players were doing when this error occurred?

MeAndUnique
August 7th, 2021, 18:16
Mine were getting this error as well. As a work-around, I was able to add an action to an item and remove it again for each player character which was causing that issue and it resolved itself.

On an entirely unrelated note, when I add actions to the item, even when I paste in the text from spells which FGU successfully parses into Actions (e.g. the little buttons you can click to roll things, etc), no such buttons appear for the abilities on the item. Here is a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

The top section shows the rollable damage action that was generated when the spell was added to the sheet normally. The bottom section shows the actions which were added via the item, and their lack of rollable action buttons. Is this expected or am I missing something?

Thanks for sharing the workaround you discovered!

From the screenshots it doesn't look like any actions have been added to the powers (no magnifying glass), so there wouldn't be anything to create those buttons from. While it does appear as if the option to manually reparse the spell actions is not working (I'll work on fixing that), they still work if you drag a spell in from the spells window. Otherwise you can manually add the actions in the event of the power being unique to the items and not something that can be dragged in.

rhagelstrom
August 7th, 2021, 20:28
Sorry for the delay in response, just recently got home from vacation. Unfortunately, this is one of the situations where the line number of the code causing problems only adds to the confusion as the code immediately before it should be guarding against this exact case. Do you happen to have steps to reproduce the error, know what the players were doing when this error occurred?

I don't know what they were doing and if I ask I'm sure they don't either. I know they weren't configuring anything because they don't do that, they were just doing player sort of things like clicking buttons. I know that isn't much help

snakh
August 8th, 2021, 22:51
Thanks for sharing the workaround you discovered!

From the screenshots it doesn't look like any actions have been added to the powers (no magnifying glass), so there wouldn't be anything to create those buttons from. While it does appear as if the option to manually reparse the spell actions is not working (I'll work on fixing that), they still work if you drag a spell in from the spells window. Otherwise you can manually add the actions in the event of the power being unique to the items and not something that can be dragged in.

I discovered the source of my confusion. If the item is locked, you can't add actions to powers, but you *can* add powers. Thanks and apologies for the confusion!

Edit to share a bug for you, related to the issue I found that workaround for earlier.

In my 5e game, I have parcels set up in such a way as to make shops. Basically each parcel is one item, where the money part of the parcel is -cost, so a healing potion gives you a potion, and has a "reward" of -50g for instance. I made these parcels ages ago, and whenever a player grabs one, all of the players get that same error message (screenshot posted below). This happens every time a player drags one of these parcels from a story onto their sheet.

It is worth noting that I didn't get those errors as the GM, only the players did. Could be related to client vs server?

I guess steps to reproduce: Create a parcel with an item without KnK enabled, restart the game with KnK, connect as a player to your game in a separate instance, see if you get error message?

MeAndUnique
August 11th, 2021, 14:59
Version 2.0.4 has been pushed. This version fixes support for item powers that don't require any charges, fixes a bug causing item groups with multiple items to occasional hide some power if the group has been moved under weapons, and has an attempted fix for the nodeGroups error message.

MeAndUnique
August 11th, 2021, 17:55
Also, for anyone who hasn't found it already and would like to use The Forge, I added a link in the first post.

MeAndUnique
August 12th, 2021, 17:45
Just released v2.0.5 which fixes some compatibility with other extensions. The update is ready on both FGF and Github.

MeAndUnique
August 17th, 2021, 18:51
Version 2.0.6 is live with another fix for a player-side error when adding items to inventories.

nephranka
August 20th, 2021, 17:31
So, I found another conflict with Kit'N'Kaboodle v 2.0.6 with the NPC Random Treasure Drops by Troy Montrith (PR616E6ST). When I open an item in the "Possible Harvest" parcel I get:
[8/20/2021 12:25:19 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "count"]:17: bad argument #2 to 'format' (number expected, got string)

It still opens, just throws the error.

Any thoughts?

MeAndUnique
August 20th, 2021, 18:41
I can certainly take a look at what's going on.

nephranka
August 20th, 2021, 19:38
Thanks! I did post in his thread as well.

graphil
August 21st, 2021, 11:49
Looks like a really great extension. Does this work with the Map Parcel extension since that also adds an inventory section for NPCs?

MeAndUnique
August 21st, 2021, 20:57
Looks like a really great extension. Does this work with the Map Parcel extension since that also adds an inventory section for NPCs?

Yep, they work together nicely.

graphil
August 22nd, 2021, 10:31
Was trying charges with a potion of healing. In actions I set charges 1, on last charge destroy. Am I doing something wrong or doesn't this work on potions?

MeAndUnique
August 22nd, 2021, 16:59
Was trying charges with a potion of healing. In actions I set charges 1, on last charge destroy. Am I doing something wrong or doesn't this work on potions?

Presently, destroying an item results in its count in inventory being reduced, but not outright removed from the inventory. Adding that as an option is toward the top of my to-do list, though I have another project taking the majority of my time right now.

graphil
August 22nd, 2021, 17:26
Presently, destroying an item results in its count in inventory being reduced, but not outright removed from the inventory. Adding that as an option is toward the top of my to-do list, though I have another project taking the majority of my time right now.

I didn't get the potion count going down from 1 to 0 either. Is that expected?

Also with just Equipped Effects installed when I equip an item it drops into an Equipped Items group in the actions tab. However if I activate KnK then wonderous go under their own name since the group is not set in actions. Is there a way to keep everything in the Equipped Items group?

MeAndUnique
August 22nd, 2021, 22:09
I didn't get the potion count going down from 1 to 0 either. Is that expected?

Also with just Equipped Effects installed when I equip an item it drops into an Equipped Items group in the actions tab. However if I activate KnK then wonderous go under their own name since the group is not set in actions. Is there a way to keep everything in the Equipped Items group?

Odd, clicking the circle to use the charge is working fine on my end. Anything else different about the portion you can think of that would set up apart?

Equipped Effects on its own creates a normal character power and group, which doesn't work well with the extra features of Kit'N'Kaboodle. So KNK uses specialized item power groups. You can control which group by the Display Group field on the item's action tab.

MeAndUnique
August 30th, 2021, 15:10
Just pushed v2.0.7 with a fix for the conflict with Random Treasure Parcels.

nephranka
August 30th, 2021, 20:16
Just pushed v2.0.7 with a fix for the conflict with Random Treasure Parcels.

That fixed the error in the Random Treasure Parcels. Thanks!

nephranka
September 5th, 2021, 12:37
Not sure if you saw this. It has some impact on this ext so I thought I link it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70306-Number-of-items

MeAndUnique
September 6th, 2021, 17:08
Not sure if you saw this. It has some impact on this ext so I thought I link it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?70306-Number-of-items

I had not, thanks for sharing. I'll keep my eye on how it progresses for now.

nephranka
September 7th, 2021, 01:10
I was wondering if you thought about when players want to use items (equipped) but not attunded? It would be nice to not allow any powers load on the actions tab is they are not attunded.

MeAndUnique
September 7th, 2021, 02:11
I was wondering if you thought about when players want to use items (equipped) but not attunded? It would be nice to not allow any powers load on the actions tab is they are not attunded.

Are you referring to the powers on the item's actions tab? If so, that's an oversight on my part that I can look into in the future for sure.
If you're referring to the item powers on the character sheet actions tab, that is somehow(?) a conflict with another extension, as Kit'N'Kaboodle is designed to hide powers for unattuned items there.

nephranka
September 7th, 2021, 02:43
Are you referring to the powers on the item's actions tab? If so, that's an oversight on my part that I can look into in the future for sure.
If you're referring to the item powers on the character sheet actions tab, that is somehow(?) a conflict with another extension, as Kit'N'Kaboodle is designed to hide powers for unattuned items there.

It was option B I was looking at. I have a player in this situation but now you say that, it makes perfect sense as I have not seen this before.

The strange thing is when I tried my testing campaign I can not reproduce it. So maybe it is left over code in the db from back when we had the other attunment ext that got replaced in the FGU code. So it sees this item as being attuned when it is not. Time to take a look into the db!

Sorry for the false alarm.

MeAndUnique
September 7th, 2021, 07:35
It was option B I was looking at. I have a player in this situation but now you say that, it makes perfect sense as I have not seen this before.

The strange thing is when I tried my testing campaign I can not reproduce it. So maybe it is left over code in the db from back when we had the other attunment ext that got replaced in the FGU code. So it sees this item as being attuned when it is not. Time to take a look into the db!

Sorry for the false alarm.

No need to apologize, even if its not something that ends up being an issue its fine to err on the side of information sharing. In this case maybe toggling the attunement on/off will cycle the gunk out from a previous extension?

nephranka
September 7th, 2021, 10:40
No need to apologize, even if its not something that ends up being an issue its fine to err on the side of information sharing. In this case maybe toggling the attunement on/off will cycle the gunk out from a previous extension?

Yep. I had to turn the old back on, cycle it off, then turn it back off. All fixed!

MeAndUnique
September 11th, 2021, 22:26
Version 2.1.0 is live with an added option to delete destroyed items, a fixed counter graphic bug, and added support for item powers with uses independent of the item's charges.

MeAndUnique
September 12th, 2021, 13:34
And v2.1.1, to fix a couple of bugs from 2.1.0 :p

nephranka
September 12th, 2021, 14:55
And v2.1.1, to fix a couple of bugs from 2.1.0 :p

Looking good. Thanks for the option. I think the non charge related powers is also very nice.

MeAndUnique
September 12th, 2021, 16:41
Version 2.1.2 is out with another fix for a small graphical bug in which multiline item power names would collide with their action contents. Sorry for the rapid fire changes, hopefully it'll be good for a while now.

Frank_Jager
October 1st, 2021, 17:09
Anyone know what's wrong with me?

I keep getting this error.

Script Execution Error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:457: attempt to index global 'CharAttunementManager' (a nil value)

It's when equipping or unequipping items...

MeAndUnique
October 1st, 2021, 18:03
Anyone know what's wrong with me?

I keep getting this error.

Script Execution Error: [string "scripts/manager_item_power.lua"]:457: attempt to index global 'CharAttunementManager' (a nil value)

It's when equipping or unequipping items...

CharAttunementManager is provided by the 5E ruleset for managing character attunement. As such the primary reasons I can think of for this error are as follows:

An extension is deleting the manager. I don't know if this is even possible though.
The local copy of the 5E ruleset is out of date, perhaps it was unzipped at some point to look at the code.
Kit'N'Kaboodle is being used outside the 5E ruleset. It'd actually be pretty cool to learn that it largely just works in other systems, as I honestly wouldn't expect that to be the case.

MeAndUnique
November 9th, 2021, 07:00
Just released version 2.1.3 which adds support for defining actions on item templates which can the be used in the item forge to create new items. Presently, in the event of the item forge encountering multiple sources of charges when creating a new item, it will use the charge information from the first source.

MeAndUnique
December 11th, 2021, 02:07
Version 2.2.0 just released with added support for resource actions when used in conjunction with Capital Gains

MeAndUnique
December 13th, 2021, 05:08
Version 2.2.1 just fixed a bug with the mini action buttons for items on the character sheet not working.

MeAndUnique
December 14th, 2021, 01:14
Version 2.2.2 is live. When I grow up I want to be a real developer, that fixes things all the way the first time round ;)

charmov
December 14th, 2021, 01:46
Version 2.2.2 is live. When I grow up I want to be a real developer, that fixes things all the way the first time round ;)

Hey man, this is real! You're developing community, thank you!

nephranka
December 19th, 2021, 16:08
Still seeing an error with the mini buttons and the combat automation ext from Xelab.

MeAndUnique
December 22nd, 2021, 19:07
Still seeing an error with the mini buttons and the combat automation ext from Xelab.

I can certainly take a look at resolving the issue, though the warning about DEPRECATED functionality is coming from Combat Automation even without any other extensions loaded and is indicative of it being a little bit out of date with FGU updates, which may cause some complications.

nephranka
December 22nd, 2021, 19:09
I can certainly take a look at resolving the issue, though the warning about DEPRECATED functionality is coming from Combat Automation even without any other extensions loaded and is indicative of it being a little bit out of date with FGU updates, which may cause some complications.

Thanks for the feedback. I did post in his thread and I will relay the information.

nephranka
December 22nd, 2021, 21:44

So, it would appear that Xelab might have left FG. I did not want to waste your time fixing a bug to work with something that is no longer supported. I will have to go back to upcasting and tracking spell slots the old fashion way.

Hjorimir
December 23rd, 2021, 10:23
I'm getting the following error when a player clicks the final charge on an item: [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (rolldischargeditem)

Now, if I click the final charge (as the DM) without the player being connected to the server, it works just fine. I attached a snapshot from the DM's view. The second the player who owns the character connects, clicking the button starts to report the name of the power (as opposed to making the discharge check roll).

If I click on a different PC for another player who isn't connected, it will work just fine (while the one that is connected fails to work properly). I'm at a loss here.

emoska
December 24th, 2021, 01:53
Just came across this extension today and it's awesome!

One issue I'm having though, is that I can't seem to get a magical item to show on the Actions tab with charges present.

For example, Wand of Magic Missile doesn't show in the Actions tab when it is equipped by the PC (see screens below).

Anything obvious I'm missing?

Leprekorn
December 24th, 2021, 07:02
Can you take a screen grab of how you have your wand set up?

emoska
December 24th, 2021, 09:13
Can you take a screen grab of how you have your wand set up?

As soon as you asked me to take a photo of the set up, I realised that I'd done everything except to place the spell onto the wand in the action menu.

Thank you!!!

Leprekorn
December 24th, 2021, 11:18
No worries

MeAndUnique
December 25th, 2021, 03:02
I'm getting the following error when a player clicks the final charge on an item: [ERROR] Unknown special message type received. (rolldischargeditem)

Now, if I click the final charge (as the DM) without the player being connected to the server, it works just fine. I attached a snapshot from the DM's view. The second the player who owns the character connects, clicking the button starts to report the name of the power (as opposed to making the discharge check roll).

If I click on a different PC for another player who isn't connected, it will work just fine (while the one that is connected fails to work properly). I'm at a loss here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have a potential fix ready on the dev branch in GitHub, though I'm away from home for the holidays so I can't test it presently. Feel free to give the dev version a go if you'd like, otherwise I'll verify it and push to the Forge next week.

Hjorimir
December 25th, 2021, 17:42
Thank you so much, @MeAndUnique! Next week should be fine. I hope you and yours have a wonderful holiday!

MeAndUnique
January 1st, 2022, 21:48
Version 2.3.0 is live:
Fixes the bug with rolling for discharged items when the owning player is connected.
Adds an Actions tab to spells, class features, ancestral traits, feats, and character abilities.
Allows more fine grained control over the mode in which an item periodically recharges. By default now items will only Gain charges, so negative results of the roll will be treated as a zero. Additionally items may be configured to Lose charges equal to the roll, or to Change by the roll, positive or negative. Lastly, the is a Single checkbox, which will result in only a single roll even if the item has a count greater than 1 in the character's inventory.

Hjorimir
January 4th, 2022, 23:13
So, 2.3.0 only partially fixes the bug for discharged items rolled when the owning player is connected.
From my testing, I can (as the DM) click the final charge of an item to force the recharge reroll. However, the owning player cannot. Clicking the final charge of the item only reports the name of the power to the chat window, but no discharge roll is made.

Hjorimir
January 4th, 2022, 23:16
Here's a snapshot for reference. You can see the reports of Allanon (the owning player) clicking the final charge on the wand and there's no roll. When the DM clicks the final charge, the DISCHARGE roll is made.

MeAndUnique
January 5th, 2022, 06:08
Version 2.4.0 is live, in addition to ensuring that players can properly discharge and roll for their own items, it adds the ability to drag and drop actions by dragging from the magnifying glass that opens the action editor. This allows re-ordering of actions within a power, or duplicating the action within a power by holding Ctrl during the drag. Additionally, actions may be copied from one power to another, or moved if Shift is held during the drag. Lastly, a radial menu option to switch to multiple powers has been added to the actions tab for abilities, class features, ancestral traits, and feats.

Hjorimir
January 5th, 2022, 06:23
Can confirm this new build fixed the issue. Thanks so much, MeAndUnique!

Aridhro
January 5th, 2022, 07:37
Version 2.4.0 is live, in addition to ensuring that players can properly discharge and roll for their own items, it adds the ability to drag and drop actions by dragging from the magnifying glass that opens the action editor. This allows re-ordering of actions within a power, or duplicating the action within a power by holding Ctrl during the drag. Additionally, actions may be copied from one power to another, or moved if Shift is held during the drag. Lastly, a radial menu option to switch to multiple powers has been added to the actions tab for abilities, class features, ancestral traits, and feats.

Coolest update ever for those who like to tinker with effects.
Thanks MeAndUnique

Leprekorn
January 5th, 2022, 09:23
Has there ever been a vid demoing the functionality of this excellent ext. I think I only scratch the surface of what it can do.

nephranka
January 11th, 2022, 01:33
Out of the blue, I run into an error when trying to add a power to an item. I am hoping it might have an easy fix? It looks like there is a conflict with this and Kent's Automatic Save Advantage ext. They seem to be working fine then tonight they are not. Not really sure when they stopped working together. When I create a new power and try to add a 'cast' it throws this error:

MeAndUnique
January 11th, 2022, 03:16
Out of the blue, I run into an error when trying to add a power to an item. I am hoping it might have an easy fix? It looks like there is a conflict with this and Kent's Automatic Save Advantage ext. They seem to be working fine then tonight they are not. Not really sure when they stopped working together. When I create a new power and try to add a 'cast' it throws this error:

I'll check and see if I have that one to take a look, otherwise I'll reach out to Kent. Thanks for reporting :)

MeAndUnique
January 11th, 2022, 03:16
Version 2.4.1 released with a fix for the mini action buttons not reordering correctly when changing action order.

nephranka
January 11th, 2022, 10:39
I'll check and see if I have that one to take a look, otherwise I'll reach out to Kent. Thanks for reporting :)

Thanks for looking.

anathemort
January 14th, 2022, 20:05
Is it possible for the display group to be sorted alphabetically? It would be very helpful with larger lists of items!

lostsanityreturned
January 15th, 2022, 13:36
Found a random conflict

Kit N Kaboodle throws up

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asa.lua"]:33: attempt to index local 'rAction' (a nil value)

When enabled along side:
- 5e Automatic Save Advantage
- Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display

Steps to Replicate:
Add a Potion of Healing to a character, open the link, click actions. The error will only appear with both of the above active.

Disclaimer:
Not sharing because I expect or believe it is your responsibility to fix it, but figure it would be good to mention on the main post as a conflict :)

MeAndUnique
January 15th, 2022, 17:08
Is it possible for the display group to be sorted alphabetically? It would be very helpful with larger lists of items!

For some reason the sort wasn't being triggered on power name changes, fixed in v2.4.2

MeAndUnique
January 15th, 2022, 18:56
Found a random conflict

Kit N Kaboodle throws up

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asa.lua"]:33: attempt to index local 'rAction' (a nil value)

When enabled along side:
- 5e Automatic Save Advantage
- Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display

Steps to Replicate:
Add a Potion of Healing to a character, open the link, click actions. The error will only appear with both of the above active.

Disclaimer:
Not sharing because I expect or believe it is your responsibility to fix it, but figure it would be good to mention on the main post as a conflict :)

Thanks so much for the detailed information! This one had actually come up recently, and I have provided the author of the script showing the error with a potential solution. They have a good track record of being on top of things so I expect a resolution to be forthcoming.