PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre results with LOS - player tokens moving uncontrollably

ZooSKP
February 9th, 2021, 23:12
Hi Forum-

Apologies if this is documented elsewhere: I attempted to search, but I am not sure how to describe the problem. Here it is.

I recently upgraded my license from Classic to Unity, and played several sessions (of 5e) in Unity with several groups without much incident. Sunday morning (Feb. 7, 2021) was the first session that I had where I used the LOS feature (this is where the players finally reached a map that I had prepared after getting the Unity upgrade). I had tested the feature locally several times before playing the live session, so I more or less knew what to expect as players moved their tokens.

We played for about 75 minutes with LOS enabled on two different maps, with everything pretty much WAD. After an encounter on the second map, players started moving to the next area (same map) with tokens locked. After I accepted some moves, at least two of the tokens (six players were online, plus me) started going haywire. Specifically, the requested moves started getting longer and longer, going to the right and left extremes of the map, and ignoring my line-of-sight walls. At first, I thought that my players were messing around (several are kids), but they all said they didn't know what was happening and weren't causing it (I believe them).

I would try to catch each token and cancel the move when it briefly stopped where I could click, but it just continued requesting longer and longer moves, with the distance ticker >10,000 feet! In the end, we were close to time, so I ended the session.

I hosted another game for a different group on Monday night, but didn't use any LOS-enabled maps, and it was fine.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Zacchaeus
February 10th, 2021, 00:18
Nope. I haven’t heard of such issues. We’ll probably need some further details; possibly the campaign folder or the map used, what extensions were being used, what theme etc.

ZooSKP
February 10th, 2021, 02:05
Thanks, starting a support ticket shortly.